Author Topic: Parents are warned about Hyde School by watchdog group  (Read 16928 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parents are warned about Hyde School by watchdog group
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 12:11:54 PM »
Seems to me that the information on ISAC and CAFETY presents a very one-sided and narrow perspective on Hyde School. Several disgruntled parents and some unfounded accusations of sexual harassment because someone was "creepy" does not make Hyde an abusive and harmful school. This kind of reckless and irresponsible "watchdog" reporting based on such sketchy information contradicts anything that I've seen at Hyde.

---

You seem like a great person to interview.  If you're intereted in participating in the article I'm writing about Hyde, please contact me at: [email protected]

gary eskow
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 06:17:24 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Seems to me that the information on ISAC and CAFETY presents a very one-sided and narrow perspective on Hyde School. Several disgruntled parents and some unfounded accusations of sexual harassment because someone was "creepy" does not make Hyde an abusive and harmful school. This kind of reckless and irresponsible "watchdog" reporting based on such sketchy information contradicts anything that I've seen at Hyde.

---

You seem like a great person to interview.  If you're intereted in participating in the article I'm writing about Hyde, please contact me at: [email protected]

gary eskow

How does the above poster know that these were "unfounded accusations" or that the watchdog groups reporting is reckless and irresponsible? You say that all of this info "contradicts" what you have seen at Hyde. Well, step up to the plate.  Who are you?  A parent?  A student?  A staff member?  Tell us what you observe at Hyde?  We are very interested in hearing some positives about the school because they seem far and few between.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 07:10:09 PM »

---

gary eskow

I would appreciate it if you would be very specific.  Which comments on ISAC and CAFETY seem, as you say, "reckless" and "irresponsible"?  Are you saying all of the comments about Hyde on those sites are unfounded and unsubstantiated?  Are you dismissing all of Mr. Eskow's comments about Hyde on ISAC?  Are you saying that the other parents' comments are without any foundation?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 07:49:15 PM »

---

gary eskow

You are certainly free to disagree with the comments people have posted on ISAC.  That's your right.  But, your comments seem VERY reminiscent of the kind if sweeping judgments I encountered so often at Hyde.  You seem to dismiss the posters' comments with one big, broad brush.  That's the sort of thing that really turned me off about Hyde, that is, the tendency to dismiss Hyde's critics instantly and without any careful consideration of their concerns.  

A couple of people have asked you to clarify your comments.  Please add me to the list.  I too would like to know which comments on ISAC, especially, seem "irresponsible"  and "reckless."  As far as I can tell, the ISAC comments are pretty detailed, specific, thoughtful, and reasonable.  I would appreciate a response.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 10:25:28 PM »
Face it, folks, this person is probably a troll, i.e., current or former (still loyal) staff.

And if NOT, this blows my mind:
...unfounded accusations of sexual harassment...
...reckless and irresponsible "watchdog" reporting based on... sketchy information...

Just how much Kool-Aide having you been drinking, my friend?  Open your eyes!
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 08:08:20 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Face it, folks, this person is probably a troll, i.e., current or former (still loyal) staff.

...reckless and irresponsible "watchdog" reporting based on... sketchy information...

The "troll"  is a friend of Larry's

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 10:27:31 AM »

Oh oh. There is troll mole dime-ing on the troll.  Or is it being "brothers keeper?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 11:01:08 PM »

When you say the "troll" is  a friend of Larry's are you talking about Larry Dubinsky?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 12:06:52 AM »
That would be my guess.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 10:40:55 AM »

---

gary eskow

I would appreciate it if you would be very specific.  Which comments on ISAC and CAFETY seem, as you say, "reckless" and "irresponsible"?  Are you saying all of the comments about Hyde on those sites are unfounded and unsubstantiated?  Are you dismissing all of Mr. Eskow's comments about Hyde on ISAC?  Are you saying that the other parents' comments are without any foundation?

Several people have asked the person who accused several former Hyde parents of posting "reckless" and "irresponsible" comments to be more specific and back up his/her claim.  That person has not responded to the request to defend these strong accusations.  I hope that person will act responsibly and explain his/her comments.  This feels much too familiar, like the "hit and run" tactics I experienced at Hyde.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2007, 07:19:10 AM »

---

gary eskow

I can't help but notice that the person who went after folks who have posted critical comments about Hyde made the accusations about the critics' character and then cut and run.  This person wasn't willing to back up his/her claims, despite requests.  That doesn't seem very responsible.

Several people have asked the person who accused several former Hyde parents of posting "reckless" and "irresponsible" comments to be more specific and back up his/her claim.  That person has not responded to the request to defend these strong accusations.  I hope that person will act responsibly and explain his/her comments.  This feels much too familiar, like the "hit and run" tactics I experienced at Hyde.

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2007, 05:00:11 PM »
"you're a gutless chameleon"

quote, Jim Searles 1975
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline katfacehead89

• View Profile
Re: Parents are warned about Hyde School by watchdog group
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2021, 02:53:05 PM »
ISAC shut down after they were sued by one of the major TTI group kingpins- Robert Lichfield. Don't know if they were ordered to shut down or if Lichfield paid them a settlement or what. But the Jekyll Side of Hyde is still on the Internet Archive (pre-hacking) version of fornits..

http://web.archive.org/web/20070908104258/http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=23004&sid=a661f6b6496d1777eccc2ff388e65407