Author Topic: Does anyone actually believe this nonsense?  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Does anyone actually believe this nonsense?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 08:35:26 AM »
***Almost every woman who has borne at least one child had at least a mild brush with the baby blues, and almost all of us have a friend or relative that got full-blown post-partum depression.

Julie, are there stats to support this 'flaky' notion?
Do you view everyone as weak, frail, flawed, mentally ill?
Does exhaustion due to 24/7, intensive care of an infant qualify as a mental illness?
Doesn't "almost all of us have a friend or relative that got full-blown post-partum depression" really suggest or imply that almost everyone "gets" it?
I know NO one who "got" it.

And why do many of the woman who opt for psych drugs still cut off their babies arms, or drown them, or drive them in the lake? And why do the majority of these women say that God told them to do it?
Might a dismantling of the religious fears and dogma that were instilled be equally or more effective than drugs, which can cause the same side-effects they are supposed to treat?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 08:21:10 PM »
I'm with Julie on this one. Bi-polar is not a fake disease. Post-partum depression is also very real. My ex-wife suffered from post-partum something. She was bitch on wheels and knew it. She admitted it later when it passed. She did not use drugs.

Bi-polar people do not hear voices. God does not talk to them. That would be schizophrenia. Don't tell me that schizophrenia does not exist. I watched my own mother develop it as I was growing up. It is a debilitating illness and difficult to cope with for both patient and family.

Also, not all psychologists run for the medicine and they have no financial reason to do so. Psychologists cannot prescribe medications. They must refer the patient to a psychiatrist for an evaluation.

I have only seen a few therapists and only for short periods, for specific reasons (during my divorce, for example). Not one recommended medication.

My son was evaluated by two Child Study Teams and a total of five child psychologists, they all, without exception, explicitly stated he did NOT need medication. His teachers felt he had ADHD. The psychologists all disagreed.

http://www.faqs.org/health/Sick-V1/Bipo ... order.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 11:23:31 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
Though I have to say his freak out on Oprah was pure comedy gold.

Just watched it for the first time on Youtube.
Not funny,or shocking.
Why all the fuss over Tom's Oprah visit?
I found his behavior kind of endearing.

Offline Gregg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 11:37:01 PM »
Tom's a target because he has a real heart and is not afraid to do what's right unlike most of the complete flakes in Hollywood. The Oprah thing was nothing at all, just a display of happiness and nothing more.

And he never attacked Brooke Shields either. He merely pointed out that she was unaware of all the facts about so-called post-pardern depression and the drugs often used to treat it which is the right thing to do. Brooke may be a well-meaning lady but she is no expert on anti-depressant medication and should not be endorcing it's use.

And as far as he questioning Matt Lauer for also endorcing anti-depressants, an issue Mr. Lauer knows nothing about.., Tom was also acting responsibly by taking issue for that.

So Tom a target for being a decent guy and just standing up for the truth.., that used to be an American ideal I seem to recall once upon a time..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 11:48:55 PM »
Considering Scientology does similarly horrific things to children as programs do (babies with worms crawling out of their asses, anyone?), I would have thought they'd have ditched his Hubbard-worshipping ass long since.

Offline Gregg

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 11:51:59 PM »
I think "you need" to substantiate that claim..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 11:53:28 PM »
During all of this, I was so focused on my job in the Sea Org -- Chief Quality Control Officer in the brainwashing factory -- that until one day when I was changing my child's diaper and saw little white worms wiggling their way out of her anus, I didn't realize the abuse going on.

http://www.whyaretheydead.net/krasel/aff_de1.html

Offline Gregg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 12:01:22 AM »
If that's true the author should press charges then.. If he hasn't done so it's probably because he's being a little less than honest..

And speaking of honesty.., I've always felt that if critics held the psychiatric industry to the same standards they demand for Scientology, there would be no Scientology as we know it today..

But those who are so critical of Scientology reserve their critism for them alone while always turing a blind eye to the fraud and abuses of psychiatry..

Something wrong with that and it make the data contained in that link you posted just a little suspect IMO..
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 12:29:37 AM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 12:07:48 AM »
:roll:

Wonderful. Just what we needed. A fucking clam on Fornits.

You've come to the entirely wrong forum to peddle your crap, bub.

http://www.xenu.net/

Fornits members should be able to point out the similarities between Scientology and [insert program of choice] with ease.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 12:12:15 AM »
Quote from: ""Gregg""
Tom's a target because he has a real heart and is not afraid to do what's right unlike most of the complete flakes in Hollywood. The Oprah thing was nothing at all, just a display of happiness and nothing more.

And he never attacked Brooke Shields either. He merely pointed out that she was unaware of all the facts about so-called post-pardern depression and the drugs often used to treat it which is the right thing to do. Brooke may be a well-meaning lady but she is no expert on anti-depressant medication and should not be endorcing it's use.

And as far as he questioning Matt Lauer for also endorcing anti-depressants, an issue Mr. Lauer knows nothing about.., Tom was also acting responsibly by taking issue for that.

So Tom a target for being a decent guy and just standing up for the truth.., that used to be an American ideal I seem to recall once upon a time..

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Ya almost had me there.