Author Topic: Surviving Straight Inc. - In Their Own Words  (Read 12025 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Surviving Straight Inc. - In Their Own Words
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 06:10:42 PM »
:D  Shh!

Thanks. :wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BROWNIE

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BSTEVE0044/
Re: Surviving Straight Inc. - In Their Own Words
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 09:37:30 PM »
Quote from: ""Nonconformistlaw""
A new website has been created. Here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/surviving_stra ... /index.htm

I created this site to document many str8 survivor stories (not just mine) in one place..... plus, it bothered me how scattered straight survivor stories are on the 'net for awhile now....

Mine is there along with links to other stories to get it started but I want more people to contribute. If you would like to add your story, check out the Submit Story link. If you submit yours, I will add a page for you and post it as soon as I recieve it.

Eventually there will be many straight survivor stories documented here...This is everyone's site to use...hope to see more stories added soon.

The Bomd!!!!!

Offline BROWNIE

• View Profile
Re: a poem
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 12:06:36 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""dissolver""
Roses are red

Violets are blue

Straight, Inc. was fucked up as all hell!

I love a good poem!

Amen !

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 01:01:23 PM »
[
The Bomd!!!!![/quote]

Word up.

Offline BROWNIE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 02:37:24 PM »
Quote from: ""shrub""
:D  Shh! SHUB B R PRES.

Thanks. :wave:

Offline BROWNIE

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 07:57:22 AM »
Bump

the

la la ................

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHAT THE PROGRAME DID TO MY LIFE
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 08:10:32 AM »
:roll: FIOR STARTERS MY SISTER SHOWED ME SISTER SHOWED ME THIS SITE SHE WENT TO ELAN  AND THEY SAY ALOT OF FUCKED UP SHIT ON YHAT SITE BUT ANY WAYS ,STRAIGHT SCREWED ME UP SO BAD I STILL DEAL WITH ALOT OF THOAE LITTEL DEMONS,THAT PLACE MADE ME SO DEPRESSED WHILE I WAS THERE I TRIED TO KILL MY SELF AND ALMOST DID,I DO NOT EVEN TALK TO MY PARENTS ANY MORE,MY LIFE HAS BEEN HARD I LOST MY ONLY NEPEW TO MURDER WHEN HE WAS FOUR SO I HAD TO GET MY LIFE TOGETHER TO BE THERE FOR MY SISTER,I HAVE A SON WHO IS 12 YEARS OLD BUUT AFTER THE DEATH OF MY NEPEW MY HUSBAND COMMITED SUSIDE AND I FELL BACK INTO DOING DRUGS,I FINALLY GOT CLEAN BECAUSE MY SISTER IS IN LIVER FAILURE AND SHE NEEDS ME,SHE HAS NEVER EVEN DRANK OR DONE DRUGS AND LOSEING A CHILD AND NOW THIS,ALL I CAN SAY THAT PLACE DID NOT HELP ME ONE BIT AND I BELIVE THEY TRIED TO BRAIN WASH ANY ONE WHO WALKED THROUGH THAT DOOR,EVEN THE PARENTS AND SIBLINGS THANK GOD MY SISTER DID NOT LISTEN TO THE SHIT THEY TRIED TO TELL HER AND THAT GOT HER SENT TO ELAN IN MAINE AND I THANK STRAIGHT FOR THAT ONE TOO THEY HAD MY PARENTS SO BRAINED WASHED IT IS NOT EVEN  FUNNY
 :exclaim:  :exclaim:  :exclaim:

Offline BROWNIE

• View Profile
Re: WHAT THE PROGRAME DID TO MY LIFE
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2006, 08:23:41 AM »
Quote from: ""BONNIE HANSEN""
:roll: FIOR STARTERS MY SISTER SHOWED ME SISTER SHOWED ME THIS SITE SHE WENT TO ELAN  AND THEY SAY ALOT OF FUCKED UP SHIT ON YHAT SITE BUT ANY WAYS ,STRAIGHT SCREWED ME UP SO BAD I STILL DEAL WITH ALOT OF THOAE LITTEL DEMONS,THAT PLACE MADE ME SO DEPRESSED WHILE I WAS THERE I TRIED TO KILL MY SELF AND ALMOST DID,I DO NOT EVEN TALK TO MY PARENTS ANY MORE,MY LIFE HAS BEEN HARD I LOST MY ONLY NEPEW TO MURDER WHEN HE WAS FOUR SO I HAD TO GET MY LIFE TOGETHER TO BE THERE FOR MY SISTER,I HAVE A SON WHO IS 12 YEARS OLD BUUT AFTER THE DEATH OF MY NEPEW MY HUSBAND COMMITED SUSIDE AND I FELL BACK INTO DOING DRUGS,I FINALLY GOT CLEAN BECAUSE MY SISTER IS IN LIVER FAILURE AND SHE NEEDS ME,SHE HAS NEVER EVEN DRANK OR DONE DRUGS AND LOSEING A CHILD AND NOW THIS,ALL I CAN SAY THAT PLACE DID NOT HELP ME ONE BIT AND I BELIVE THEY TRIED TO BRAIN WASH ANY ONE WHO WALKED THROUGH THAT DOOR,EVEN THE PARENTS AND SIBLINGS THANK GOD MY SISTER DID NOT LISTEN TO THE SHIT THEY TRIED TO TELL HER AND THAT GOT HER SENT TO ELAN IN MAINE AND I THANK STRAIGHT FOR THAT ONE TOO THEY HAD MY PARENTS SO BRAINED WASHED IT IS NOT EVEN  FUNNY
 :exclaim:  :exclaim:  :exclaim:

