Author Topic: ,  (Read 52047 times)

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2003, 10:57:00 AM »
Speaking of Chuck Palahniuk, I have a good friend whose mother and her (mother's) boyfriend (Chuck's dad) were murdered together by her psycho ex-boyfriend. Really sad... :razz:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline abomberger

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »
I am looking I promise, The guy I was talking about was Tim Nixon, who killed his mom. I think you guys would remember him?
I only heard stories.

More Later,
Andy

Offline BellaSatya

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »
Marni Smith (Marni and her sister Mitzi were in Straight too, Im sure some of you remember them) and I were just talking just last night about the 'dead mom in the trunk' thing and she even said it was Tim Savelle that did that.  We need some facts here.  I want to know for sure, dont you guys?? How do we find out?  I bet the Nations would know because Bill and Tim Savelle were roommates for a long time.  Andy, I dont remember Tim Nixon, should I?

:wave:
Shannon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2003, 08:16:00 PM »
Pretty sure it was Tim Nixon...almost positive actually.

No way to know for sure.  Could probably check Dallas Morning New archives or obits.

Cya,

Will

Offline BellaSatya

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2003, 09:10:00 PM »
I don't remember Tim Nixon and I wouldnt wish that horrible situation on anyone. I really hope it isn't Tim Savelle though.  He was a nice guy from what I remember.

Shannon

Offline BellaSatya

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2003, 10:17:00 PM »
Okay, my apologies everyone...  Marni just came over and when I reminded her about Tim Nixon, she felt really silly and said that it wasnt Tim Savelle, it was Tim Nixon.  Just needed to clear that up.

Shannon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2003, 06:13:00 AM »
Tim Nixon was from Plano, but spent a lot of his program in Orlando because he kept jettin(copping out).  Moving repeat escapees across the crountry was a common practice.  Same move was done to cop out king, Garrett Caughey.
Tim Nixon was brought back to Dallas once he reached 4th phase, left again, than brought back, started over and started misbehaving.
After the murder Phil Courtney received a letter from Tims attorney asking Phil to testify on Tims behafe claiming that Tim Nixons drug problem was responible for the murder.  I am sure others got simular letters.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2003, 08:43:00 PM »
Any of you Tehans remember a guy named Tom Coleman?

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.
-- John Adams, (1772)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2003, 07:41:00 AM »
Yo, Phil Courtney here. Just get over this shit motherfuckers. Seriously, the more you dwell on this shit, the longer you're putting off living your life. None of us can change anything that has happened back then. That is a fact. Life goes on no matter what we have been through. Make your life full, live life the best you can everyday. If you live in the past you can never realise the true meaning of life. Be freakin happy, love someone like you want to be loved. Let the pain go and have a full and productive life. Of course we all have a lot in common in respect to what we have been through, I'm not denying anyone that. What we all owe each other is to not perpetuate this BS. WE all know what happened, at least we are now free to choose our own destiny. Yeah I got the shit kicked out of me, I was psycologicaly abused like eveyone else. I understand all the resentment, but you have to move on to have some semblence of a normal life. Anger will beat you down and make you miserable, trust me I've lived it. It's an ugly and hurtfull road to be on. I really hope I can help someone from going through the shit I've been through the past ten freakin years. Lets all get together and have a beer and remember what it means to be human and alive. Any responses can be sent to my agent Tim Kemp. Take care lost ones.  PHIL

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »
Hmmm...last time I checked my life was pretty full.....I wouldnt say that dwelling on Straight was my thing either.  In fact, I dont really blame my experience there for any of the problems I have these days....except that maybe being there changed my path a bit and led me the long way around to fulfillment.  Things would have been different had I been able to go to school, to be in contact with my mother....matter of fact, I worked my program like a champ until the day I left.....never thought about Straight a day since until I came across this board.

I do believe that fulfillment is a choice....we all have it in us to get past everything we have been through.....but there isnt anything wrong with being a little afraid to make that choice.

And also Phil, keep in mind that this is STILL happening to kids.  It would be easier to focus on ourselves as you recommend if it werent.  If indeed we owe it to each other not to perpetuate this "BS", we owe it even more so to the kids still out there bleeding on the floor.

I am free, I am in control of my destiny, I do love life and everything in it....but now I have the power to possibly help some kids away from that long way around life, you know?  I view that as helping others with what I have learned as well.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2003, 01:25:00 PM »
Greetings Phil,

On 2003-11-09 04:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

WE all know what happened, at least we are now free to choose our own destiny.

