Author Topic: HLA Testimonials  (Read 18232 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« on: September 26, 2006, 10:43:02 AM »
Is this HLA's idea of damage control?

http://www.hiddenlakeacademy.com/Testimonials.aspx

Parents

?HLA, although you would never wish it on your family, definitely turned into a growing experience for all of us. We talk more as a family about feelings than we ever did before.?

Kris K, TX

?After graduating from HLA my son continued his education and graduated cum laude and received his Phi Beta Kappa recognition. He is a strapping 150 pounds now ? afar cry from the 200 + prior to Hidden Lake. He had abandoned using all anti-depressants while at HLA and continues to remain off of them.

Randy S, MA

I can honestly say that I shall miss HLA more than my child. At the conclusion of my initial tour of the school, I told the admissions person to please just give me my daughter back. He said that the school would do everything possible to make that happen. And you did?  I will always marvel and respect HLA?s ability to take threads of despair, anger, distrust and hurt in families and weave them back together in the form of hope, faith, renewed trust and harmony?

Cindee G, GA

?We just returned from our son?s new school. Every report we received from his teachers and advisor was the most positive and very hopeful for future success. We came away feeling grateful to HLA and confident about his future. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kindness and understanding.?

Jean and Dan P, IL

?How does a parent thank the staff and school that totally turned around their child? Sending him away to HLA 24 months ago was the hardest decision my husband and I ever made! Why was our son so angry? Why was he doing so poorly at school and at home? Was HLA the right place to address his needs? All of HLA have done a better job than we could have ever dreamed of. He is now a mature, thoughtful, caring young man and a pleasure to be around. Our son was accepted at his first choice college and has a career in mind. Most 18 year olds look on college as one big party. Not my son. His goal setting is remarkable. Thank all the staff from the bottom of my heart! Your guidance and wonderful program has made an enormous impact on my son?s life!?

Jonie P, GA

?Our grandson is such a different young man than the one we left in your care in the beginning. My husband and I did not know if we were doing the right thing for him or not. As he said in his graduation speech, he thought we had given up on him and were abandoning him. We felt the same way. What a change! HLA gave him the confidence to participate in sports, to know that he could excel academically and to make friends and be accepted. Our tears at graduation were far different from the ones we shed when we first left him.  Thank you for returning our boy to us!

Ann S,FLA

Service Projects

?Jerusalem House residents would like to thank your student group for all the hard work performed. Our staff was astonished by all the work your students performed in such a short time. I hope that the Service learning portion of your visit was enlightening to the students. Make no mistake, your students fulfill a mission every time they volunteer. We cannot thank you enough.?

?On behalf of the hundreds of men and women and children we serve, I want to thank the Hidden Lake Academy volunteers for giving their time and talents to the Mission. Atlanta Union Mission is a ministry based on people- those that give and those that receive. Your student volunteers have taught us about care and compassion and it is our hope that their experience was meaningful and rewarding. I hope your future volunteer plans will continue to include the Atlanta Union Mission
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 10:53:43 AM »
I can honestly say that I shall miss HLA more than my child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 10:54:56 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
I can honestly say that I shall miss HLA more than my child.

I guess that says it all.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:01:37 AM »
This is why you cannot get into a pissing contest with HLA over whether or not they actually help kids.  For every person that gets on here to tell their horror story, you will have a parent or former student talk about how much they were helped.

You are better off sticking to the arguments listed in the lawsuit.  Things like HLA not providing what they promise to provide.  And, HLA not being governed by any legitimate regulatory agency.  Those are the points that cannot be denied and are provable.

Admit it or not, many kids have been helped by HLA.  Len Buccellato just does not know how to run a school the right way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:14:59 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
This is why you cannot get into a pissing contest with HLA over whether or not they actually help kids.  For every person that gets on here to tell their horror story, you will have a parent or former student talk about how much they were helped.

You are better off sticking to the arguments listed in the lawsuit.  Things like HLA not providing what they promise to provide.  And, HLA not being governed by any legitimate regulatory agency.  Those are the points that cannot be denied and are provable.

Admit it or not, many kids have been helped by HLA.  Len Buccellato just does not know how to run a school the right way.

All very valid points, and yes, there are kids who've been helped by HLA. I'd have to guess it's Bucci who directed someone to put those on the web site trying to pretend all is still well at HLA and that no wrong could have occured at HLA. That's the part that infuriates me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 11:29:38 AM »
I agree with you.  The timing of this is extremely suspect.  Typical.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 11:59:53 AM »
were these always on their website?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 12:15:22 PM »

All very valid points, and yes, there are kids who've been helped by HLA. I'd have to guess it's Bucci who directed someone to put those on the web site trying to pretend all is still well at HLA and that no wrong could have occured at HLA. That's the part that infuriates me.

Well, this "testimonials" section of the website was BLANK last week.  COMPLETELY BLANK.  Not a single parent or child posted saying HLA helped them.  For over a year that board sat utterly blank.

