Author Topic: How do you feel about www.thestraights.com?  (Read 9145 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How do you feel about www.thestraights.com?
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

But that Chinese flag doctored photo is confusing,

so, his website.

and it dirtied a perfectly good rare photo of group in session.

so, his website.  the original is still out there, don't get your panties in a wad.

I actually live in China,and that photo on the front page confused any Chinese friends of mine.

Then I'm sure you were right there to explain the meaning behind it.

Of course NOW the website is completely useless,but it HAD potential at one time.

so, his website.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2006, 01:01:28 PM »

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2006, 06:54:54 PM »
Quote from: ""GregFL""
Quote from: ""001010""

I used to use Wes?s site as a point of reference and information when I first started doing advocacy volunteering but have since stopped because of the responses I got from the public., Therefor my opinion is based on my experience with sharing his site with other people, not hypocritical finger pointing and accusation. I?m saddened that it has been perceived otherwise.

It hasn't.  

It just is buried in a thread by people sniping at his son, and repeating this nonsense over and over for personal reasons.

Look at it this way.  Lets say there is a verdict that causes rioting in the streets and  People are looting and beating people up at random. You agree that the verdict was wrong so you go right in the middle of it and try to offer up a rational viewpoint on why the verdict was incorrect.

Wrong venue.  Thats all I'm saying.  In light of all the personal attacks on Wes here, I think any criticism of his website that is done by rational thinkers will fall on deaf ears, in this forum.  In fact, I am quite certain of it.

If you have real concerns, I would take them up with the webmaster, or avoid the website.  But airing them out here among a bunch of posts that attack him personally  and viscously solves nothing.

JMO

I was responding to the thread topic and the subject at hand, not the inner-fighting and board drama. I have no idea by looking at an IP address what the purpose behind someone's post is. Maybe I haven?t been doing this long enough or maybe I just don?t care. There are always going to be assholes on here trying to destroy forum order and significant discussion, it happens all the time, this is Fornits.

But we're not allowed to moderate, so we tolerate which sometimes means having to ignore the meanies. I've been begging Ginger to put an ignore feature in but that's another topic altogether. Maybe if people were required to register, I might have had a clue as to what this person?s ulterior motive was, but I didn't. I apologize if you felt this the inappropriate venue to address my ideas about his site and respect that as your opinion, I just happen to disagree. My impression of this forum is that you have always had to find the good through some bad and tasteless posts. I think Wes knows this as well.

I hope it?s obvious that I have no intention of hurting Wes and no personal agenda here. But I did agree with another post in the thread and didn?t see why we couldn?t try having a productive dialogue about opinions and thoughts on the site and it?s changes over the past few years. After all, it?s for all of us right? I always saw it that way?  

If I had sent Wes a private letter asserting my issues and thoughts I wouldn?t have had the opportunity to bounce them off of other people and hear their opinions. This is not the first time I?ve seen this subject approached on this board and it has seemed to have always been done poorly, but that does not mean that some good still can?t come from it. It doesn?t have to be a rag session.
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2006, 07:08:12 PM »

so, his website.

But what good does it do to just be for him? For a person to accept no outside ideas seems a bit one-sided and self-motivated. Blind faith in any idea or person is a danger sign. Everyone has room for improvement. I would hope that Wes could appreciate ideas and honest opinions, as long as they?re presented with respect for him and the work he has accomplished.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2006, 11:04:35 PM »

I apologize if you felt this the inappropriate venue to address my ideas about his site and respect that as your opinion

Thank you. I respect yours as well.

I just happen to disagree.  

And that certainly not only is your right, but I appreciate a robust disagreement.  Forums thrive on disagreements.

However,  I think I made a valid point.  If someone was attacking you, especially in the manner Wes has been repeatedly attacked over a long period of time, and I had a disagreement with you, I would take it private and be sure not to join in the fray.  I respect you that much.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2006, 11:58:38 PM »
That is typical of all you 7th stepping slime balls,ringing around the group pondering what other people's "motives" are.
I spit in your face then,and I spit in your face now.
I see absolutely nothing sinister about the original posted question,but the 7 steppers here write VOLUMES about what they think the original questioner's "motives" were in asking the question.
NO WONDER you must wade through the garbage here to find the good.
The spammers only write a line or two,but you "motive seekers" just go on blatering away.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2006, 12:06:41 AM »

But that Chinese flag doctored photo is confusing,

so, his website.

and it dirtied a perfectly good rare photo of group in session.

so, his website.  the original is still out there, don't get your panties in a wad.

