Author Topic: ODYSSEY TRANSPORT and Dr. Phil?  (Read 19099 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ODYSSEY TRANSPORT and Dr. Phil?
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2006, 03:05:48 PM »
Break up lines

It's not you, it's me = I'm fed up with your shit

I want to see other people = I want to keep you on a string in case my new love doesn't work out

Let's just be friends = I still want you to change the oil in my car and unclog the drains.  Buy me meals sometimes.  No kisses.  Definitely no sex.

I'm in a growing phase = you're a loser, I can do better.

I've found someone else = I've been cheating and am now confident I won't have to do without sex when I leave your ass.

The spark is gone = you've gotten fat.

I need someone who understands my needs = you suck in bed.

I can't handle a long distance relationship now = I've found someone local.

My wife/husband found out = I'm bored.  You suck.

I'm going back to my wife/husband = I'm bored.  You suck.

This just isn't working = I'm fed up with your shit.

There's nothing left anymore = I'm soooo fed up with your shit.

Julie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2006, 05:38:11 PM »
I only go to AA meetings to meet drunk sluts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2006, 12:15:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I only go to AA meetings to meet drunk sluts.

That's called the 13th Step.  Seriously, they all joke about it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2006, 12:32:48 PM »
AA is on its way to become a full fledged religion. They already have their bible, they have over 500 slogans and sayings, it's already setup like a church, and they get hundreds of thousands of court attendees per year. Not a bad setup, Ron Hubbard would be proud.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2006, 12:42:27 PM »
Not on its way....it IS a religion.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2006, 12:52:28 PM »
Twelve Ways to Tell the Difference Between Your Sponsor and Your Therapist.

1. Your sponsor isn't all that interested in the "reasons" you drank.

2. Your therapist thinks your root problem is your lack of self-esteem, negative self-image, and your poor self-concept. Your sponsor thinks your problem is a 3-letter word with no hyphens.

3. Your therapist wants you to pamper your "inner child." Your sponsor thinks he ought to be spanked.

4. Your sponsor thinks your inventory should be about you, not your parents.

5. Speaking of your parents, your sponsor tells you not to confront them, but to apologize to them.

6. The only time your sponsor uses the word "closure," is before the word "mouth."

7. Your sponsor thinks "boundaries" are things you need to take down not build up.

8. Your therapist wants you to love yourself first, your sponsor wants you to love others first.

9. Your therapist prescribes caretaking and medication. Your sponsor prescribes prayer-making and meditation.

10. Your sponsor thinks "anger management skills" are numbered 1-2-3... 12.

11. Now that you haven't had a drink in six months, your therapist thinks you should make a list of your goals and objectives for the next five years, starting with finishing up that college degree. Your sponsor thinks you should start today by cleaning the coffee pots and helping him carry a heavy box of literature to the jail.

12. Your sponsor won't lose his license if he talks about God.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2006, 12:55:52 PM »
*  Note the attacks on you:
          o In item 2, your therapist will diagnose you as lacking self-esteem and having a negative self-image, but A.A. says that you are egotistical, and need to be put down even more.

o Item 3 says that your inner child needs a spanking, and item 5 says that you need to go apologize to your parents, and then the rest of the items try to make you feel even worse about yourself... They really want to burden you with guilt.

* And see how they want to keep you down and in the cult. Item 11 says that you should not think about finishing college -- you should just spend your time on A.A. busy-work like cleaning the coffee pots, and proselytizing and recruiting at the local jail. Heaven Forbid you should go off to college; you might get smart and really recover and not come back to the cult.

(But you know that if you don't go get that college degree, that you will probably be working for minimum wage, or for very low wages, for the rest of your life. And then your job might be outsourced to India or China. What kind of a future is A.A. really offering you? Just a life of poverty-stricken slavery in the cult. Misery loves company, and they want you to stay and keep them company.)

* Also notice how the sarcastic sponsor in that sneering piece of propaganda does not want to know why you drank. (Item 1.) But if you don't figure that out, and fix what's broken, then you will probably relapse. They are increasing the failure rate by their refusal to look at the causes of drinking.

(Well, they think that they already know the real causes of alcoholism: Bill Wilson said that it's really "sin and moral shortcomings and selfishness and self-will and self-reliance and nagging wives driving a man into a fit of anger...")

But this has to be the crown jewel: After yet another relapse, one A.A. member who was a chronic relapser declared:

When I came into A.A. the first time, I just had no feeling for the spiritual and paid no attention to it. But this last time in, I not only recognized that there is something which distinguishes me from a tree but that it is something special that I have to look after, and pay attention to, as I am learning to care for myself.
    The Alcoholics Anonymous Experience: A Close-Up View For Professionals, Milton A. Maxwell, Ph.D., page 86.

http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-not_good.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2006, 01:06:23 PM »
Don't ya just love that guy?  His letters section is great.  People come at him with the most vile comments and threats and he's just as calm as he can be and just posts facts.....and backs every single one up.  Every one.  It's really funny to read those and see how freaked out the AAers get when you question The Great One (either Bill W. or the BB).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The educational angle
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2006, 07:59:41 PM »
Only a few public school districts subsidize all or part of the fees, and your child has to be on an IEP for several years before you can even go to mediation.  The IDEA Laws are to provide a free and appropriate educaion, not to pay for out of district placements.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2006, 10:37:50 AM »
Recover From Twelve-Step Groups

We have a new thirteen-step program to help you recover from the evil influences of too many twelve-step recovery group meetings:

1. Admit that you are powerless over twelve-step meetings -- that your life has become unmanageable. Scream and pass out.

2. Come to believe that only Santa Claus can restore you to sanity.

3. Make a decision to give all of your problems to Santa Claus, as we understand Him.

4. Turn your will and your mind over to the care of Santa Claus. They were worthless anyway. Also stick him with those pesky problems.

5. Make a searching and fearless inventory of your garage. You won't believe the junk you will find in there.

6. Confess to everyone that you can't sing, you can't dance, your butt is too fat, and you have bad breath.

7. Make yourself entirely ready to have Santa Claus fix those defects.

8. Write a letter to Santa Claus, humbly begging him to remove all of your shortcomings.

9. Make a list of all of the people you have pissed off.

10. Go piss them off again.

11. Continue to inventory your garage, and when you find that you are hoarding some really useless junk, promptly admit it.

12. Seek, through your cell phone, to maintain constant contact with Santa Claus, as we understand Him. If you can't get Him, call a psychic hotline. Do whatever the old witch says.

13. Make twenty copies of this letter, put your name at the bottom, and send them to all of your friends.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I think I found the transport service Dr. Phil actually uses
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2007, 11:12:36 AM »
Scratch that, I just found out that New Start Transports has worked with more than two of the Dr Phil show guests and even received an on air acknowledgement from Dr. Phil personally.  I guess New Start Transports seems to be prefered by the Dr Phil show over the other youth transport services.