Author Topic: Hyde School is doing a lot of things right.  (Read 8347 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School is doing a lot of things right.
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 07:31:47 PM »
If someone is just disgruntled, who cares except them?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 08:43:39 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

If you're disgruntled, take your business elsewhere and live your life. If you're trying to justify it by coming here and whining and bitching and looking for others to whine and bitch with you, you're holding yourself back from moving on. And I don't thing anyone with much intelligence would take seriously the crap that flows from this site. I certainly don't, but I do find it amusing...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 03:34:27 PM »
Let's try and keep this meaningful...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2006, 11:12:35 AM »
Most of what is here is crap...don't see much meaningful except the rants of losers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 10:49:14 AM »
You have to look very closely to find anything reasonable.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 05:16:19 AM »
Hyde is not exactly a reasonable place!   :em:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 09:45:22 AM »

If you're disgruntled, take your business elsewhere and live your life. If you're trying to justify it by coming here and whining and bitching and looking for others to whine and bitch with you, you're holding yourself back from moving on. And I don't thing anyone with much intelligence would take seriously the crap that flows from this site. I certainly don't, but I do find it amusing...

The process of bitching and whining is part of the process of healing and moving on.  An experience like Hyde, which of it's own spin, is not normal leaves marks on your life.  If your indoctrination into the Gauld Cabal of Character works in your life, then good for you.  The problem is it does not work for most.  Only a fraction of those that survive the process to graduation are deemed worthy of diplomas and many never make it that far.  Those that fail are told it is because they are some how deficient, which IMHO is a bunch of crap and has caused damage in the name of growth and healing.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
I second the comments of the last poster.  And I would also go so far as to apply them to those for whom Hyde has been an alledgedly positive experience.  Coercion, which is the blandest way I can put it, will -- sooner or later -- have its price.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 03:12:36 PM »
It's weird to me to see Program people come on here and describe Fornits participants as "losers."

Their definition of "loser" seems to be: "Someone who is a vocal Program critic."

Or, more accurately, their definition of loser seems to be: "Someone who's saying things I don't want to hear."

There's no objective definition of "loser" that seems to apply to the disillusioned Program survivors on Fornits. One of the Program survivors is a millionare--no thanks to the Program. Ginger is a successful small business owner--no thanks to the Program.

I can cite all kinds of financial and professional success various Program critics on Fornits have had. I'm not the only one who's racked up substantial bragging right in my professional life.

That's nice, but I think the real measure of our success in life is our ability to form and sustain close, long-term relationships with other people. Also, our success can be measured in the extent to which our moral, ethical, and spiritual development motivates us to seek to alleviate the suffering of people weaker and more vulnerable than ourselves.

The Program critics on Fornits almost universally have strong and well-developed moral and ethical beliefs, and a deep sense of responsibility to challenge injustice and seek to improve the lot in life of people who we believe are suffering.

Very likely, most Program critics engage in substantial charity and volunteering unrelated to their advocacy here---charity and volunteering for which they neither seek nor get money, recognition, or credit. We seek healthy opportunities to alleviate the suffering of those weaker and more vulnerable for their own sake.

A whole lot of the Program critics on Fornits have healthy, deep, human relationships--whether with a spouse, long-term friends, their children, extended family members, or one or more members of their childhood immediate family. We know this because many of us have come to know each other and have talked in passing about various of our loved ones in our lives. We critics' success in building and maintaining close bonds with chosen loved ones is probably near universal.

By those measures, arguably the very best measures of success in life, NONE of these Program critics are "losers."

Comparatively, Program Shills' personal lives rarely seem to pass the sniff test.

Julie