I actually live in China,and that photo on the front page confused any Chinese friends of mine.

Then I'm sure you were right there to explain the meaning behind it.

Of course NOW the website is completely useless,but it HAD potential at one time.

so, his website.

Explain the "meaning" of the Chinese Flag pasted over a photo?
I call it lying.
I dare say that if the Chinese had been operating our program,there would probably have been less physical abuse going on.
I dont understand Wes' "meaning" in doing that.
I understand the brainwashing techniques used by some Asian's are similar to what was done to people in the programs,forced to write moral inventorys,etc,but how to explain Wes' motives in faking a photo,I have no idea.
Maybe to provoke FEAR?
There was nothing "Communist" about the programs,or Chinese.
If anything,the North Korean flag would have been more appropriate,but I think doctoring photos in ANY WAY only gives Sembler&Co the right to call all of us liars.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2006, 12:12:29 AM »
That is typical of all you 7th stepping slime balls,ringing around the group pondering what other people's "motives" are.

In perso we all know you lack that courage...so you become an internet cowboy, hiding behind your keyboard.

How boring.  How uninteresting.  How sad for you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2006, 08:32:45 AM »

Explain the "meaning" of the Chinese Flag pasted over a photo?
I call it lying.
I dare say that if the Chinese had been operating our program,there would probably have been less physical abuse going on.
I dont understand Wes' "meaning" in doing that.
I understand the brainwashing techniques used by some Asian's are similar to what was done to people in the programs,forced to write moral inventorys,etc,but how to explain Wes' motives in faking a photo,I have no idea.
Maybe to provoke FEAR?
There was nothing "Communist" about the programs,or Chinese.
If anything,the North Korean flag would have been more appropriate,but I think doctoring photos in ANY WAY only gives Sembler&Co the right to call all of us liars.

His website.

001010 - Yes, constructive criticism isn't a bad thing.  This isn't constructive though.  Wes is obviously aware that some people have some complaints about his site.  He doesn't feel the need to change anything.  I guess it works for him.  I guess he has his reasons.  Why should he alter his website according to what someone else thinks it should be?  I mean look at this....

Took me a year of private emails to Wes to convince him to take tha DOCTORED photo of group session with CHINESE FLAG off of his front page.
He still cant part with it,but at least its now burried deep in the bowels of his confusing website where nobody could ever possibly find it,and get the impression that we were all in a Chinese Concentration Camp.

He badgered Wes for over a year about that stupid flag?  Obviously Wes felt it was appropriate.  Does it really matter if this guy doesn't?  Does that give him the right to demand that Wes change what he's done?

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2006, 09:09:05 AM »
And that certainly not only is your right, but I appreciate a robust disagreement.  Forums thrive on disagreements.

However,  I think I made a valid point.  If someone was attacking you, especially in the manner Wes has been repeatedly attacked over a long period of time, and I had a disagreement with you, I would take it private and be sure not to join in the fray.  I respect you that much.

That was never my intention, and I see where you're coming from. Thanks for the civil discussion.  8)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2006, 12:08:40 PM »

In perso we all know you lack that courage...so you become an internet cowboy, hiding behind your keyboard.

No.
You know nothing.
You think I am an "Internet Cowboy"?You moron!
And this is not my keyboard.I have never even owned a computer.
Actually I used to spit in their faces at every opportunity,especially in open meeting,and they were big and I was quite small.
They would wait for everybody to stand up and applause,creating a wall of people so the audience/parents couldnt see,then they would come over and pound on me with their 5th phase minions holding me down.

YOU know nothing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2006, 12:09:38 PM »
What's your point?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2006, 12:17:05 PM »
Hey Greg,Asshole!

Internet Cowboy ,huh?

You think Im a "spammer"?

I know nothing about computers,but I consider this a challenge.

You want to see what I can do,with my Chinese Internet Cowboy Friends?
They work CHEAP,and I know a billion of them.

What do you say?

I have $20USD in my pocket.
That will buy me an Chinese Internet Cowboy Spammer that will make this message board your own personal hell.

You are such a moron!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2006, 12:17:59 PM »
What's your point?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2006, 12:21:20 PM »
What's your point?
:rofl:  :rofl: