Author Topic: Atlanta, GA Straight, Inc...Anyone left saved from suicide?  (Read 6315 times)

Offline VAandGAsurvivor

• View Profile
Atlanta, GA Straight, Inc...Anyone left saved from suicide?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2002, 12:41:00 AM »
i was in atlanta straight same time period, came from virginia when that ship wrecked, ms.crawford, mr.mantooth, pete b was a good good friend of mine, who are you ? my name is kevin b , i'm wondering too where you are getting all your facts just like to be sure of what i am getting upset over as far too often they end up being rumors, anyway nice to know some people are around

[ This Message was edited by: VAandGAsurvivor on 2002-10-19 21:45 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
went to straight VA beach in 1989 was shipped to Atlanta when it closed, and got out in 1992

Offline VAandGAsurvivor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2002, 12:48:00 AM »
i am pretty sure he was on staff, but i could be off, but a josh from boston came cause he was misbehaving after copping out for a long time , and was on staff when i arrived, newly on staff, and i arrived in 91 real real early in 91 hope that helps, his dad was a minister, kid loved neil young, same guy ?
went to straight VA beach in 1989 was shipped to Atlanta when it closed, and got out in 1992

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2002, 12:49:00 PM »
I ran into Steve in Charleston, SC several years ago. He was the Front Manager for Magnolias, a REALLY nice restraunt there. We talked for a while and he is doing really well. I don not know if he is still there. I would suspect he in still in Charleston though.

CL

Offline cram737

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2002, 06:23:00 PM »
Thanks you Clay. Steve was the first oldcomer I had that treated me like a human. He became like a big brother to me, took me under his wing and all. I lived at his house in the Chamblee-Dunwoody area where he and his mom made me feel like one of the family...one of the few good memories I have.He 7-stepped a couple of weeks after I made 2nd phase but I've always remembered his kindness towards me. I talked to him some after getting out but we eventually lost touch. Years later I heard rumor that he had died but at that point in life I was running hard from any memories of Straight so I never investigated it. I'm really glad to hear it wasn't true.