So...Take it for what it's worth: NOTHING.  It's damage control, plain and simple.  I have sincere doubts that these are even real "testimonials."  Looks pretty phony, folks.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: HLA Testimonials
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 02:11:26 PM »
?HLA, although you would never wish it on your family, definitely turned into a growing experience for all of us. We talk more as a family about feelings than we ever did before.?

Kris K, TX

Could Kris K. be the mother of Patrick K? Didn't he try to commit suicide by hanging himself? Am I thinking of the right kid?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: HLA Testimonials
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 05:56:28 PM »
. He is a strapping 150 pounds now ? afar cry from the 200 + prior to Hidden Lake.

Maybe that's because the food isn't edible, and the punishment is continuous excersizing and child labor.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 11:41:30 AM »
KENNEDY,, PATRICK WAYNE Passed away peacefully at his home on October 16, 2006. Patrick was born July 8, 1987 in Tulsa, Oklahoma and brought much joy and happiness to all who were blessed to know him. He is survived by his parents Michael and Kristi Kennedy and sisters Alex and Erin all of Dallas, Texas. Maternal grandparents are Bob and Marg McElroy of Comanche, Texas. He is also survived by his aunt, Mitzi Patin, precious cousins Jake and Luke, his nanny of 19 years Ester Rich, all of Dallas, Texas, and many other aunts, uncles and cousins from Dublin, Texas. He was predeceased by his paternal grandparents, Joe and Pat Kennedy of Dublin, Texas. Patrick loved life and always had a huge smile for those around him. He truly loved his family and friends to the fullest and was loved by the many people he touched in return. He was so kind to all and his compassion for those he met each day was unsurpassed. Patrick had a zest for life and a passion for music. When he sang, his voice produced such a celebration of life and today we rejoice that he is singing with the angels at the throne of God. Patrick was active in the Boy Scouts and a member of the Order of the Arrow. He was involved in choir and received several awards during high school. Patrick graduated from Hidden Lake Academy in Georgia and was attending Collin County Community College. He was a member of The Heights Baptist Church. Services will be held Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 1:00 pm at The Heights Baptist Church, Richardson, Texas. Graveside services and burial will be at the Gardens of Memories in Comanche, Texas at 1:00 pm on Friday, October 20, 2006. Donations may be made to Chapel Fund - Patrick Kennedy, Hidden Lake Academy, 830 Hidden Lake Road, Dahlonega, Georgia 30533. Dignity Memorial Sparkman Hillcrest 7405 W. Northwest Hwy. Dallas (214) 363-5401
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 01:09:47 PM »
OH MY GOD!! Please everyone pray for Pat, he was a great friend and peer. He will be missed!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 01:14:40 PM »
Cow- what happened to Pat?  What was the cause of death?  Did you know Max kutch at HLA?  Or Chad Wallace?
:silly:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 01:16:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
KENNEDY,, PATRICK WAYNE Passed away peacefully at his home on October 16, 2006. Patrick was born July 8, 1987 in Tulsa, Oklahoma and brought much joy and happiness to all who were blessed to know him. He is survived by his parents Michael and Kristi Kennedy and sisters Alex and Erin all of Dallas, Texas. Maternal grandparents are Bob and Marg McElroy of Comanche, Texas. He is also survived by his aunt, Mitzi Patin, precious cousins Jake and Luke, his nanny of 19 years Ester Rich, all of Dallas, Texas, and many other aunts, uncles and cousins from Dublin, Texas. He was predeceased by his paternal grandparents, Joe and Pat Kennedy of Dublin, Texas. Patrick loved life and always had a huge smile for those around him. He truly loved his family and friends to the fullest and was loved by the many people he touched in return. He was so kind to all and his compassion for those he met each day was unsurpassed. Patrick had a zest for life and a passion for music. When he sang, his voice produced such a celebration of life and today we rejoice that he is singing with the angels at the throne of God. Patrick was active in the Boy Scouts and a member of the Order of the Arrow. He was involved in choir and received several awards during high school. Patrick graduated from Hidden Lake Academy in Georgia and was attending Collin County Community College. He was a member of The Heights Baptist Church. Services will be held Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 1:00 pm at The Heights Baptist Church, Richardson, Texas. Graveside services and burial will be at the Gardens of Memories in Comanche, Texas at 1:00 pm on Friday, October 20, 2006.

Donations may be made to Chapel Fund - Patrick Kennedy, Hidden Lake Academy, 830 Hidden Lake Road, Dahlonega, Georgia 30533. Dignity Memorial Sparkman Hillcrest 7405 W. Northwest Hwy. Dallas (214) 363-5401

::noway::

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA Testimonials
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 01:26:18 PM »
great, HLA fails utterly to help the kid, he ends up dead and now the parents (WTF is WRONG with you?) want money to be sent to HLA to further their abusive practices.  just fucking great.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control