Author Topic: The Fallen  (Read 23069 times)

Offline Valhalla

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2006, 03:56:28 PM »
Done.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
thank you
« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2006, 05:48:12 PM »
Valhalla,

I would like to thak you for all your efforts in what you have done.
Even though there are those who may have a different opinion about even having a list, I think you have done a fantastic job.
On behalf of my friend Dallas Noe, I thank you.

Flygirl

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Fallen
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2006, 10:21:05 PM »
Hey yen'z guys. You may notice that one of the names has vanished from the list like last year's campaign promises. Turns out it belonged to someone who's quite alive and well and nowhere near as easy going about the whole thing as Samuel Clemens was ("rumors of my demise have been grossly exagerated...")

My apologies to you for taking awhile to take care of this. Valhalla has my contact info. Please feel free to call me up if you want to give me an earful.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline 12345

• View Profile
Here is what I think
« Reply #213 on: November 06, 2006, 09:03:58 AM »
Well, my question to you Cassandra is how would you or your family feel if your legal name was available all over the internet for the whole world to read rummors, some that hold no truth? I want to leave you with this thought:  Anonymity is derived from a Greek word meaning without a name or name-less. The term typically refers to a person, and often means that the personal identity, or personally identifiable information of that person is not known.  I think the people on your list, dead or still alive might not want to be on your list and I am rallying to have it remove in it's entirety.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2006, 09:46:45 AM »
THis Needle bounces like a MOTHERFUCKER! Step lightly!  :evil:  ::bangin::  ::bwahaha::  ::drummer::  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2006, 09:49:39 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
THis Needle bounces like a MOTHERFUCKER! Step lightly!  :evil:  ::bangin::  ::bwahaha::  ::drummer::  :rofl:

Yes, analog sound (vinyl, etc) has a certain warm, organic quality that digital sound sorely lacks! Now back to our discussion.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Here is what I think
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2006, 09:50:31 AM »
Quote from: ""12345""
Well, my question to you Cassandra is how would you or your family feel if your legal name was available all over the internet for the whole world to read rummors, some that hold no truth? I want to leave you with this thought:  Anonymity is derived from a Greek word meaning without a name or name-less. The term typically refers to a person, and often means that the personal identity, or personally identifiable information of that person is not known.  I think the people on your list, dead or still alive might not want to be on your list and I am rallying to have it remove in it's entirety.

I fucking well agree.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 06, 2006, 10:14:59 AM »

You make it sound like nobody should ever be able to be contacted, regardless if it was  Straight assoctiated. People that are adopted find biological families even when the family does not want to be found. The past hurts a lot of people. Does that mean for the people that are willing to deal with thier past have to stop because it may cause some feelings for other people? Family members have died, it happens. I think it is an honor to remember those people. The families of the deceased will allways have feelings about the deaths. I lived among some of these people that are now deceased. I was their sibling for months. I held them when their families could'nt. I was a sibling to some of these deceased people. I was family. Was I contacted when they died? Did I ever get to mourne thier deaths? Did I get closure at the funerals? the answer to all these are no. I am sorry that some of these people that I held in my heart as family are dead. The blood relative of these people maybe honored to be invited to the memorial. We would never know until we ask. As far as rumors or gossip or lies being told about people, who cares? thats something people at a young age learn how to deal with. That is petty stuff compared to death.

Offline Valhalla

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #218 on: November 06, 2006, 10:22:22 AM »
I have removed this list and I would ask those guests who quoted it in their posts to please also edit the list out of those posts.

Until it has been completely researched and validated, I don't think it should be posted here or anywhere.  Is there anyone willing to help out with that?

And I appologize to anyone who this may have hurt in anyway!
Valhalla

Offline 12345

• View Profile
MY GOD!
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2006, 10:30:26 AM »
If a family member chooses to honor their "fallen" family member by posting their name on the internet for the world to know they have killed themselves or whatever than fine!  My point is that If someone shows up on that list as dead who is alive that creates a doubt in my mind about the integity of that list.  If one mistake was made, how many more are to follow?  If special care is not taken to verify the facts than in my opinion it is not a memorial, but a bunch of gossip.  I too have lost someone to drug addiction and suicide, but I would not find having their name on this list as an honor.  You are entitled to your opinion, I to mine.

Offline 12345

• View Profile
As far as rumors or gossip or lies being told about people..
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2006, 10:49:22 AM »
Oh my gosh whoever wrote that response...about who cares about gossip or lies being told, I can't think of one person who wouldn't care about gossip or lies being told about them... except for you I guess. You should respect yourself more.  I also don't know what to say to you except I am sorry for your loss and pain over loosing someone you love.  We all have lost someone at some time or another and it hurts.  Get therapy, it might help.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2006, 12:16:42 PM »

Google Ginger Warbis. It really doesn't bother me. Even the stuff from my own family. I respect myself quite enough, thank you, that wild rumors don't really effect my confidence.

Look, it's reasonable to ask ppl to edit their words. It's unreasonable to demand it, though. Here's the thing. Some of the things that people say in these fora are outrageous, extremely damaging, and the people about whom we're talking about would like very much if I were to edit it all out for them. I can't tell, except in those few cases that I know about, what's true and what's not. So should I edit out everything about Virgil? Everything about the Elan School people? Everything about Mel Sembler and WWASPS, Whitmore and Sue Scheff? After all, there are some pretty unbelievable statements out there. Some of them just happen to be true.

How should I make the call? Really, how do I know that you're not some dumb fuck working for DFAF who just doesn't want the circumstances of this person's death known? I don't. I just trust Valhalla to have made a decent judgement about that. And they were his words to begin with.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Re: MY GOD!
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2006, 12:20:32 PM »
If a family member chooses to honor their "fallen" family member by posting their name on the internet for the world to know they have killed themselves or whatever than fine! My point is that If someone shows up on that list as dead who is alive that creates a doubt in my mind about the integity of that list.

Ok, so if you're smart enough to pick up on that, then what makes you think anyone else can't? Are you smarter than everybody?

Quit trying to control others. It's only frustrates you and annoys them.

Offline 12345

• View Profile
Defamation and Slander
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2006, 01:10:23 PM »
I Googled you and what I found wasn't very nice.

I don't want to fight with you but you may have a lawsuit on your hands for slander and defamation if you don't stop what you are doing.  I was a victim of your list and what you said about me was untrue and I consider it slander.  I am not dead as you told the world I was.  I did not die of suicide.  We can keep going or you can let me express my opinion on your forum just as you have everyone else.

In law, defamation is a right of action for communicating statements that may harm an individual's reputation or character. The common law origins of defamation lie in the torts of slander (harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech) and libel (harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast), each of which gives a common law right of action.

For the rest of you, I read through the passages of this forum.  Some of you have written really great stuff and I wish I knew you still.  For those of you who really care and are thoughtful, I am sure you will do really well making a difference in whatever you do.

Offline Fire Swamp

• View Profile
The Fallen
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2006, 01:26:05 PM »
Would the real dead guy please stand up?   ::bwahaha::