Author Topic: Great relocation for the discussion board!  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Georgia Straight

• View Profile
Great relocation for the discussion board!
« on: May 01, 2001, 04:39:51 AM »
Hey, all! Glad yer still here. In my long absence, I thought the Survivors site was shut down, but I guess y'all have survived worse than dot com depression, huh? Maybe like a Friday night Review after an open meeting? Ahhhh.... nothing like a start over to get back to basics! By the way, I'm still proving that rehabs can be full of crap----I'm 3 months cigarette free(cold turkey after 16 years of 2 packs a day)(I don't need no stinking patches or gum or even, gulp, a support group.) I quit with my own will power.

Luv Ya

MattB

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2001, 01:04:38 PM »
Re: Great relocation for the discussion board!
Hey Matt! Good to hear from ya'. Stay tuned for the next exciting episode. If you've never posted your email address to the forum, please send mail to [email protected] so I can put you on the list for the formal invitation to the mailing list and conference.

If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them whether they need it or not.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2001, 02:05:43 PM »
Re: Great relocation for the discussion board!
Glad you're back Matt,

I quit smoking Oct, 99 cold turkey too! Haven't had one since! It's just really cool that since I I've have been looking at this truth about Straight, being educated to the fact that this was nothing more than a money making scam, also knowing that my Niece and Nephew needed me helped me to finally put that last cigarette pack down and keep it there on my shelf and they've been there since Oct, 99.

Myself, I think God for his help, showing me that a program or patch wasn't going to stop me from smoking, it was just going to have to be my decision alone. It also helps me to encourage others not necessarily to stop, but for them to do whatever they need to do to get to their next point in their lives. I find freedom in that.

Best of luck on it, and take it easy....Ken