Author Topic: Invisible  (Read 5559 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 07:34:04 PM »
... :rofl: ...Thanks, L'n'F but I think they'd pro'ly just call the cops if I did that.

There is a girl next door I would like to impress though...anh...I'll think about it.... 8) ... :lol...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Invisible
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 07:35:18 PM »
Quote from: ""lostnfound""

Sometimes, I wish I could go be a hermit and live in a cave on a mountain somewhere. Too bad it's not practical.

My plan is to within 5 years be able to sell the house, buy a bigger boat and live aboard.  That way we can pack up and move whenever we want, drop anchor where ever we feel like it and stay as long or as little as we want.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 08:01:20 PM »
Cave, Alaska, mountain, Belize....All of it sounds good to me! When do we leave? lol...  :P

ps, I don't see an email icon ><  Eudora

LostandFound!  Hey  :D  

Oh, so i decided my family has created a tiny twisted cult of family members.. and my Mom is the Ring leader.... It's really weird and twisted >< They are making my niece and nephew like Straightlings! It's spooky and gross  :evil:  I want to stop it, but I can't   ::soapbox::

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Invisible
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 08:24:16 PM »
Excuse me, but I'm not so sure we're paranoid so much as prescient when it comes to wondering and worrying about what people might be thinking of us. I think the thing that sets us apart from most other Americans and makes it hard to find any understanding or resonance about this is that most people haven't been held captive and tortured for years based on their neurotic parents' and other allegedly responsible adults' highly unpleasant flights of fancy and gossip about them.

In other words, what they thought of us and the fact that they found support for their fantasies among ther fellow toughlove hategroup members. Sometimes, people act on those thoughts. Ask any jewish person who's family came over from Germany before or during WWII if it's irrational to worry about what people think of you.

Is it paranoid, Str8survivorVA, to wonder and worry just a little what that nut case, John Poindexter, might be doing with all that data he's collected in his data mining projects? Is Judge Anna Diggs Taylor paranoid for worrying about what the Büsh people might make of the data they've collected illegally on international communications?

It's frustrating sometimes. I'm so keen to these things that ppl around me don't even notice. I always go hyper vigilant whenever an officer of the law approaches me or shows interest, having been cuffed and stuffed a few times early on in life.

Not too long ago, the whole family got pulled over inside a county park. This particular park is patroled by park police who have put on the Wackenhut colors; dark green and gold on a white field--same colors as Broward and most of the other high population counties in Florida, as well as Los Angeles and a few others I've noticed on the news from time to time. Can't remember what he pulled us for, some lame excuse like going 5 mi over the spd limit or some such.

But I had a decent vantage point from the passenger seat in that I could see most of his body, but not his face. More importantly, he couldn't observe my face or track what I was looking at, so I was free to focus on what I could see unselfconciously. Just as he came up to the window, I saw his posture tense and his hand go to the ready position near his holster. I just about pissed my pants. Then he relaxed right away and reverted to a SOP posture and demeanor. [whew!]

I don't know what set him off, Bill's beard and somewhat mideastern looking features, maybe? Maybe just that we had the girls' boyfriends with us and tinted windows, so he realized or sensed that he was outnumbered 3-1 by healthy adult males when he probably was expecting a van full of women and children. Maybe something subliminal that the cop wouldn't even have been able to put a finger on. Who the hell knows?

But no one else in the car even noticed. Good thing, too, cause I got the distince impression that it was Bill's demeanor that put the guy at ease. Good thing I wasn't driving or we might have found out what was on the guy's mind. Everybody else had a pretty good time that day, tossing the football around and such. I tried hard to enjoy it, but it was too late. I spent the entire afternoon moving beer cans behind other objects so they couldn't be easily seen by passers by, looking around for clues as to why the park police seemed to be extra vigilant and trying to figure out what they were up to, etc.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

dragonfly

Invisible
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 08:36:42 PM »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 08:36:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Cave, Alaska, mountain, Belize....All of it sounds good to me! When do we leave? lol...  :P

Ready when you are!

ps, I don't see an email icon Eudora
Right at the foot of each post by a registered user there's an icon for each means of contact they provide, plus PM for private message.

They are making my niece and nephew like Straightlings! It's spooky and gross  :evil:  I want to stop it, but I can't   ::soapbox::

I think the best you can do is stay close to the kids and clue them in any way you can that you understand and are on their side. I think if I had had one sane adult do that for me when I was young, it would have made a world of difference. Of course, it sort of nixes the idea of permanent escape to Alaska. But we all must make choices in life.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 08:39:26 PM »
Quote from: ""dragonfly""
America IS Straight!!!!!

Yup...  :tup:

Offline lostnfound

• View Profile
Re: Invisible
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 09:12:09 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Yeah, funny thing about that.  My dad took absolutely no responsibility for how I "turned out" (according to him) but when my oldest went through her crazy-scare-the-shit-out-of-mom stage it was completely my fault, according to him.   Then when she got through it and was fine, I had absolutely nothing to do with that, according to him.[/quote

I was in the complete opposite position - my father took responsibility.  He's spent more time in therapy then I have - still goes twice a week!  It makes him almost bearable to deal wtih.  Of course, I still don't trust him & will never leave my child alone with him!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 09:19:26 AM »
Hell, my dad would never offer to watch my kids...what, are ya kiddin' me?

Offline lostnfound

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2006, 09:32:12 AM »
Quote from: ""Eudora""
Excuse me, but I'm not so sure we're paranoid so much as prescient when it comes to wondering and worrying about what people might be thinking of us. I think the thing that sets us apart from most other Americans and makes it hard to find any understanding or resonance about this is that most people haven't been held captive and tortured for years based on their neurotic parents' and other allegedly responsible adults' highly unpleasant flights of fancy and gossip about them.

In other words, what they thought of us and the fact that they found support for their fantasies among ther fellow toughlove hategroup members. Sometimes, people act on those thoughts. Ask any jewish person who's family came over from Germany before or during WWII if it's irrational to worry about what people think of you.

No, I don't think that it's paranoia.  My grandfather was a POW in Germany for 8 months (until the end of the war).  While he was a POW, he became disabled physically - he had dislocated his shoulder and the Germans didn't pop it back into joint so all the mussels in his arm died.  He lost 100% use of his hand. It looked like a dead limb just hanging on his body.  He spent a lot of time during my child hood keeping to himself (gardening; rock gardens, veggie and flower gardens; they were amazing!!).  He was a vary private, non-"sharing" kind of man.  But at the same time, he didn't let his concerns about what other people thought about him stop him from doing what needed to be done.  As a result, he died a successful man with 7 patent in his name, his family by his side and a lot of friends around him who loved him.  

However, I think that what we went through was a little different.  He volunteered for duty - We did not.  He came home to a warm, unconditional loving welcome - we did not.  Most of us continued for some time to have to live by the same rules as when we were in straight.  If we did not, we would be ostracized all over again.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2006, 11:18:31 AM »
Quote from: ""lostnfound""
However, I think that what we went through was a little different. He volunteered for duty - We did not. He came home to a warm, unconditional loving welcome - we did not. Most of us continued for some time to have to live by the same rules as when we were in straight. If we did not, we would be ostracized all over again.

That's the nut of it right there. Everybody knows and no one would deny that a combat vet or former POW had a rough god damned time. Nobody doubts that at all. Us, on the other hand? Just a pack of lying, manipulative, loathsome, ungrateful druggies. Nobody believes us.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 11:28:50 AM »
Yeah and who says that the war vet's "welcome back" is ~always that great anyway..? Gimme a break....

Offline lostnfound

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 04:42:03 PM »
Quote from: ""51 7""
Yeah and who says that the war vet's "welcome back" is ~always that great anyway..? Gimme a break....

WWII vets got a better reception the Vietnam vets.  There will always be the people that are totally against any war.  But what kind of welcome home did you get when you got out of straight?