Author Topic: looking for info  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
looking for info
« on: July 27, 2006, 03:53:24 AM »
Hi everyone. i am looking to speak to as many alumni from as many programmes as possible as I am researching the industry with a focus on the kids who go through it. If you wish to speak to me you can pm me here or send me an email @
[email protected]
 :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: looking for info
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 10:01:49 PM »
Quote from: ""Pls help""
Hi everyone. i am looking to speak to as many alumni from as many programmes as possible as I am researching the industry with a focus on the kids who go through it. If you wish to speak to me you can pm me here or send me an email @
[email protected]

Researching for what? You need to understand that many of us had terrible experiences at Hyde and don't with to speak to a stranger about it.  Please tell us more about you and your reserach.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: looking for info
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 06:36:23 AM »
[email protected]

would you please let us know more about what kind of research project you are conducting and who is sponsoring it?  i am very interested in sharing information about my very negative experience at hyde.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
looking for info
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 09:41:54 AM »
I am afraid nobody is sponsoring it except me. i am thinking of writing a book about the experiences of the children who are sent to private institutional therapy and what becomes of them. i do not know what shape or form it will take yet as i am still doing a lot of background research.

Essentially i feel that the idea of locking up anyone is a breach of human rights. I am a little surprised that there has not been more international exposure of this issue. So far none of my research has lead me to change my mind but who knows? I am looking to speak to as many people with direct involvement as possible. Particularly ex students as they are the ones who have been "educated" and helped? within this system. No matter what your experience was i am all ears. Elan is interesting because it has been around a long time and has some level of infamy because of the Skatel Moxley case. Hyde also interests me because its educational style seems extremely experimental and I am interested in what it's former students feel they got out of it. If anonymity is an issue for you, i am ok with that.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
looking for info
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 06:46:22 PM »
I am afraid nobody is sponsoring it except me. i am thinking of writing a book about the experiences of the children who are sent to private institutional therapy and what becomes of them. i do not know what shape or form it will take yet as i am still doing a lot of background research.

Essentially i feel that the idea of locking up anyone is a breach of human rights. I am a little surprised that there has not been more international exposure of this issue. So far none of my research has lead me to change my mind but who knows? I am looking to speak to as many people with direct involvement as possible. Particularly ex students as they are the ones who have been "educated" and helped? within this system. No matter what your experience was i am all ears. Elan is interesting because it has been around a long time and has some level of infamy because of the Skatel Moxley case. Hyde also interests me because its educational style seems extremely experimental and I am interested in what it's former students feel they got out of it. If anonymity is an issue for you, i am ok with that.

Hyde is a school, not a lockup program.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
looking for info
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 07:10:17 PM »
So email or PM me and tell me more about your experiences. I am interested in all "therapudic" schools

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
looking for info
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 01:14:05 PM »
it's not a therapy school...

go to another thread.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
looking for info
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 06:26:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

go to another thread.

Who said Hyde is a "school?"  Are you nuts?  I was at Hyde and believe me Hyde is not a regular school. For that matter, Hyde's education was a joke, so how can you call it a school.  The majority of Hyde's student population were kids with varying problems, from drugs to bulimia to all kinds of serious psychological problems.  Mainstream schools do not have the punishments that Hyde does nor do they get away with all that Hyde does as there are state rules that regular schools have to follow to ensure the safety of kids. So, PLEASE stop the kidding yourself about Hyde being a regular school!!  

Hyde doesn't know what they are.  They try to help kids who have therapuetic problems, yet they aren't a therapuetic school nor do they have therapists available.  They try to say they are a college prep yet their education is sorely lacking and many teachers don't have state teaching degrees. So what is Hyde?  I still stand by the fact that they are not a mainstream school.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
looking for info
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 06:39:04 AM »

go to another thread.

Who said Hyde is a "school?"  Are you nuts?  I was at Hyde and believe me Hyde is not a regular school. For that matter, Hyde's education was a joke, so how can you call it a school.  The majority of Hyde's student population were kids with varying problems, from drugs to bulimia to all kinds of serious psychological problems.  Mainstream schools do not have the punishments that Hyde does nor do they get away with all that Hyde does as there are state rules that regular schools have to follow to ensure the safety of kids. So, PLEASE stop the kidding yourself about Hyde being a regular school!!  

Hyde doesn't know what they are.  They try to help kids who have therapuetic problems, yet they aren't a therapuetic school nor do they have therapists available.  They try to say they are a college prep yet their education is sorely lacking and many teachers don't have state teaching degrees. So what is Hyde?  I still stand by the fact that they are not a mainstream school.

You are exactly right.  I was at Hyde too and couldn't say it any better.  I think Hyde is in the middle of a major identity crisis.  The school knows it has a problem.  It tries to pretend that it's all about character education and can provide a "normal" pre-college education.  But EVERYONE involved with Hyde, and who is honest, knows that most of Hyde's students come to the school, or are forced to go there, because of their huge psychological and behavior problems.  Despite that, Hyde denies that these students need professional help from mental health professionals at the school.  Some students see outside counselors, but most don't.  This just doesn't make any sense, which is why Hyde has such major problems and so many people decide it's the wrong place for them.  I can't understand why the people running Hyde haven't figured out what the rest of us know, that it doesn't make sense to have a "troubled teen" student body without the services to help them.  There's a lot of denial at Hyde.  Besides that, the educational quality is sorely lacking and isn't a solid foundation for college, believe me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
looking for info
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 10:48:50 PM »

go to another thread.

You are exactly right.  I was at Hyde too and couldn't say it any better.  I think Hyde is in the middle of a major identity crisis.  The school knows it has a problem.  It tries to pretend that it's all about character education and can provide a "normal" pre-college education.  But EVERYONE involved with Hyde, and who is honest, knows that most of Hyde's students come to the school, or are forced to go there, because of their huge psychological and behavior problems.  Despite that, Hyde denies that these students need professional help from mental health professionals at the school.  Some students see outside counselors, but most don't.  This just doesn't make any sense, which is why Hyde has such major problems and so many people decide it's the wrong place for them.  I can't understand why the people running Hyde haven't figured out what the rest of us know, that it doesn't make sense to have a "troubled teen" student body without the services to help them.  There's a lot of denial at Hyde.  Besides that, the educational quality is sorely lacking and isn't a solid foundation for college, believe me.

Hey no trouble.  Unusual people like me go there.  Not troubled, different.  Don't try to hang that sign on me baby. You the one that troubled mother f*****, oh shut your mouth.

Damn Right

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
looking for info
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 09:51:45 PM »
Isn't denial a river in Egypt?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
looking for info
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 10:23:45 AM »
You the one that troubled mother f*****, oh shut your mouth.

Damn Right[/quote]

Shaft...John Shaft...

Did I get it right?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
looking for info
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 10:49:43 AM »
Right on!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile