Author Topic: Invisible  (Read 5596 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Invisible
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:05:50 AM »
The effects of $tr8 can be so overwhelming and yet so subtle.  I haven't been workin' lately.  It's been almost 2 months since I've worked.  I'm not so much lazy, although I'll have to admit to havin' a lazy streak, but I've mostly been a laborer all my life, that is, when I'm not hidin' out wishin I was invisible or somethin'.  

I was talkin' to an old friend yesterday, explaining to him that it aint that I'm lazy or don't wanta do the work, but that I'm just real uncomfortable with the idea that the homeowners may be inside their house watchin me work.  I don't even feel like cutting the few lawns I still have left, here in the neighborhood.  I don't trust any of these people and I don't want them to see me.

My neighbors houses are only about 20' from mine.  Lotsa times I don't even want to walk around in my backyard because I fear someone is watchin' me.  Lookin' outtta their windows, observin' me.

I asked my friend out loud: "Why do I feel so uncomfortable ??  What is it that's bothering me ??"

As soon as I asked him those questions out loud I realized how I had absolutely no privacy in $tr8.  Especially on first phase, which I spent 10 months on.  I mean really it's no wonder I don't want to be seen or watched or observed by anyone.  How many times have I been systematically humilliated and degraded, especially in the bathroom, and when I was on 'consequences' it was especially bad because I had to ask for each square of toilet paper seperately with the words: "By the courtesy of your humble host-home may I please have a piece of toilet paper" !!!!!!!!!!  How fuckin degrading and humilliating!!!!!!!

I told my friend about $tr8, which he had heard a little bit about before, so he was somewhat familliar with the place, and even explained to him how I had no privacy in the bathroom and even told him about how I had to ask for each sheet of toilet paper with those words.  He sympathized with me but couldn't help laughin a little at the image of me bein' such a pussy.  I almost regret tellin' him, but fuck it, maybe he will understand a little better why I'm "different".

I've always had trouble keepin' a job.  For the last 10 years I haven't even applied for a "real" job.  I've been self-employed, as a ditch-digger/landscaper type guy.  I don't have the mental stability to be the kind of man who shows up to the same job with the same people everyday.  Eventually I get freaked out and stop showin' up.  I try to force myself to go.  That's the advice I get from the 'regular' people who all seem to be able to keep a steady job, but my aversion to people is so strong...that even the need to make money can't over-ride my psychology, and it's weird because I am actually quite capable of sustaining deep and intimate friendships, but I am extremely selective with the people who I choose to be friends with.

Anyway my point was that all the humilliation and degradation I suffered in $tr8 is like a dirty secret that I don't even want to address,  but if I don't I am left wondering: "what's wrong with me ??  Why am I so fucked up ??  Why can't I go to work ?? " and so on.  It really helped me a lot yesterday just to admit out loud to my friend all the trouble I have.  As soon as I asked my questions out loud in front of him the answers came to me.  It's really a huge problem because not working means no money.  I've been struggeling like this all of my adult life.  I'm tired.

It's just so strange to think that I understand the obvious crimes, the serial mind-rape, that I suffered in $tr8 and yet am puzzled by my inablity to function consistently in society.  It's not that I can't work at all but that it fucks me up just enough to keep me in trouble.

It's really even a lot more than just that.  The scars and unhealed wounds I carry from the humilliation and degradation are just one aspect of the overall trauma.  I exhibit many of the emotional and psychological symptoms of a rape victim.  I have been told by my psychologist that I show signs of PTSD

What a fuckin' mess.

Sorry, I don't even know if this is making sense to anyone.  I wish I could be invisible.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Gah

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 11:41:52 AM »
I know just what you mean. If it helps any, I have not been able to keep a job for more than 1 year. I am good to get past 3 months. I have come accross a job with a company that I can work at home. It's not one of those stay at home scam jobs. Its a satilite company here in town. I wonder how long this job will work for me? I know that I am perinoid because of fear of humiliation, but I dunno how to get over it. I see people from Straight having great jobs for years. I dunno how they do it, maybe some people find ways to avoid the past, Some are stuck and cant get out and others have found a way through the mess. I am stuck in the middle? I am tired of swimming too, Im ready to get out of the water.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 01:23:58 PM »
Thanks Gah.  I too am completely baffled by the way so-called 'normal' people seem to be able to function consistently.  And I have absolutely no idea how $tr8 survivors can go to college or have a career, let alone keep a steady job.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Invisible
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 05:50:19 PM »
Quote from: ""starry-eyed pirate""
 And I have absolutely no idea how $tr8 survivors can go to college or have a career, let alone keep a steady job.

I think that suppressing memories and dissociative amnesia has a lot to do with how I have been able to do those things...and then therapy in the past year helped a lot too. Hang in there Pirate!  ::rainbow::
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 10:08:47 PM »
Quote from: ""Nonconformistlaw""
Quote from: ""starry-eyed pirate""
 And I have absolutely no idea how $tr8 survivors can go to college or have a career, let alone keep a steady job.

I think that suppressing memories and dissociative amnesia has a lot to do with how I have been able to do those things...

Hey, maybe I should try that! :idea:

Somebody get the Men in Black to wipe my mind clean with their memory erasure thing so I can get on with my life.   :D

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Invisible
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 03:50:33 PM »
Pirate, that makes a whole lot of sense to me right now. I've just had the damndest time finding a comfortable get along w/ some of the nicest people I've ever met. W/ the exception of one sister, who's just incredibly awsome (not the one you mentioned, haven't had that much time w/ her yet) I'm just sort of at a loss, feeling under scrutiny when I'm probably really not and not knowing how to connect. It sucks big time. Even all these years of living later, this bullshit is still making me stumble and trip. I'm pissed, but not really at anybody. Just.... FUCK!

But get out there anyway, do those lawns, work your ass off and smile. If anybody's watching, well maybe they'll get lucky and learn something about grace under fire and living well.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 04:14:25 PM »
If Pirate mowed mt lawn, I would watch him. He is Hawt!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »
Maybe you are afraid that you will not meet people's expectations and therefore do not want to be watched. One way to deal with this is to actually meet the worst  expectations you think  they have. For example, next time you are landscaping, drop your pants and fondle yopurself, get on all fours and bark like a mad dog at the house, and then do naked cartwheels across the lawn. Surely it could not get any worse than that, so you would have that going for you, which is nice.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 05:52:14 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Hawt!

No offense to pirate, but where the fuck did "hawt" come from? Is that some sort of valley-girlish type thing?  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 05:56:43 PM »
Sarcastic/Nerd talk for "hot"  :P

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 05:57:22 PM »
In the late 1940's and early 1950's "hawt" was an acronym for "having a wonderful time." It was eventually stolen by scenester fucks to mean,"sexy" or "attractive" because of the downfall of american youth.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 06:01:15 PM »
Oh, ok.. glad we cleared that up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 07:40:14 PM »
invisible, yes. paranoid, yes.

- another straight survivor

p.s. not a godam veteran of a war. w/e with that, don't know if this board joined the "alumni" in ideology or what. vet implies i signed up. none of us signed up for that shit. we could not possibly sign up for that shit because straight was closed. you couldn't see into it until you were IN it. i am a former unwilling, unrepentant prisoner. straight conned me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Invisible
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 07:45:52 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
i

p.s. not a godam veteran of a war. w/e with that, don't know if this board joined the "alumni" in ideology or what. vet implies i signed up. none of us signed up for that shit. we could not possibly sign up for that shit because straight was closed. you couldn't see into it until you were IN it. i am a former unwilling, unrepentant prisoner. straight conned me.

:tup: