Author Topic: Differneces in Seed Straight  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Differneces in Seed Straight
« on: August 04, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »
after reading many straight testimonoies, it is obvious that The originator -- the Seed had a more powerful hold on the group. At seed there was a very strong beleif that staff, especially key ones were very wise. the truth is they were very smart, were by no means no dummies and many oldtimers were very smart too. . . at seeed there was more of respect for persons and no violence like the straighth stuff, but the mental and psychological hold was much, much stronger than straight . . .because you internalized the beleifs of a family, soul partners, "meant-to-be," destiny, unquestionable leadership, spiritual enlightenment, a real sense of "forever." Straight seemed more of an organization where the member could not question the system or philosophy, but did more often question the staff and lontime oldecomers. Seed was more a mission in loyalty. just random thoghts on major differences
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
huh?

::ftard::

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 05:56:00 PM »
On 2004-08-04 08:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"after reading many straight testimonoies, it is obvious that The originator -- the Seed had a more powerful hold on the group. At seed there was a very strong beleif that staff, especially key ones were very wise. the truth is they were very smart, were by no means no dummies and many oldtimers were very smart too. . . at seeed there was more of respect for persons and no violence like the straighth stuff, but the mental and psychological hold was much, much stronger than straight . . .because you internalized the beleifs of a family, soul partners, "meant-to-be," destiny, unquestionable leadership, spiritual enlightenment, a real sense of "forever." Straight seemed more of an organization where the member could not question the system or philosophy, but did more often question the staff and lontime oldecomers. Seed was more a mission in loyalty. just random thoghts on major differences "

Were you in straight? or the seed? or both?
 They were basically the same in that aspect mentioned above.You sound...confused.
  You also sound like a pro seedling.Not that I give a fuck about you either way ...
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »
I'm not sure I see what you mean as in the Seed really did start out as a cult just like Straight, it's predecessor, started out like an organizational rehab-cult too. Straight is very similar in most aspects of their program, as you described about the Seed program.

One of my friend's fathers did a story, as a journalist, in the 60s on the Synynon program. He was so impressed with them that he wanted to join them! They told him he couldn't join unless he was a recovering addict. Imagine how far removed you?d have to be for these places to look fun to be a part of from the outside!? There?s not much worse than brainwashed journalists.

The lust for power, for dominating others, inflames the heart more than any other passion
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0140440607/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Tacitus

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »
The Seed discussion group had some pretty interesting and detailed discussion on this topic.If you really want to know the differences you should check it out. Maybe the Seed was a little more personality cult and Straight a little more violent for a longer duration but for the most part I think it's a little like Jim Jones offering regular Kool Aid or sugar free. In the end you drink it and wind up a "straightling" or a "seedling" for years. Suffering pretty much he same consequences.

Psychedelics often produce psychotic and even violent behavior in those who have never used them.
--Timothy Leary

traight Incorporated is a disease

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »
I don't know much about the Seed, but it appears to have drawn people in through attraction and then more of a mental control where you simply trust the leader once you were hooked. Straight wasn't exactly like that, but similar. Straight wasn't attractive to the clients at all, but was loathesome. It was only attractive to those who put their kids in, to those parents who believed Straight would straighten out their kid. Because Straight was so unattractive to clients, violence became necessary to keep the kids in line. I don't think the Seed program was like Straight in this respect at all. It seems that Seed people came to want to be brainwashed, while Straight kids endured a more hellish experience.

Also, wasn't the Seed more geared towards older people instead of teenagers with raging hormones? I am sure that this explains some of the differences in the way they operated. We had 11, 12, 13 year old kids in Straight! They were usually more "behavior disorders".

"I remember this time in the past I did inhalants."

"What kind"

"Once, I sniffed a magic marker?"

"Yes, you see, you are all f***ed up, isn't it good to be here getting the help you need for your drug problem you 11 year old magic marker sniffing PUNK?"

"Yeah, it's pretty great."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »
I'm not sure I can communicate in words the differences between the two programs, especially after 80's. Here goes. . .Many people here expereienced seed in 70's or straight in 80's. In 80's seed was quite different than its early years. . .it became much, much tighter in its group dynamics. I am not promoting seed as any better, just very, very different than straight.

Yes, there were major elements copied from seed to straight, but the "feelings" or "expeienece" (albeit an illusion) were much more powerful in seed. At seed, you really felt that this was the real deal in many ways; at straight there was not a sense deeep, deep comraderie among the group. There was much more sneakiness and not a core of personalities, who claimed to be at a higher level as individuals, boith in character and emotional strength and wisom , not mention claims of being smarter. There was a clear sense at seed that to "leave" or in any way be disloyal to the core persoanlities was to also be disloyal to yourself. That was the danger zone.

As others have posted, straight had "a meaner edge." Seed was too smart for this. As the years evolved, seed became pretty much above any violence and direct --in your face-- attack therapy was minmal, only when felt "absolutely necessary." (this was no longer often). Seed became more open in its connection with practical world politics (with a libral - democratic twist), although it is true that emotional/psychological pressure continued to exist.

At straight there seemed to be a feeling that even though you were pressured by others around you, they were still, ultimately, strangers, that you could forsee breaking bonds with in the future; at seed these were your "soul brothers and sisters" and it was "meant to be that you had come to know each other in this lifetime." Most there really believed you were on a destined road. The rest was copy-cat from the seed perspective.  And the truth is, although an illusion, that the power was much, much stronger at seed. You internalized a deep sense of loyalty, committment, life-journey tp a core group of persoanlites and your peers, that was supposed to be "forever." So you became more than friends, friends to a much deeper level than just these people you interacted with at a rehab, many no longer even associated it with a rehab or even an organization at all. At straight very few personalities were revered in a place close to perfection. At seed, several personalities were thought of as close to perfection as possible and the strong desire of wanting to emulate these people was about spiritial growth -- almost like becoming a "wise soul."

Thoughtless reaction towards others and uneccesary hype became the less common at seed. Instead, thoughtful manipualation seemed to reign in a way that kept the inner and outer  group centered around the core. Straight personalities were simply not as convinving or psychologically penetratins, so it was no wonder that restraints were needed. At seed one look from one of the key personalities could shatter every part of the confidenece that "had been given to you" beacuse it was like the gods were always watching.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »
What a bunch of crap! I did not respect the staff.Please drop allthe nice words when describing the seed. The seed SUCKS!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »
I can't believe you took the time to type all that. Who are you trying to convince? Us or you? Maybe I should pray to the Seed Gods for the answer! :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »
I'm not trying to convince anyone. I think the difference is interesting; I am not saying that it is valid or that seed was better or more real or less conning, simply that the differences wsa that the Seed--whihc was the originator--was more powerful in its approaches, basically a deeper more profound brainwashing job. Also, that in seed whether you like it or not, you weer into it deep, especially if you were part of the inner core.

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »
I don't know that one or the other had a more powerful brainwashing technique..just different. Like different types of cancer, different symptoms maybe, different types of pain but the same disease ultimately.

Both inhibited individuality, originality. Both used deprivation of some sort, used fear and created a sense of powerlessness.

Would you like grape Kool Aid  or cherry?

The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.
-- Salvador Dali

traight Incorporated is a disease