Author Topic: Helping kids  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Helping kids
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:40:41 AM »
Ajax13, you inspire me. Really happy you joined our fight, you seem so smart when you post. I am just curious, what do you think we should do with 15 year old crack addicted prostitues that don't want help. Perhaps you should start a center of your own since you know so much. Have you ever had any chemical dependency problems or dealt with addiction in anyway?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
hurting kids
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 05:40:09 AM »
Once again, a typically arrogant sarcastic post from an AARColyte.  There is a picture in a photo album in my house of a 15-year old prostitute, taken in AARC.  Because no one at AARC is trained in any way to deal with such a girl, she simply disappeared when there was no more money available.  
I'm not a social worker, nor a psychologist, nor a psychiatrist.  While that makes me just like a staffer at AARC, it does not make me a person who should deal with a crack-addicted prostitute.  Mind you, if AARC says that she is a crack addict, odds are she is not.
AARC treats middle-class kids whose parents cannot control them, not run-away teen hookers.  While the Wizard of Vause never turned down money to treat anyone he could get through the doors, those teen hookers don't pay off as well as kids whose parents can drop them off in an SUV.
15-year olds turn to crack and prostitution when they have been sexually or otherwise abused.  It's that simple.  AARC would have that child think that self-medicating with drugs is morally wrong, and that's why they should stop.  Ridiculous.  
To treat a 15-year old prostitute, I might start by trying to find out what hurt a child so much that they ended up on the streets.
AARC cannot deal with the issues that would drive a 15-year-old to the streets.  They simply claim she has a disease, which is "cured" through raps about promiscuity and loving drugs.  
Once again, the sheer stupidity of those who defend AARC shines through.  One can see that you view AARC as a lock-down facility to hold kids against their will.  
You don't address the fact that the Wizard of Vause is a fraud with no credentials to treat children, nor anyone else, nor that the staffers at AARC are simply products of the Wiz's personal religion with the same complete lack of psychological and psychiatric education.  You ignore the fact that the host homes are populated with the types of parents who produced kids that ended up in AARC, addicted or not.  
Holding up AARC as the solution to anything is foolish, and if you work for AARC and know that it is a scam, evil.  Since you're posting, anonymously, in favor of AARC you most likely work for them, or you are too ashamed to admit that you went through AARC and bought the cult leader's line.
As for the rest of your post, what does my experience with drugs have to do with the fact that AARC is a cult?
And as for joining your fight, you are an AARC defender, so what is your fight?
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Re: Helping kids
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 03:20:06 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Ajax13, you inspire me. Really happy you joined our fight, you seem so smart when you post. I am just curious, what do you think we should do with 15 year old crack addicted prostitues that don't want help. Perhaps you should start a center of your own since you know so much. Have you ever had any chemical dependency problems or dealt with addiction in anyway?

Ajax is inspiring, You're ignorant, however, or purposefully stupid. We know the story of Straight, inc. clones. Kid's of North Jersey? AARC is no different. No matter what labels AARC, or you, chooses to replace the human being with the abuse will remain wrong. Trust me AARC will burn itself to the ground, we're just going to bring the marshmallows.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Helping kids
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:57:26 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

A 15 year old is likely to become addicted to crack and/or become a prostitute because they've been recruited by a predator and exploited, abused by a predator and/or family, or suffers from poverty and societies neglect. So what would be AARC's solution for saving an victim of such? Take away all their human rights without the outside world knowing, terrify them into believing they'll never be set free again, verbally abuse them, program them by not allowing them time to think and force them into regression more than 6 times per day, and take away years of living amongst the real world so they find it almost impossible to adjust back into society. I was in AARC with 15 year old prostitutes and that's what I saw happen to them. It was far worse abuse than what they experienced on the streets and that's why all of them at one point in time tried escaping AARC to get back to it.

I've known many child victims of sexual exploitation, and they all got out just fine while still out there in the real world. If you really want to know my suggestions on how to help these victims, I have many experiences to share with you.

However AARC typically just takes in whomever's parents have the cash, so how does this relate to anything? Truly "at risk youth" will never have the money to go through a secure treatment centre.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Helping kids
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 05:55:44 AM »
First time poster here. Went through aarc 3 years ago. I don't know what truth there is to all these facts about dr.vause but it don't matter much to me. Even if what you say is true, aarc saved my life, not just phisically but in a directional sense. I was headed no where and didn't see it or care. aarc helped me change my life, i never saw or heard of any abuse while in there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Helping kids
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 05:56:07 AM »
First time poster here. Went through aarc 3 years ago. I don't know what truth there is to all these facts about dr.vause but it don't matter much to me. Even if what you say is true, aarc saved my life, not just phisically but in a directional sense. I was headed no where and didn't see it or care. aarc helped me change my life, i never saw or heard of any abuse while in there.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Helping kids
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 09:15:36 AM »
Yeah Guest the allegations of abuse are true, check out information regarding Kids of North Jersey and Straight inc.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Helping kids
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 01:49:53 PM »
How did AARC save your life "in a directional sense"?   Guess you didn't see the forest for the trees, as every aspect of AARC is abusive.  I ate perogies last night, and this morning I was alive.  I think we can all see that perogies saved my life.  Or maybe the sausage.  This requires further study, but by golly I'm alive today because of something or other.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Training in logic
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 08:40:58 PM »
Good to see ajax pointing out the flaws in thinking that continue to plague the supporters of AARC.
Chances are, of course, the "first time" guest isn't first time at all, or might even be Dr. V. himself.  They always say the same thing, of course -- almost as if they've been programmed.  And the most common suggestion, of course, is the old   post hoc ergo procter hoc argument.  

perogies anyone?

or maybe mashed potatoes?

How about breast milk?