Author Topic: The Harbor Girls, St Pete, 1981  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
The Harbor Girls, St Pete, 1981
« on: October 19, 2002, 12:14:00 PM »
Does anyone have ANY knowledge at all about 2 sisters who entered the program in St Pete in 1981 named Lurray and Dawn Harbor?  Lurray committed suicide in the mid 80's when I briefly held contact with her older sister.  I NEED to find them.  They lived in north Tampa, Lurray had blonde hair and was one HELL of a misbehavior.  Absolute fighter, tiny 13 year old blonde.  Her big sis was about 15/16, had brown hair and was quieter.  I am trying to find Dawn, her mom, or any shred of information about them.
Please use the Private message function here on the site to contact me if you wish to not post information.  I will hold anything I here in the strictest confidence.
Thanks a lot,
Bill Hadley
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 09:59:00 AM »
Do you remember the Pritchert brothers? They were twins when they entered the program. Todd was a foster brother of mine. His brother after leaving the program and abandoned by family stole a bottle of wine from a liquor store in tampa and ran, he triped and the glass went into his stomach and killed him. My friend Paul Palmer who was in the program, his brother killed himself because he couldn't deal with the pressure of straight. Imagine that a sibling killing himself because of straight. I hate straight

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2002, 12:07:00 PM »
Yeah, I knew them both, little guys, identical twins who came in with wild curly long hair.  I had heard the story of Troy from a friend in south tampa about 8 years ago.  My bud didn't even know I had known them until I mentioned straight one day....  Chuck had been "druggie" friends with the boys.
Anyway, has anybody  kept touch with Todd?  Isn't his dad a high-up at Tampa Police department? Info anyone?  The suicides/murders of former clients is a powerful tool of exposure to the programs lack of success.
thats why we should gater our stories, and cross link this anecdotal stuff to give it more weight.
Bill
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82