Author Topic: Federal Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Against HLA & Buccell  (Read 25017 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Federal Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Against HLA & Buccell
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2007, 12:28:06 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
$6000 will get them maybe 2 weeks of attorney time.  The parents expected a big return on their investment in HLA- isn't that the point of the lawsuit?  Not having the class certified would be a huge blow. I suspect there will be a few families that pursue individual suits, but not many.

Think again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2007, 04:42:32 PM »
If the class is not certified, it will be very expensive for the individual plaintiffs to proceed, and there is not big pot of gold at the end of the expensive litigation.

I think for a lot of us its about the principle.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: i went throught the hell
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »
Quote from: ""hla student""
i am happy to hear that this hell hole is getting shut down i went through 2 yrs of bullshit i went throught a lot and i am happy to hear  that future kids wont have to expeirience what i did.thank god

the school is not closing by the way...ask yourself why you were sent there in the first place.  It wasn't HLA.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: i went throught the hell
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »
Quote from: ""hla student""
i am happy to hear that this hell hole is getting shut down i went through 2 yrs of bullshit i went throught a lot and i am happy to hear  that future kids wont have to expeirience what i did.thank god

the school is not closing by the way...ask yourself why you were sent there in the first place.  It wasn't HLA.

Let's place some bets - I bet HLA will close on/around 1 July 2007.  

BTW - This bet is placed on behalf of the kid M.K. took on an Intervention in late 2006. The boy found a bottle and sliced his wrists. But being the compassionate professional you are, you just taped us his wrists and made him stay on the Intervention. You never told his parents about it (or got him professional help), but the kids on the Intervention talked and so did his PG members and roommates. Sucks how secrets always come back to haunt you, huh?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2007, 08:53:06 PM »
the school is not closing by the way...ask yourself why you were sent there in the first place. It wasn't HLA.

Ask yourself why the school is having so many problems in the first place. It wasnt us.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2007, 09:01:05 AM »
July 2007...wouldn't it close to coincide w/ the end of an academic quarter and wouldn't that be May 2007.

This entity is backed by one person not Goldman Sachs...and is losing money...if you were losing lots of your personal money every day would you wait until July?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2007, 09:04:49 AM »
Yes, but they need a month or two to blame everyone else for their problems....

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2007, 10:22:20 AM »
They need to go ahead at the end of the quarter and close which is May 2007. They do not need to keep taking all that money from paretnts when so much of their staff have either quit or were let go. The staff keeps dwindling each week with more and more leaving. When 2 big peer groups graduate in May, and other parents pull their kids at the end of the semester, why would anyone think they can keep carrying on business as usual? The children there do not have enough supervison now as it is with half the staff.

They need to accept the facts and do the right thing especially when parents have to pay monthly tuition 1 month in advance.
ET ER DONE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2007, 10:55:27 AM »
Those parents who pre-pay their tuition will never see one penny of their money returned..... they can't even pay back the people they owe money from months ago.

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2007, 12:12:15 PM »
What I meant by pre-pay the tuition is that when you get a bill due for 04-01-07, it is for May's tuition. The bill due 05-01-07 is for June's tuition and so on. If they were to close in May, they should tell people now and not make them pay on 05-01-07 for June 2007 tuition.
ET ER DONE

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2007, 12:33:28 PM »
Quote from: ""happyday7""
What I meant by pre-pay the tuition is that when you get a bill due for 04-01-07, it is for May's tuition. The bill due 05-01-07 is for June's tuition and so on. If they were to close in May, they should tell people now and not make them pay on 05-01-07 for June 2007 tuition.

I see what you mean.
Even if they want to be upfront with everyone their lawyers/accountants will advise them not to tip their hand until the last minute.  Typically once the announcement is made all the banks and creditors rush in and start freezing assets.  You cant pay any bills unless they are in a certain order and approved by the creditors (if any).  So they will keep the date under their hat as long as possible and then refund the money to the parents, if they paid it after the school knew it was to close.
If they had plenty of funding then they could announce it  months in advance but people would bail out and parents would remove their kids early (not a good business move)

So if HLA knows it is going to close say June 1st then they would accept payments on 5/1/2007 for Junes tuition, but by law they will need to return this because they knew they were closing and the banks would distribute these funds (may take a few months, though) for them.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2007, 12:47:54 PM »
"By law" has never been a huge concern for them.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2007, 12:51:58 PM »
indeed.  very astute observation.

and, yes, i'm sure, as the who stated, they WANT to tell the truth to the people they're ripping off, but those damned lawyers and accountants are to blame for crushing these families emotionally and financially, not HLA.  

they're a TBS, people.  they're here to help! :roll:  :roll:
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
themselves.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
refunds and payments
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2007, 10:22:29 AM »
well, the payment thing (not paying for the next month idea) would be all well and good except for the fact that the last monthly payment for the AUGUST grads was in APRIL...remember the money put in up front when the register is for the last 3 months...they are not collecting any funds for any students that are graduating in may OR in august...they are staying a float with only the funds they have for any student that didn't prepay the program or who is there past august...and there was a HUGE push last year for EVERY AND ANYONE coming in to pay in full and most of them did since they were offering 10% off the cost of the program if they did that...i think that discount has been dropped back to like 6% if they are even offering a discount...buch had to pay for the mosaleum (sp)...
so really...they have very very little actual liquid funds coming in...
and for the parents who read this...YOU WILL NOT SEE A PENNY OF ANY OF YOUR PREPAY MONEY WHEN THE SCHOOL CLOSES OR YOU PULL YOUR KID!!! but PLEASE don't let that be a deterrant to pulling your kid...it is just money and you can make more...but you can't replace your kid!!!