Author Topic: Blue chairs  (Read 2353 times)

Offline MR. Z

• View Profile
Blue chairs
« on: August 07, 2003, 02:50:00 PM »
I don't know if anyone has seen the video "can't stop" by the Chili Peppers. If you have did you see all those blue plastic chairs? I was watching it with my wife and the guitarist started to beat the shit out of the chairs near the end and I gave out a yell of F*** ya!!!... she looked at me like I was nuts......My ass will never sit in a blue plastic chair again.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline KIDSofEP

• View Profile
    • http://www.kidsofelpaso.com
Blue chairs
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »
Finally someone else has noticed the chairs other than me.  I have posted and posted on my bbs at thekidsbbs.com and also here on the 'Joisey' board about them.  No one ever responded.  The vid is also on thier website under "media".  It is eerie to see a white room only contrasted by blue chairs.  Too familiar....see brilliant minds and rush fans think alike!!
:wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Blue chairs
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 10:15:00 PM »
Yeah, I remember throwing a chair or two like the video.  The one scene with nothing but scattered chairs looks like group after a restraint.  I sat on the older fiberglass type blue chairs from Kids of BC... and then there were those lightweight smaller blue chairs at Kids of NJ.  Yeah, blue chairs and beltloops can give me nightmares.

Offline MR. Z

• View Profile
Blue chairs
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 11:11:00 PM »
I'm glad to see people saw that video. I was in kids in the newer building and i Thought that video looked a lot like that last building.... I was in the "new building" from 1991-1994 but I guess they all looked the same.. It's funny but I was in a managers meeting at work and one of the chairs was blue just like the plastic ones from my days and I asked one of the other people to switch chairs with me... Hey its been 9 years since I've been out but those chairs still give me the fear!!!!

Offline MR. Z

• View Profile
Blue chairs
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 11:14:00 PM »
By the way Kids of EP how did you know I liked the group RUSH?????

Offline Kris

• View Profile
Blue chairs
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 10:50:00 AM »
"Blue chairs & beltloops" My husband grabbed me by the back of my pants last week to get me to sit in his lap. I practically went crazy on him, poor guy. It was the weirdest feeling. I had goosebumps all over my arms & the weirdness stayed with me for hours. I begged him to never do that again. I know he thinks I'm nuts but I spent too many years being dragged around by the beltloop to think it's funny now.

Offline KIDSofEP

• View Profile
    • http://www.kidsofelpaso.com
Blue chairs
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2003, 02:20:00 PM »
Well, let's see it may have started when I was in  RUSH to FLY BY NIGHT after I felt A CARESS OF STEEL in the year 2112 where ALL THE WORLD IS A STAGE.  So I said my FAREWELL TO KINGS and dug through the ARCHIVES of both HEMISPHERES to discover PERMANENT WAVES of MOVING PICTURES, then in a hurry I EXIT, STAGE LEFT to receive SIGNALS of GRACE UNDER PRESSURE.  I pushed up the POWER WINDOWS, so HOLD YOUR FIRE and display A SHOW OF HANDS and then PRESTO!  CHRONICLES of ROLL THE BONES and other miscellaneous COUNTERPARTS after A TEST FOR ECHO and RETROSPECTIVES I and II on DIFFERENT STAGES left significant VAPOR TRAILS of THE SPIRIT of RADIO!

Er uh, I guess it's easier said that we have spoke before on the subject, a time or two.  Also, because brilliant minds think alike.  Actually, I cannot comment on your brilliance, but I can say you have a decent taste in music. ::drummer::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Blue chairs
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »
To the dudes or dudettes with the taste for prog rock.A must for your colection is                 PORCUPINE TREE`S latest album(CD) called         IN ABSETENTIA. saw them w/YES and w/ OPETH, most sublime!                                                                       -XGRAD.

Offline ottkat

• View Profile
    • http://www.krimson-news.com/kcnndiaries/crimm_fatale.shtml
Blue chairs
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »
On 2003-08-08 07:50:00, Kris wrote:

""Blue chairs & beltloops" My husband grabbed me by the back of my pants last week to get me to sit in his lap. I practically went crazy on him, poor guy. It was the weirdest feeling. I had goosebumps all over my arms & the weirdness stayed with me for hours. I begged him to never do that again. I know he thinks I'm nuts but I spent too many years being dragged around by the beltloop to think it's funny now."

I don't know if that ever goes away.  Its been more than 20 years since I graduated, and I still get wierd if my beltloop gets grabbed.  Very strange what brings all that time back so vividly.

Kathy

Offline John Olsakovsky

• View Profile
Blue chairs
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2003, 10:09:00 AM »
Agreed.
I say that my favorite, comfy pair of Levis had a broken beltloop in teh back.
I thought that was funny and almost tossed 'em...
But they are SOOOO comfortable...
PFFFFFT!\"
   - Bill the Cat