STR8 HAD MY BRO. N A N TAKE ROOM 4 3 HRS.  THANK GOD HE DID NOT COME N HE WAZ LIKE 21 @ THE TIME. I STILL WONDER WHAT HE WOULD HAVE DONE ?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006, 09:28:27 AM »
fior starters my sister showed me sister showed me this site she went to elan and they say alot of fucked up shit on yhat site but any ways ,straight screwed me up so bad i still deal with alot of thoae littel demons,that place made me so depressed while i was there i tried to kill my self and almost did,i do not even talk to my parents any more,my life has been hard i lost my only nepew to murder when he was four so i had to get my life together to be there for my sister,i have a son who is 12 years old buut after the death of my nepew my husband commited suside and i fell back into doing drugs,i finally got clean because my sister is in liver failure and she needs me,she has never even drank or done drugs and loseing a child and now this,all i can say that place did not help me one bit and i belive they tried to brain wash any one who walked through that door,even the parents and siblings thank god my sister did not listen to the shit they tried to tell her and that got her sent to elan in maine and i thank straight for that one too they had my parents so brained washed it is not even funny

Offline BROWNIE

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2006, 09:49:41 AM »
Quote from: Guest
fior starters my sister showed me sister showed me this site she went to elan and they say alot of fucked up shit on yhat site but any ways ,straight screwed me up so bad i still deal with alot of thoae littel demons,that place made me so depressed while i was there i tried to kill my self and almost did,i do not even talk to my parents any more,my life has been hard i lost my only nepew to murder when he was four so i had to get my life together to be there for my sister,i have a son who is 12 years old buut after the death of my nepew my husband commited suside and i fell back into doing drugs,i finally got clean because my sister is in liver failure and she needs me,she has never even drank or done drugs and loseing a child and now this,all i can say that place did not help me one bit and i belive they tried to brain wash any one who walked through that door,even the parents and siblings thank god my

I SPENT 3 YEARS N THAT PRIZON. I AM SO SORRY 'BOUT IT ALMOST LED U 2 KILLYOUR-SELF.]

Offline BROWNIE

• View Profile
Re: ALMOST BRAIN WASHED
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 10:17:19 AM »
Quote from: ""bonnie hansen""
I HATED THAT PLACE I WAS THERE FOR WHILE TILL I TRIED TO KILL MYSELF.THAT PLACE FUCKED WITHY MY HEAD.I AM DOING BETTER NOW,BUT THAT PLACE TRIED TO BRAIN WASH ME,ALL STRAIGHT INC DID FOR ME WAS FUCKED UP MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY FAMILY.YEH I MESSED UP FOR AWHILE NOW I WORK AT A DRUG COMPANY NAMED PFIZER.I HAVE A SON AND I AM HAPPY BUT I DO NOT THANK STRAIGHT FOR THAT ONE.
                       BONNIE :cry: [/b]

HATED THAT PLACE I   U SAID IT !

THAT PLACE TOOK A TON OF ENDURENCE.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 05:31:26 PM »
Thought I'd resurrect this thread to see if anyone was still thinking about writing down what happened to them in Straight.

IMO, the more people that write it down the better. Weeding through thousands of posts here can be an overwheming task to those outsiders, reporters etc who do want to inform themselves. My site was to alleviate that problem by having many survivor accounts easly accessible.

I also think the best way to convey what Straight was like is by explaining it from numerous perspectives.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 01:02:49 AM »
This one is pretty powerful, Good site man I'm bookmarking it for when I need to explain this stuff to people.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Nikki

• View Profile
N OWN WORDS
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 09:24:37 AM »
"EVERYONE SHOULD.

hanzomon4"

I'm bookmarking it for when I need to explain this stuff to people.

http://stroke.freeforums.org/index.php? ... 9bf3c85a42

Illuminate the path we tred.

Offline happy

• View Profile
surviving straight
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »
Thanks for the link.
he important thing is to NOT stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them. - Lady Bird Johnson