Author Topic: The Fallen  (Read 23065 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2006, 01:27:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Cassandra""
You may notice that one of the names has vanished from the list...Turns out it belonged to someone who's quite alive and well and nowhere near as easy going about the whole thing...My apologies to you for taking awhile to take care of this.

No jab at ya at all Valhalla, we have communicated via pm and I think all is cool.  

But as the original anonymous asshole against the centralized listing of the deceased, I want to say that the fact that we recently learned of someone on the list of "the fallen" that is actually still alive and kicking only reinforces my perspectibve on the issue.  To clarify, I speak not of who or whom not to remember at any memorial, I am speaking of the potential for some "list" that becomes a seperate entity, and someones pet project, long after the memorials.

I continue to believe any such list is not a good idea at all as it is an emphatically impossible task to accomplish with any degree of accuracy.  If the list could be compiled with any degree of certainty than I would promptly shut my mouth and cage my typing fingers from pounding replies on this thread.  

1.) the information is largely from unreliable information at best
2.) the omissions far outweigh those included and continues to leave possibly tens of thousands deceased as forgotten, which is contrary to the cause and
3.) it may dishonor the deceased and their families to even be included in such a list compiled by ex-straight teens.

As we spoke about in our PM V., November 11th will be like any other day for me.  I respect and remember those that I knew deceased each and every day.  I look at it like this, does the brother of a soldier killed in combat wait until Veterans Day or Memorial Day to pay respects?  No, I remember with respect daily.

I don't mean to invite trouble, I haven't the time or energy to defend my perspective.  I see the list as futile.  

I will remember mine, you remember yours, no one will be forgotten.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Fire Swamp

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2006, 01:38:45 PM »
Q.Why do Irishmen always go home for funerals?

A. To make sure it's not them who's died.  :rofl:

Offline Gah

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2006, 02:32:43 PM »
When I came back from Straight, many people would come running up to me and hug me. They all thought I had commited suicide. It was kinda nice to see so many people excited to see me alive. I ca'nt say it hurt me at all.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Defamation and Slander
« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2006, 07:08:13 PM »
Quote from: ""12345""
I Googled you and what I found wasn't very nice.

I don't want to fight with you but you may have a lawsuit on your hands for slander and defamation if you don't stop what you are doing.  I was a victim of your list and what you said about me was untrue and I consider it slander.  I am not dead as you told the world I was.  I did not die of suicide.  We can keep going or you can let me express my opinion on your forum just as you have everyone else.

In law, defamation is a right of action for communicating statements that may harm an individual's reputation or character. The common law origins of defamation lie in the torts of slander (harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech) and libel (harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast), each of which gives a common law right of action.

For the rest of you, I read through the passages of this forum.  Some of you have written really great stuff and I wish I knew you still.  For those of you who really care and are thoughtful, I am sure you will do really well making a difference in whatever you do.

you really are an asshole...making threats of a lawsuit....so full of yourself and your opinions that you see nothing else. Are you an attorney or did you just sleep at a Holiday Inn last night??

You really...really..need to get over yourself already. You might be surprised by how it feels to NOT be such a jerk.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2006, 07:59:35 PM »
Quote from: ""Lord Obnoxio""
Q.Why do Irishmen always go home for funerals?

A. To make sure it's not them who's died.  :rofl:

May you be in heaven a half-hour before the devil knows you are dead.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Defamation and Slander
« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2006, 08:33:13 PM »
I Googled you and what I found wasn't very nice.

I don't want to fight with you but you may have a lawsuit on your hands for slander and defamation if you don't stop what you are doing.  I was a victim of your list and what you said about me was untrue and I consider it slander.  I am not dead as you told the world I was.  I did not die of suicide.  We can keep going or you can let me express my opinion on your forum just as you have everyone else.

In law, defamation is a right of action for communicating statements that may harm an individual's reputation or character. The common law origins of defamation lie in the torts of slander (harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech) and libel (harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast), each of which gives a common law right of action.

For the rest of you, I read through the passages of this forum.  Some of you have written really great stuff and I wish I knew you still.  For those of you who really care and are thoughtful, I am sure you will do really well making a difference in whatever you do.

Why dont you just send a pm and ask them to take you off the list? As for the name on this site, I am sure there are other people in this world with the same name as yours.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2006, 08:34:53 PM »
Shit, fuck.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Fallen
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2006, 09:23:35 PM »
Ok, I already took your name off. If anyone who copied the list wants to delete it because your reasoning is compelling, why then they will. If anyone who copied it anon wants me to do it for them, I'll help if I can. But I think you'll draw more cooperation if you can find it in your heart to be a little sweet about it, ya know? It's not asif anybody set out to mess with you. Somebody heard you had passed and wanted to mourn your passing. Isn't it a little bit nice to know that, if you were gone, you'd be missed?

Well, actually, I'd bet dollars to donuts that the rumor originated in group. So if you want to go ream somebody you could probably pick a better target.

Anon, I'm glad you're not dead n, all, but don't push it. You can sue if you want but you probably won't get too far. See http://dchfans.com/ I didn't make that list nor quote it. I only made one addition to it of someone I know of. I'd be thrilled to death to find out I was wrong about him, but I don't think that'll happen.

Oh, my apologies to Valhalla too. For some damned reason, I thought this was Mark's new alias. lol!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Slander me, defame me, boot me and shoot me
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2006, 09:30:46 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
you really are an asshole...making threats of a lawsuit....so full of yourself and your opinions that you see nothing else. Are you an attorney or did you just sleep at a Holiday Inn last night??

You really...really..need to get over yourself already. You might be surprised by how it feels to NOT be such a jerk.

Not that it is important in any way, shape, or form...but I wanted to clarify that I, the original anonymous asshole opposed to composing a centralized list of the dead, is a different asshole than he/she discussing lawsuits and such.  I'm jerky in a different way.  Not into lawsuits, just against a centralized list for several reasons.  I'll spare everyone the redundancy.  

I hate to be confused with any other asshole, I'm an original! :rofl:

Offline Valhalla

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2006, 10:15:47 AM »
Look, the person whose name was listed, but shouldn't have been, seems to me to be a decent person, who is very upset with this kind of damaging information.  I think they have the right to be, as it was not true and could possibly damage them professionally or socially.

And that is another reason for the list to come down.  I don't want this to happen again to another.  At this point, the list has done more damage than good and I don't want it to go any further.

So, I would ask again...for any guest to please go back into their post where they quoted the list and edit it out.  Thank you.

Valhalla

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2006, 10:54:19 AM »
Quote from: ""Valhalla""
And that is another reason for the list to come down.  I don't want this to happen again to another.  At this point, the list has done more damage than good and I don't want it to go any further.

Thanks V., I don't even know what else to say, but thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: As far as rumors or gossip or lies being told about peop
« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2006, 03:33:06 PM »
Get therapy, it might help.

uhm, yeah, we feel the love. :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2006, 03:55:47 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Fallen
« Reply #238 on: November 11, 2006, 07:41:34 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make the trip. Kinda have to work, sad as it is to say. Wish I were with you all.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2006, 01:23:38 AM »
Ron Filer died of suicide from khk.....he was a graduate of the program, and staff f course would not let us talk with him when he "relapsed" so therefore he was isolated and killed himself.
-DP