Author Topic: HLA Testimonials  (Read 18292 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2006, 09:51:07 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
It seems we see each other in identical light.  I am also mildly amused by you.  Of course I don't take much of what you say on this site very seriously.  You are the one known to be a little out there with your comments.  If you were to link my postings I am sure you would be surprised at most of the things I have posted.  I typically agree with most of the things said against HLA, or more accurately Dr. Buccellato.  I just think that in this matter your were off base and going too far.  A boy is dead and you are using it to pick a fight.  I knew Patrick Kennedy, you did not.  I personally interacted with him, you did not.  When he first got to HLA he was a mess.  Angry at the world and confused beyond belief.  Somewhere along the line he turned into a fine young man.  Go back to the original post and see the characteristics the writer used to describe him.  That is a far cry from the young man who came to HLA.

As far as the parents asking for donations to be made to the Chapel fund...I personally think it is a waste of money.  Everyone knows the chapel fund has historically been a joke.  That being said, I have never known HLA to request for donations be made after the death of someone, though several have made such requests.  The fact of the matter is, however, it is THEIR decision.  They are a family in grief and we should all respect their decision.  It should not be up for debate.  Not now anyway.  There are plenty of things to pick on HLA about without lowering yourself to this.

Okay, I'll speak as a STUDENT who knew him. He was still a mess when he left there. The only thing you greedy fucks did was to help him learn to manipulate and hide it better. He broke the sex agreement with so many boys, sexually harrassed male students, continued to cut himself - only he learned to hide it in places you fucking morons couldn't see... I'm not going into more details out of respect for his family, but continue to let yourselves believe you helped him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2006, 10:20:54 AM »
I think this only reenforces what most of us have been saying from the beginning. Patrick came to hla needing help. He apparently didnt get it there, and now he's dead. Who knows what would have happened if he'd gotten the help he needed then.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2006, 11:06:26 AM »
It seems we see each other in identical light.  I am also mildly amused by you.  Of course I don't take much of what you say on this site very seriously.  You are the one known to be a little out there with your comments.  If you were to link my postings I am sure you would be surprised at most of the things I have posted.  I typically agree with most of the things said against HLA, or more accurately Dr. Buccellato.  I just think that in this matter your were off base and going too far.  A boy is dead and you are using it to pick a fight.  I knew Patrick Kennedy, you did not.  I personally interacted with him, you did not.  When he first got to HLA he was a mess.  Angry at the world and confused beyond belief.  Somewhere along the line he turned into a fine young man.  Go back to the original post and see the characteristics the writer used to describe him.  That is a far cry from the young man who came to HLA.

As far as the parents asking for donations to be made to the Chapel fund...I personally think it is a waste of money.  Everyone knows the chapel fund has historically been a joke.  That being said, I have never known HLA to request for donations be made after the death of someone, though several have made such requests.  The fact of the matter is, however, it is THEIR decision.  They are a family in grief and we should all respect their decision.  It should not be up for debate.  Not now anyway.  There are plenty of things to pick on HLA about without lowering yourself to this.

Okay, I'll speak as a STUDENT who knew him. He was still a mess when he left there. The only thing you greedy fucks did was to help him learn to manipulate and hide it better. He broke the sex agreement with so many boys, sexually harrassed male students, continued to cut himself - only he learned to hide it in places you fucking morons couldn't see... I'm not going into more details out of respect for his family, but continue to let yourselves believe you helped him.

BTW -- this was brought to Staff's attention. No one believed it because he was in Phoenix and Stars. Here's the sad part - I was threatened with Restrictions for telling the truth so I stopped saying anything.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2006, 11:09:35 AM »
What is Phoenix and Stars?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2006, 12:02:29 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
What is Phoenix and Stars?

Phoenix Society is pretty much a group of select kids that are recongized as the leaders on campus. They do a lot of community service within Phoenix (as required to remian within the group). They get 5 extra minutes on their phone calls every week as well. They are involved with positions such as: helping newer students move into their dorm, assisting with parental tours when parents come to view the campus from afar, etc.

STARS is something like Students excelling Theraputically, Academically, and Recreationally Society. As the name implies, these students are the ones that are doing the best theraputically, academically and recreationally (recreation meaning interactions with other peers).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »
They get 5 extra minutes on their phone calls every week as well.

