Author Topic: crazy ass book  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
crazy ass book
« on: February 12, 2003, 05:31:00 AM »
i read alot of books, some one told me you don't pick a book , the book picks you. so i'm shopping for a few books as i often do. i'm at one of manhattans' many used book stores, as i often do. and i come across this book called  "the manipulated mind" by denise winn. the book was first published in1983 by octogan press ltd. and then again in 2000 by malor books. the book is about brainwashing techneques used by the koreans about the time of the korean war. this book is so fuckin much like straights ways it's beyond coincidence. i think any one who reads it would undwerstand a whole lot more about their experience there. ......... let me know on this site.......... you motha fuckas stay cool............ peace.

p.s i hope this helps . ::read::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
crazy ass book
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 02:53:00 PM »
We must be on the same train of thought. I've been reading up on this same topic and I'll look for that book. A friend sent me an internal CIA memo, from 1956. They're talking about Korea, but it would be frighteningly easy to say "Straight" instead. Here's a just a bit:

4. Control of Communication. This is one of the most effective methods for creating a sense of helplessness and despair. This measure might well be considered the cornerstone of the communist system of control. It consists of strict regulation of the mail,reading materials,
broadcast materials, and social contact available to the individual. The need to communicate is so great that when the usual channels are blocked,
the individual will resort to any open channel, almost regardless of the implications of using that particular channel. Many POWs in Korea, whose only act of "collaboration" was to sign petitions and "peace appeals," defended their actions on the ground that this was the only method of letting the outside world know they were still alive. May stated that their morale and fortitude would have been increased immeasurably had leaflets of encouragement been dropped to them. When the only contact with the outside world is via the interrogator, the prisoner comes to develop extreme dependency on his interrogator and hence loses another
prop to his morale.
Another wrinkle in communication control is the informer system. The recruitment of informers in POW camps discouraged communication between inmates. POWs who feared that every act or thought of resistance would be communicated to the camp administrators, lost faith in their fellow man and were forced to "untrusting individualism." Informers are also under several stages of brainwashing and elicitation to develop
and maintain control over the victims.

Offline marika708

• View Profile
crazy ass book
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 09:23:00 PM »
Shelby,

This crap blows my mind...How do you get your mind around this treatment?  I can't even comprehend this...and I start to think that the average person in my life has no idea that I was ever treated this way and the effects on my personality that it has permanently made...this is not just a "it's not happening anymore, get over it" issue.  I read the POW remarks that some members make and think, maybe that's overstating it a little...but then reading an excerpt like that makes it all perfectly clear.  They are right, we were POW's in the war on drugs, only now nobody cares.  Some days I just have to not think about this stuff for a while or I could end up somewhere with padded walls...

Real criminals walk free every day to rape, rob, and murder again because the courts are so busy finding consensual criminals guilty of hurting no one but themselves.... To free cells for consensual criminals, real criminals are put on the street every day.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0931580587/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Peter McWilliams

arika
Atlanta \'83-\'84

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
crazy ass book
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 10:40:00 PM »
Marika,

I'll send you the whole memo, and anyone else who wants it, too. It easily lays to rest any doubts about a POW-Straight correlation.

Shelby

Offline marika708

• View Profile
crazy ass book
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »
Shelby,

I would like to have a copy of that, thanks.

Marika

Jails and prisons are the complement of schools; so many less as you have of the latter, so many more you must have of the former

--Horace Mann

arika
Atlanta \'83-\'84

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
crazy ass book
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »
Shelby,

May I have a copy of the memo also.

Thanks,

Wes Fager
 [email protected]
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
crazy ass book
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »
Wes,

If you put that memo up on your site could you let us all know?

Thanks