Author Topic: traumatic night  (Read 6186 times)

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
traumatic night
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2003, 08:06:00 PM »
sorry, guess you can't PM me unless you know it's me huh?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline chinrse23

• View Profile
traumatic night
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2003, 09:12:00 PM »
Yea i guess so :smile:.  I have looked into the wellspring program and it seems like an awesome deal.  

For all of you who are wondering:
He is doing better today and even smiled.  He told me to tell you all not to worry that he is doing better. He is definitely not out of the woods yet, but the sleep has really made a difference.  At least he has complete thoughts now and was even willing to talk about quite a few subjects.

He told me that the people are extremely nice to him and the schedule they had worked out for him seemed to be very reasonable.  Most of the things on the schedule were like classes teaching him techniques on relaxation and how to cope with his problems.  It is not strenuous.  He is allowed visitors for up to six hours a day and phone calls at any time.  He can also make phone calls at any time.  He sleeps in a private room that is locked so he can have any personal stuff that he wants--including food.

They even have pet therapy as a big part of his schedule.  Yelling is not allowed at anytime. and there bulletins posted on the board by which he can file any complaint if he feels that he is in is treated in anyway badly.  Showers are an anytime thing as well as going to bed.  There is tv and radio.

In general the place is very casual and seems to be doing him a lot of good.  

[ This Message was edited by: chinrse157 on 2003-02-06 18:19 ]

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
traumatic night
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2003, 09:47:00 PM »
That's good. Maybe just seeing that there are actual nice places out there still will be bennicifial too. And being reminded that he is worth being treated as an equal even in his worse times.

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
traumatic night
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2003, 12:29:00 AM »
In Rapha and in Northside, the only TV was the one in the main room.  Visitors only 2 or 3 times a week, for an hour on each of those 2 or 3 days.  The place your husband is at sounds even better in terms of liberation instead of oppression.

In Straight, 1st and 2nd phasers could not play musical instruments, ever.  We couldn't even play air guitar/drums or mumble song lyrics.  You already know 1st & 2nd phasers never listened to radio or watched TV.  I was on 1st phase when I went to Northside twice.  I got my parents to bring my bass guitar and my ghetto blaster to Northside both times.

Thanks for the positive update.  I'm very glad he is getting well quickly.

Your husband's story makes me wonder how many of us really are permanently "ok" or truly stable.  We're ok for now, but we could be headed for a similar spell.  He didn't see it coming, but it happened.  It could happen to any of the rest of us as well.

David

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
traumatic night
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »
JDavid wrote:

We're ok for now, but we could be headed for a similar spell. He didn't see it coming, but it happened. It could happen to any of the rest of us as well.

This is a very real worry of mine. Not sure I'd call it a fear though. I wonder what's lurking in the dark places.

Hmmmm, having a film noir moment.

CL

PS I'l be damned if I'm not anal retentive!

[ This Message was edited by: ClayL on 2003-02-07 07:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ClayL on 2003-02-07 07:26 ]

Offline chinrse23

• View Profile
traumatic night
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2003, 04:30:00 PM »
I just want you to know that the signs were all there i just didnt have the knowledge to read them. This has been coming on for awhile and i realize that now.  Hopefully, in the future i will be able to read them a little bit better,so if something like this happens again we will be more prepared.  Hopefully, nothing like this will happen again.

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
traumatic night
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2003, 01:42:00 AM »
Be sure to give us an update.  Maybe not this thread... in a new thread so everyone will notice it.  I've been looking for news from ya about your husband.

David

Offline chinrse23

• View Profile
traumatic night
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »
He is doing better, but he is still in the hospital.  I will keep you posted i read the boards everyday.  They are trying to find out what is going on with him still.