Author Topic: Federal Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Against HLA & Buccell  (Read 24936 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: lawsuit
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 06:22:11 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Seems like the lawsuit would most likely be about what parents expected HLA to provide and what HLA said they could provide versus what HLA actually did provide.

No its a personal injury suit, its probably more along the lines of emotinal injury and things like that, though i owuldnt be surprised if things like failure to provide adequate services dont pop up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 06:30:53 AM »
Seems like the lawsuit would most likely be about what parents expected HLA to provide and what HLA said they could provide versus what HLA actually did provide.

No its a personal injury suit, its probably more along the lines of emotinal injury and things like that, though i owuldnt be surprised if things like failure to provide adequate services dont pop up.

No, this is a class action suit - not a personal injury suit. There's a huge difference.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 08:59:26 AM »

No, this is a class action suit - not a personal injury suit. There's a huge difference.

Let me see if I can clear things up a bit.  This is a class-action lawsuit with multiple plaintiffs.  It is being brought for personal injuries and other accessory issues such as fraud, etc.

I understand that the document posted does not reveal all of the information involved in the suit.  Currently there is not an entire case summary available through PACER.  Save yourselves the 8 cents per page fee, because there's not much there yet, as it has to be fleshed out as they upload more documents.  I will be happy to keep all of you apprised of the situation as it develops (so far, this has been the best 8 cents I ever spent).

Money damages being sought have not been enumerated yet, but in order to be a federal case, it is necessarily over $5million dollars (although I hear it could easily be ten to twenty times this amount when all is said and done).  

I also understand that the principles are not interested in a settlement in this case, but rather an admission of wrongdoing by HLA and subsequent regulation required by law or closure of the facility.  Regulation, in effect, would mean closure for all practical purposes because HLA would have to hire an entire new (QUALIFED, LICENSED) staff, completely retool policies and procedures, upgrade facilities, revamp the educational component, build laboratories for academic use, hire certified teachers and, of course, submit fully to random inspections.  My suspiscion is that rather than behave according to moral, ethical and legal standards - which all cost money - they will fold up and move on.

I know HLA is currently carrying only $11million in insurance and that, based on similar cases in precedent, it will absolutley not cover the judgement should the plaintiffs prevail.  Therefore, business assets could be force-liquidated and could possibly result in the sale of the entire facility to meet the judgement figure.  We'll have to see how that shakes out.

I hope this helps to clarify the issues and I will do my best to keep this thread up to date and current.

As for SHH and RB, it is now crystal clear that although SHH blindly and ignorantly defended HLA every step of the way, up to and including calling RB a liar and attempting to out his identity (same for me, too), she was dead wrong about almost every single assertion she posted here.  Suffice it to say that all along RB was dead on and all of you who disparaged him for telling the truth about his experience at HLA should be ashamed of yourselves (although I do acknowledge that some of you sociopaths are incapable of feeling this).  There's not much else to say about this.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:03:28 AM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Federal Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Against HLA & Buccell
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 09:00:44 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
You can follow the link in the original post and purchase a copy for .08 per page through Pacer, or be patient. I'm sure it will be posted asap, or a summary at the least.

Deborah - is Pacer currently providing a draft of the charges or the final copy (which I would assume is not released yet)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 09:06:43 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
You can follow the link in the original post and purchase a copy for .08 per page through Pacer, or be patient. I'm sure it will be posted asap, or a summary at the least.

Deborah - is Pacer currently providing a draft of the charges or the final copy (which I would assume is not released yet)

Plese see preceeding post.  Thanks.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 09:08:09 AM »
Didn't see that because I was typing when you posted, thanks !!!

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 10:56:24 AM »
If anyone wants more info on the lawsuits PM me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 12:39:48 PM »
Quote from: ""Dysfunction Junction""

Let me see if I can clear things up a bit.  This is a class-action lawsuit with multiple plaintiffs.  It is being brought for personal injuries and other accessory issues such as fraud, etc.

I understand that the document posted does not reveal all of the information involved in the suit.  Currently there is not an entire case summary available through PACER.  Save yourselves the 8 cents per page fee, because there's not much there yet, as it has to be fleshed out as they upload more documents.  I will be happy to keep all of you apprised of the situation as it develops (so far, this has been the best 8 cents I ever spent).

Money damages being sought have not been enumerated yet, but in order to be a federal case, it is necessarily over $5million dollars (although I hear it could easily be ten to twenty times this amount when all is said and done).  

I also understand that the principles are not interested in a settlement in this case, but rather an admission of wrongdoing by HLA and subsequent regulation required by law or closure of the facility.  Regulation, in effect, would mean closure for all practical purposes because HLA would have to hire an entire new (QUALIFED, LICENSED) staff, completely retool policies and procedures, upgrade facilities, revamp the educational component, build laboratories for academic use, hire certified teachers and, of course, submit fully to random inspections.  My suspiscion is that rather than behave according to moral, ethical and legal standards - which all cost money - they will fold up and move on.

I know HLA is currently carrying only $11million in insurance and that, based on similar cases in precedent, it will absolutley not cover the judgement should the plaintiffs prevail.  Therefore, business assets could be force-liquidated and could possibly result in the sale of the entire facility to meet the judgement figure.  We'll have to see how that shakes out.

I hope this helps to clarify the issues and I will do my best to keep this thread up to date and current.

As for SHH and RB, it is now crystal clear that although SHH blindly and ignorantly defended HLA every step of the way, up to and including calling RB a liar and attempting to out his identity (same for me, too), she was dead wrong about almost every single assertion she posted here.  Suffice it to say that all along RB was dead on and all of you who disparaged him for telling the truth about his experience at HLA should be ashamed of yourselves (although I do acknowledge that some of you sociopaths are incapable of feeling this).  There's not much else to say about this.

Excellent synopsis!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 02:59:40 PM »
i'm goin to have to say HLA did one thing for me....I CAN FUCKIN LIE MY ASS OFF. since leaving i have never gotten into trouble, fired from a job, gotten away from arrest situations, and completely learned how to milk my parents, and learned i can do what ever i want if i cover it up and have the right people with me. i want to thank all my friends who made kids scared to tell on people.thanks HLA

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 04:04:36 PM »
i'm goin to have to say HLA did one thing for me....I CAN FUCKIN LIE MY ASS OFF. since leaving i have never gotten into trouble, fired from a job, gotten away from arrest situations, and completely learned how to milk my parents, and learned i can do what ever i want if i cover it up and have the right people with me. i want to thank all my friends who made kids scared to tell on people.thanks HLA

Unfortunately that's what happens to most of the kids who go there. Tell the truth and you get punished or sent on restrictions. The kids learn very quickly it's better to lie or not speak up at all about what goes on and keep your mouth shut than face the consequences.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 04:27:22 PM »
Ironically, they 'teach' what they profess to 'treat'.
 :rofl:
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thank You!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 04:27:51 PM »
Deborah,

Thank you for your unwavering devotion to this cause!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 04:49:40 PM »
::birthday::  ::cheers::
PS... what a lovely birthday present.
Thanks co-hearts.  ::kiss::
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »
Once again, for all of the nay-sayers, the doubters, HLA employees and the general program rabble rousers who said this would never happen: WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY NOW?

HLA Staff:  

"Where do I sign up for unemployment?"

or

"It's time to get my resume in order."

or

"Would you like to super-size that?"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

These are very real possible scenarios...
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 10:18:24 AM »
I don't want to burst everyone's bubble, but how winable is this law suit going to be?  All that has really been done so far is a suit has been filed.  Is there proof for what ever has been alledged?  When will we be able to find out what this lawsuit really covers?