Author Topic: HLA Testimonials  (Read 18226 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2006, 08:17:53 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Guest""
"Probably because they were lied to like most other parents.

Here's the facts laid out for you as simply as I can put them.

This kid was at HLA for 20 months. He while there may have tried to kill himself.

Upon leaving hla he still had unresolved issues and so went to another program for an undetermined amount of time.

After that program he went home and enrolled in a community college where still having unresolved issues needed to be medicated, which apparently led to his death. "

Robert Devin Bruce:

You are making alot of assumptions here.  By saying that he 'may" have tried to kill himself while at HLA, you are only trying to stir things up.

I can just as easily say that while at HLA you may have tried to kill yourself.  You may have destroyed property.  You may have been arrested.  You may have broken the sex agreement with a variety of male and female students.  You may have snuck drugs onto campus and shared them with 13 year olds who had no prior history of drug use.  You MAY have done all of these things.

Yes, Patrick still had unresolved issues.  Doesn't everyone.

What proof do you have that Patricks death was of anything but natural causes?  I would really like to know.  How did his medication lead to his death?  The assumption that many are making is that he killed himself.  I hope to God for his family that that is not the case.

this is just the pathetic carlbrook mom troll.  still can't figure out how to do quotes, huh?  this person has nothing whatsoever to do with HLA.  move on, lady.

Just wanted to give you all a "heads-up" on this poster.  Believe it or not, this is actually KAREN, who has recently relocated to Nashville, TN (WIllieNelson on ST board, too, Karen??).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 12:24:16 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2006, 11:37:06 AM »
No kidding? So Karen you're pretending to be a published author now? Well at least your delusions have gotten a touch more classy.

So justify yourself to us then Karen. Explain why you really care about this situation other than your own morbid and sick desire to see kids suffer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2006, 12:10:17 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
No kidding? So Karen you're pretending to be a published author now? Well at least your delusions have gotten a touch more classy.

So justify yourself to us then Karen. Explain why you really care about this situation other than your own morbid and sick desire to see kids suffer.

Ask her kid.
The Beer Chronicles: 20 Signs of a Drinking Problem
Kiley Austin-Young
October 2, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you genuinely believe the weekend starts on Wednesday and proclaim such absurdities as ?Wednesday is the new Thursday.?
If every night of drinking requires at least half the next day to reassemble the tiny pieces of the relationships you shattered while drunk.
If you find yourself consistently using the phrase, ?I?m really sorry for what I did. I don?t remember seeing you last night.?
If your main goal in attending a football game is to get drunk and start a fight with someone supporting the other team. And by other, you mean either. It really doesn?t matter.
If you subscribe to the maxim ?drunk words are sober thoughts? in order to be able to publicly insult people and take pride in your ?candor? while slurring Malcolm X quotes: ?I've had enough of someone else's propaganda. I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against.?  God, if only everyone was as morally upstanding as me, you think.
If you are known not by name but by actions you perpetrated while drunk.  For instance, ?the guy who started that huge fight? or ?the guy who was ass naked in Harvard Square? or simply ?the guy who peed in ?.
If you invite a girl back to your place for a bottle of wine mainly for the wine.
If you insist that you?re not really drinking. This is only wine. A wine drunk is ?different.?
If you gave a homeless man twenty bucks with the stipulation that he would spend it on booze and not ?Mickey D?s or some shit.?
If you pregame at Hillel.
If you recently had a drunken heart to heart with the security guard because everyone else had gone to bed by 7:30am.
If you decline plans with friends because you just have ?soooo much drinking to do.?
If you find breaking an empty forty on the cement the best stress reliever ever.  
If you think any man who won?t freeball under his costume for the toga party is a total pussy.
If your rib still hurts from that drunken fight last weekend. But it?s totally cool because ?it doesn?t even hurt to breathe anymore.?
If you agree that if you had a chance to eat dinner with Bill Clinton, Tucker Max or Frank Kelly Rich, you would totally choose one of the latter.
If you can?t walk in any direction without running into a girl you slept with while drunk.
If it takes you more than fifteen seconds to realize where you are in the morning.
If you recently experimented with absurd alcoholic combinations, such as Sake and Jack Daniels or Merlot and Captain Morgan?s. It may be nasty, but you insist: ?It all ends up in the same place anyways. Don?t be an alcohol snob. Tool.?
If you really just can?t fucking stand being sober.

Kiley Austin-Young is a freshman in the College. You can write to him at kileya@sas.

I see that his "treatment" worked out well... :roll:
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2006, 12:24:38 PM »
You know in reading through some of Karen's other nonsense and other usernames her apparent plot comes to light.

Karen claims to be in contact with Patrick's family. She also claims that have no idea of this sites existence, (unlikely since Jojo's letter went out around the time when Patrick was enrolled at hla) apparently she was hoping we would reveal information to her about Patricks placement in a second RTC or openly blame hla for his death. She did in the hopes she could use such statements in her campaign and "sad little mission" against fornits.

You see Karen has been burned and humiliated time and time again by the posters of fornits, she's an idiot and has been exposed as such on several occasions. She dwells on revenge against us night and day. I hear in between conversing with her gay husband in California, and her booze and coke binges, she reads "The Count of Monte Cristo" for inspiration.

Well Karen it looks like its back to the drawing board for you. Or at the very least to pretend you were never here.

Either one is acceptable.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »
Wasnt she babbeling something about how her son doesnt drink?

Not that I dont find that posting hilarious. It's funny because it's true.

Offline pg79veteran

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2006, 11:50:21 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
Wasnt she babbeling something about how her son doesnt drink?

Not that I dont find that posting hilarious. It's funny because it's true.

Robert, you've got to chill man.  I have read hundreds of your posts, and I almost always agree with you, but I think you will get a lot more consideration from people if you do not phrase things so offensively.  I am not personally offended, but I know from my personal experience (even though I am probably younger than you) that belligerence will only lead to more belligerence in return.  Additionally, I hope you do not take this post as an attack on you, because it is not.  I am just telling you something that I think would benefit you.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2006, 03:52:40 PM »
If you've really read hundreds of my post then you know I treat people in the manner in which they ask to be treated. Anyone can disagree, it's the manner in which you choose to do so that results in people being ridiculed and laughed at by me.

Head over to the brat camp thread. I'm sure youll find some Karens choicer comments and see what I mean.

Offline pg79veteran

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2006, 03:44:29 PM »
You know, I never really thought of it that way.  I guess most of the people you talk shit to deserve it, come to think of it.  Anyway, carry on, I won't stand in your way any longer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2006, 10:59:40 AM »
hypocrites

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2006, 04:30:21 PM »
Who's that?

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
Re: HLA Testimonials
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2011, 08:12:49 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Is this HLA's idea of damage control?

http://www.hiddenlakeacademy.com/Testimonials.aspx

Parents

?HLA, although you would never wish it on your family, definitely turned into a growing experience for all of us. We talk more as a family about feelings than we ever did before.?

Kris K, TX

?After graduating from HLA my son continued his education and graduated cum laude and received his Phi Beta Kappa recognition. He is a strapping 150 pounds now ? afar cry from the 200 + prior to Hidden Lake. He had abandoned using all anti-depressants while at HLA and continues to remain off of them.

Randy S, MA

I can honestly say that I shall miss HLA more than my child. At the conclusion of my initial tour of the school, I told the admissions person to please just give me my daughter back. He said that the school would do everything possible to make that happen. And you did?  I will always marvel and respect HLA?s ability to take threads of despair, anger, distrust and hurt in families and weave them back together in the form of hope, faith, renewed trust and harmony?

Cindee G, GA

?We just returned from our son?s new school. Every report we received from his teachers and advisor was the most positive and very hopeful for future success. We came away feeling grateful to HLA and confident about his future. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kindness and understanding.?

Jean and Dan P, IL

?How does a parent thank the staff and school that totally turned around their child? Sending him away to HLA 24 months ago was the hardest decision my husband and I ever made! Why was our son so angry? Why was he doing so poorly at school and at home? Was HLA the right place to address his needs? All of HLA have done a better job than we could have ever dreamed of. He is now a mature, thoughtful, caring young man and a pleasure to be around. Our son was accepted at his first choice college and has a career in mind. Most 18 year olds look on college as one big party. Not my son. His goal setting is remarkable. Thank all the staff from the bottom of my heart! Your guidance and wonderful program has made an enormous impact on my son?s life!?

Jonie P, GA

?Our grandson is such a different young man than the one we left in your care in the beginning. My husband and I did not know if we were doing the right thing for him or not. As he said in his graduation speech, he thought we had given up on him and were abandoning him. We felt the same way. What a change! HLA gave him the confidence to participate in sports, to know that he could excel academically and to make friends and be accepted. Our tears at graduation were far different from the ones we shed when we first left him.  Thank you for returning our boy to us!

Ann S,FLA

Service Projects

?Jerusalem House residents would like to thank your student group for all the hard work performed. Our staff was astonished by all the work your students performed in such a short time. I hope that the Service learning portion of your visit was enlightening to the students. Make no mistake, your students fulfill a mission every time they volunteer. We cannot thank you enough.?

?On behalf of the hundreds of men and women and children we serve, I want to thank the Hidden Lake Academy volunteers for giving their time and talents to the Mission. Atlanta Union Mission is a ministry based on people- those that give and those that receive. Your student volunteers have taught us about care and compassion and it is our hope that their experience was meaningful and rewarding. I hope your future volunteer plans will continue to include the Atlanta Union Mission

Don't these look familiar? You might remember them from 2006.... I guess it's okay just to switch out the name of the "school" from Hidden Lake Academy to Ridge Creek School even though none of these kids attended RCS.

http://www.ridgecreekschool.com/testimonials.htm

Parent Testimonials
A Parent speaks:

“My son, has been at Ridge Creek Boarding School for 18 months. We tried many different things before sending him there. He was diagnosed ADHD when he was 6 yrs.old. He was always a handful for his teachers even though he is very smart. He was always a handful for his parents, too. We did fine in middle school but in high school it all fell apart. He got in with the wrong crowd. He started doing drugs and thinking it was making him popular began selling them, too. We took him to a rehab and left him there for observation and they said he needed to be there but our insurance co. said it wasn’t “bad enough yet” and wouldn’t pay. So he came home and within a couple of months he had been picked up by police twice and taken to the detention center. Each time I said to them, “Please help me” because I didn’t know what to do. I never tried to get him off because I knew he needed help. They sent him to a mental health facility for 2 weeks trying to get his meds right. The day after he got home he was in a very bad wreck. By this time since he had already been in trouble with the law they would admit him to the rehab facility. Because of a comment he made there he was locked up at the D-home for 5 weeks and was sent to a state run boot-camp for 92 days. I had hopes this would help. When he came back he was placed on probation for 5 1/2 months. Soon as he got off he was back in trouble. I knew we had to do something drastic. Going to a therapeutic boarding school was a difficult decision for me. For one it is very expensive, and I knew he would be gone for a long time. But one of his friends had already died from a drug overdose. Several more had been sent to rehab and many more were on probation. Thankfully we had family that offered to help pay or we could not have done this. Well, in 5 weeks our son will be graduating from high school and will be starting college in Jan.!! It has not been easy and there have been times when I didn’t know if we would make it. Knowing what I know now, would I send him to RCS again?? You bet I would!!! My only regret is he should have been there 2 years before he got there. RCS has done what I could not do for my child. They have hopefully given my son the tools to make better choices in life. Now it’s up to him.

RCS, although you would never wish it on your family, definitely turned into a growing experience for all of us. We talk more as a family about feelings than we ever did before.”

Kris K, TX

“There are no words to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all that you have done for my son. To say that the school's efforts on his behalf have been extraordinary is some what of an understatement. The opportunities that he has been given has helped develop in ways that I could not have imagined. All of the counselors and all the staff have helped to give my son and me a remarkable foundation on which we will continue to grow.

This has been a journey not just for my son, but for me as well. I looked forward to the parent workshops and I always found the staff support and activites we participated in to be very beneficial. I will miss going down to the lake in the morning before workshops to pray and meditate. It always made me feel so peaceful and comforted to be there.
Thank you for all that you have done.”

M.S., TX

“After graduating from RCS my son continued his education and graduated cum laude and received his Phi Beta Kappa recognition. He is a strapping 150 pounds now – afar cry from the 200 + prior to Ridge Creek. He had abandoned using all anti-depressants while at RCS and continues to remain off of them.”

Randy S, MA

“I can honestly say that I shall miss RCS more than my child. At the conclusion of my initial tour of the school, I told the admissions person to please just give me my daughter back. He said that the school would do everything possible to make that happen. And you did” I will always marvel and respect RCS’s ability to take threads of despair, anger, distrust and hurt in families and weave them back together in the form of hope, faith, renewed trust and harmony”

Cindee G, GA

“We just returned from our son’s new school. Every report we received from his teachers and advisor was the most positive and very hopeful for future success. We came away feeling grateful to RCS and confident about his future. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kindness and understanding.”

Jean and Dan P, IL

“How does a parent thank the staff and school that totally turned around their child? Sending him away to RCS 24 months ago was the hardest decision my husband and I ever made! Why was our son so angry? Why was he doing so poorly at school and at home? Was RCS the right place to address his needs? All of RCS have done a better job than we could have ever dreamed of. He is now a mature, thoughtful, caring young man and a pleasure to be around. Our son was accepted at his first choice college and has a career in mind. Most 18 year olds look on college as one big party. Not my son. His goal setting is remarkable. Thank all the staff from the bottom of my heart! Your guidance and wonderful program has made an enormous impact on my son’s life!”

Jonie P, GA

“Our grandson is such a different young man than the one we left in your care in the beginning. My husband and I did not know if we were doing the right thing for him or not. As he said in his graduation speech, he thought we had given up on him and were abandoning him. We felt the same way. What a change! RCS gave him the confidence to participate in sports, to know that he could excel academically and to make friends and be accepted. Our tears at graduation were far different from the ones we shed when we first left him. Thank you for returning our boy to us!”

Ann S,FLA

Service Projects

“Jerusalem House residents would like to thank your student group for all the hard work performed. Our staff was astonished by all the work your students performed in such a short time. I hope that the Service learning portion of your visit was enlightening to the students. Make no mistake, your students fulfill a mission every time they volunteer. We cannot thank you enough.”

“On behalf of the hundreds of men and women and children we serve, I want to thank the Ridge Creek Boarding School volunteers for giving their time and talents to the Mission. Atlanta Union Mission is a ministry based on people- those that give and those that receive. Your student volunteers have taught us about care and compassion and it is our hope that their experience was meaningful and rewarding. I hope your future volunteer plans will continue to include the Atlanta Union Mission”

[attachment=0:1vvazm39]Parent Testimonials - Teen Success - Ridge Creek School.pdf[/attachment:1vvazm39]

Offline DEE

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2011, 09:34:48 PM »
Don't cha just love these obviously genuine testimonials? Reliable folks like Ann S. from FL, and Randy S. from MA, and old M.S. from TX. All members of the S family, I guess. I mean, anyone could verify the veracity of these endorsements. Just get out the phone book and look up Ann S. in Florida.

What a crock of shit.

Offline program

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2011, 12:13:50 AM »
DEE you put allot of hard work into writing those HLA testimonials and are misleading parents.   :eek:

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2011, 12:53:29 AM »
Due to our cooperation with the Swedish NGO, I can promise that any story put together by former "students" will be published on the Tales-from-the-black-school blog.

However due to a massive amount of stories and a strategy to only publish 3-4 stories per months (to make room for the traffic increasing mentioning of books and movies about this subject) they have created a backlog of unpublished stories for more than a year. Next available slot is early september 2012.

I got a mail with their page counts:

Oct 10: 34  Nov 10:44  Dec 10:75  Jan 11:111  Feb 11:78  Mar 11:134  Apr 11:69  May 11:175   June 11:426

The Google bomb is about to explode.

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2011, 12:46:06 PM »
Quote from: "program"
DEE you put allot of hard work into writing those HLA testimonials and are misleading parents.   :eek:

Ha,Ha,Ha.  You noticed that too?  DEE is quite the fabricator.