Anyone else find this seriously, sickeningly offensive?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2006, 01:11:48 PM »
I was long ago desensatized to such travesties.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2006, 02:25:06 PM »
Pat wasn't in STARS, Phoenix, but not STARS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2006, 05:50:12 PM »
as sad as it is...Patrick felt safest at HLA...he came to the school in really bad shape and went up and down the whole time he was there...he was scared to death to leave because he wouldn't have the "protection" from himself mostly, that he got, even just a little, at HLA...
it is very sad but not to shocking that he didn't make it very far after he left...although i did not know, he never stated, that he was going anywhere other than comm college (he was 18)...he was always so sad, but i think that truly his family was given a couple of extra years with Patrick while he was at HLA...otherwise, i feel certain that Patrick would have died for whatever reasons way before he did, which was to soon...parents should never have to burry their children...
Patrick always had a hug or an ear for anyone and he will be missed desperatly...but he is at peace now...from himself and from a very cruel world...
i am hoping that it was not suicide...maybe his body just gave out after all those years of abusing it...sorta like karen carpenters did...only for many other reasons...
i just hope that his family is well and that life for them can continue with the thoughts that they had more time with such a talented person as patrick then they may have...
i know you will probably blast this or attack this post but i won't pay it any mind...i just wanted to say something nice about patrick since this subject seems to gotten as normal an attack fest on everyone else...
i am staff, i was not a counselor for Patrick, just someone who will miss him...and no, i will not answer any other questions so don't ask, again...this was just to express my sadness about Patrick and let those of you who didn't know him what an awesome but terribly sad person he always was...he will be missed...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2006, 05:51:48 PM »
that was supposed to be 18 but it got hit with a smily...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2006, 05:54:16 PM »
Quote from: ""FLCLcowdude""
Pat wasn't in STARS, Phoenix, but not STARS.

My mistake - he wasn't in STARS, just Phoenix.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »
as sad as it is...Patrick felt safest at HLA...he came to the school in really bad shape and went up and down the whole time he was there...he was scared to death to leave because he wouldn't have the "protection" from himself mostly, that he got, even just a little, at HLA...
it is very sad but not to shocking that he didn't make it very far after he left...although i did not know, he never stated, that he was going anywhere other than comm college (he was 18)...he was always so sad, but i think that truly his family was given a couple of extra years with Patrick while he was at HLA...otherwise, i feel certain that Patrick would have died for whatever reasons way before he did, which was to soon...parents should never have to burry their children...
Patrick always had a hug or an ear for anyone and he will be missed desperatly...but he is at peace now...from himself and from a very cruel world...
i am hoping that it was not suicide...maybe his body just gave out after all those years of abusing it...sorta like karen carpenters did...only for many other reasons...
i just hope that his family is well and that life for them can continue with the thoughts that they had more time with such a talented person as patrick then they may have...
i know you will probably blast this or attack this post but i won't pay it any mind...i just wanted to say something nice about patrick since this subject seems to gotten as normal an attack fest on everyone else...
i am staff, i was not a counselor for Patrick, just someone who will miss him...and no, i will not answer any other questions so don't ask, again...this was just to express my sadness about Patrick and let those of you who didn't know him what an awesome but terribly sad person he always was...he will be missed...

If you had stated this at the beginning there would have been no need for any sort of conversation. You like all hla staffers crave negative attention and drama. You try and use your old bait and punish tactics on here and are frustrated to find they no longer work. You just like hla brought this upon yourself.

It is a tragedy that this boy died, however it occured. I stand by my earlier comment. If he had gotten the help he needed while at hla maybe things would have turned out differently.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2006, 08:11:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
They get 5 extra minutes on their phone calls every week as well.

Anyone else find this seriously, sickeningly offensive?

Oh yea, forgot to add.

Stars gets an extra 5 minutes as well in addition to an extra phone call per week.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »
and just like a script...robert bruce chimes in...a shame that you chose to try to degradate (sp?) something kind...
oh well...should have figured...
otta here

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2006, 08:47:55 PM »
Just like a script huh? This of course coming from the same person who belongs to a group that's been using the same buzz words and catch phrases for the past twelve years. Over and over and over again.

Oh well. Have a goodun.