That's what I thought for about 18 years after making my break. After 10 years of Program life for my family, two years in Straight for me, the whole thing culminated in a 2 hr intake at LIFE. That ended w/ the ultimatum; sign in or walk out of here and never darken our door again. I took option #2 without a second thought and have never regretted it.

So here I am, just ambling along, raising kids and stuff and really happy with most of my choices. But little things kept bugging me. When my oldest kid was in grade school, I learned all about DARE. Well, I didn't learn all about DARE back then. Just the stuff the parents are allowed to know. Years later, I found out that creepy feeling I'd written off to leftover Program paranoia at the time was justified. Betty Sembler, founder of Straight, is closely affiliated with DARE. In fact, there's a long list of spooky drug war programs and agencies w/ which the Semblers are closely affiliated.

At the bottom of it, we don't have the choice our parents did to just reject the Program. We pay for their advertising, we subsidize piss testing in workplaces and schools. We pay for DARE cops to indoctrinate as many school kids as they can and to cultivate snitches. Our Atty Gen. is among the devout, too. I'm not talking about his fundamental Christian beliefs. I'm talking about the Institute of Basic Life Principles, which runs thought reform 'schools' for naughty fundie children who listen to devil music or let Satan in in the form of a hit off a joint.

Just look at what these whack jobs have been able to accomplish in South Carolina
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/ ... 2492.shtml

Nice, huh? Did they do raps in Dallas about taking over the world? I remember a few of those at Sarasota and a lot of that kind of talk at The Seed in Ft. Lauderdale. They weren't joking and they weren't delusional about it, friend. They meant it and they have the means.

If it were really over, I wouldn't be talking about it all these years later.

I am married, not Buried !
-- Steve Webb

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »
http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v03/n1737/a08.html

Isn't the logic a little familiar here? The kids are doing OK. The parents aren't too worried. Everyone's getting along just fine, but the drug nazis see that as a problem to be solved. "We must get these kids and parents involved in snitching on eachother and convince them that drugs are the root of all evil!"

If you care to watch this story unfold, I predict they'll address the 'problem' of parents lack of involvement in the new Stazi by cultivating a snitch or two among the kids and then snatching up some of the parents in a sting operation.

"Now, I'm a walking dead man," ... "And what bothers me is that I'm dead because I tried to help the kids. And it's all the fault of all those people over there at the DEA." [Dead Man Talking]

--Ben Guillory

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2003, 02:56:00 PM »
Back in the `80's, President George Büsh declared Straight, Inc. to be one of the "Thousand Points of Light". At least I wasn't allowed to watch tv at the time. Thank God for small favors, eh?

But there's good news, too. Here's an inspiring story out of Ashland, Ky:

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v03/n1737/a09.html

And here's my response:

Dear neighbors,
  I think Bob Jessie owes Councilman Berry and the public a better answer than what he gave you. When asked how Grayson has benefited from the FADE program, all he has to show are high numbers of arrests and investigations. The question was not "How much effort have we invested so far?" but "What did we get for it?"

I'm not from Ashville, but I've seen this song and dance before. These carpet baggers come to town and tell us that drugs are the root cause of all the crime, vice and misery in our lives. We're told that we MUST mortgage the farm, if we have to, to fight the scourge of drugs. So we give over our tax money, our officers and even accept as necessary things like paid anonymous informants and out of area officers investigating local people. After all, it's all in the name of fighting crime, vice and misery, right?

But, when we ask to see the results, instead of showing us a reduction in crime, vice and misery, they show us impressive looking arrest numbers. Meanwhile, the officers on the street struggle to keep up with increasing crime, vice and misery; much of it related to the upset in the community caused by all taskforce activities and investigations. Same thing's happening here in Monessen, PA. Are your local jails way over budget too? Are your councilmen asking for a tax hike of some sort to cover it? Same here.

Kudos to Chief Hill for not falling for the bait and switch. I think it's Councilman Berry who needs to be replaced. There is only one proven way to shut down a black market. We had all these same problems during alcohol prohibition and we solved most of them by repealing prohibition.

Respectfully submitted for publication,
Ginger Warbis
--------->8 snip!
[contact info for verification]

I hope they print it. It's 299 words, but sometimes a small town paper will be a little more flexible with their column inch alottment.

I think we should reclaim the slogan and declare Chief Hill a point of light!

It will be generally found that those who sneer habitually at human nature and affect to despise it, are among its worst and least pleasant examples

--Charles Dickens

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
Anonymity Anonymous

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2003, 10:02:00 PM »

Offline ehm

• View Profile