Author Topic: HLA Testimonials  (Read 18227 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 01:27:38 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Deborah""
KENNEDY,, PATRICK WAYNE Passed away peacefully at his home on October 16, 2006. Patrick was born July 8, 1987 in Tulsa, Oklahoma and brought much joy and happiness to all who were blessed to know him. He is survived by his parents Michael and Kristi Kennedy and sisters Alex and Erin all of Dallas, Texas. Maternal grandparents are Bob and Marg McElroy of Comanche, Texas. He is also survived by his aunt, Mitzi Patin, precious cousins Jake and Luke, his nanny of 19 years Ester Rich, all of Dallas, Texas, and many other aunts, uncles and cousins from Dublin, Texas. He was predeceased by his paternal grandparents, Joe and Pat Kennedy of Dublin, Texas. Patrick loved life and always had a huge smile for those around him. He truly loved his family and friends to the fullest and was loved by the many people he touched in return. He was so kind to all and his compassion for those he met each day was unsurpassed. Patrick had a zest for life and a passion for music. When he sang, his voice produced such a celebration of life and today we rejoice that he is singing with the angels at the throne of God. Patrick was active in the Boy Scouts and a member of the Order of the Arrow. He was involved in choir and received several awards during high school. Patrick graduated from Hidden Lake Academy in Georgia and was attending Collin County Community College. He was a member of The Heights Baptist Church. Services will be held Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 1:00 pm at The Heights Baptist Church, Richardson, Texas. Graveside services and burial will be at the Gardens of Memories in Comanche, Texas at 1:00 pm on Friday, October 20, 2006.

Donations may be made to Chapel Fund - Patrick Kennedy, Hidden Lake Academy, 830 Hidden Lake Road, Dahlonega, Georgia 30533. Dignity Memorial Sparkman Hillcrest 7405 W. Northwest Hwy. Dallas (214) 363-5401

::noway::

I opt to send a donation in Patrick's memory to Collin County Community College.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 02:08:13 PM »
How do you know it was suicide and that HLA didn't help?
:silly:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 02:17:28 PM »

Who said it was a suicide?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 02:19:14 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""

Who said it was a suicide?

Good point - no one said it was suicide.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 02:45:28 PM »
Cow- what happened to Pat?  What was the cause of death?  Did you know Max kutch at HLA?  Or Chad Wallace?

I didn't know either one. I don't know what happened to Pat. All I know is it is really sad... :cry2:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 05:18:40 PM »

1.  Nobody said it was a suicide.
2.  He finished the program (give or take 20 months) and was sent to another facility.

WTF is that?  In my book it's a complete and utter failure by HLA to address this poor kid's mental hygiene issues.  If you can't help someone learn to help themselves in 20 months, you should be in a different line of work, period.

Now this kid is dead and your bullshit excuses won't bring him back.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 05:45:15 PM »
It seems as if everyone is jumping the gun here. There has been no information on the cause of this young man's death. Yet, many are quick to blame HLA. A life cut short is indeed a very tragic thing, but to place blame with out knowing the circumstances. Wouldn't time be better spent offering condolences and prayers to his family and friends, instead of pointing fingers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 05:50:10 PM »
How do you know he was sent to another facility?  It looks like he was going to community college in the Dallas area.
:silly:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 06:50:38 PM »
Either way he may have well been better off having never gone to that God awful child abusing place.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 07:08:47 PM »
It seems as if everyone is jumping the gun here. There has been no information on the cause of this young man's death. Yet, many are quick to blame HLA. A life cut short is indeed a very tragic thing, but to place blame with out knowing the circumstances. Wouldn't time be better spent offering condolences and prayers to his family and friends, instead of pointing fingers.

Read the previous post.  Nobody's blaming HLA for his death, just for keeping him for 20 months then sending him to another facility because they wanted the money.  They didn't help this kid.  They took the 100k and kept him full-term, never once telling the parents they weren't able to help him, just taking the cash.  And in the end, the kid ends up institutionalized from the age of 16 and still not being helped.  That is sick.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 07:38:23 PM »
The facts remain the same. the school didnt give a shit about this kid when he was alive, otherwise they would have helped him. They really dont give a shit about him in death either, other to perhaps try and earn a few bucks off of it.

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 09:17:06 PM »
Quote from: ""FLCLcowdude""
Cow- what happened to Pat?  What was the cause of death?  Did you know Max kutch at HLA?  Or Chad Wallace?

I didn't know either one. I don't know what happened to Pat. All I know is it is really sad... :cry2:

What happened to Chad Wallace??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 09:36:40 PM »
How do you know he was sent to another facility?  It looks like he was going to community college in the Dallas area.

Kids keep in touch with each other - that's how.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 11:05:55 PM »

Read the previous post.  Nobody's blaming HLA for his death, just for keeping him for 20 months then sending him to another facility because they wanted the money.  They didn't help this kid.  They took the 100k and kept him full-term, never once telling the parents they weren't able to help him, just taking the cash.  And in the end, the kid ends up institutionalized from the age of 16 and still not being helped.  That is sick.

I worked at HLA while Patrick was there.  I deeply cared about him as did many other staff and students.  I am incredibly sad to hear this news.  I had many conversations with Patrick in good times and in bad.  Many of the things said about HLA on this site are true, but I can honestly tell you that many people at HLA cared for Patrick and put forth every effort to help him.  I am one of them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2006, 01:27:50 AM »
I am sure you did....However, apparently, the school was not the appropriate place for Patrick..