Author Topic: Focal Point Academy Mesquite Nevada  (Read 9013 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Focal Point Academy Mesquite Nevada
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
Wonder why she is baiting...if she really wanted this to go away, you would think she would stop blogging ridiculous inaccurate data.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 02:00:31 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
What happened to
http://suescheffobsession.blogspot.com/ ... -next.html

Sue Scheff - People who are Obsessed
Authorities are now calling it "Internet Terrorism" - A new growing concern in Cyberspace
Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sue Scheff - "What will they do next?"
I have read claims, Blogs, and horrific postings about my organization and myself being served a lawsuit - this is not true.  :o Neither myself nor the other defendants listed on what they are posting have received any such lawsuit. If there is a lawsuit, we certainly don't know about it and you
would think the defendants should have it? This is a further campaign to discredit me which has recently escalated since I will be on 20/20 i-Caught this evening and the Judge in my case upheld the $11.3M
Judgment after the defendant, Carey Bock, attempted to have it set aside.
Freedom of Speech is still in place, but it doesn't condone defamation.
This type of malicious conduct on the Internet proves why Reputation Defender is a priceless service.

Posted by PURE by Sue Scheff at 5:13 AM

Labels: Carey Bock, Green v Sue Scheff, Internet
Defamation, Internet Terrorism, MyEdge, Parents Universal
Resource Experts, PURE, Reputation Defender, Sue Scheff
Lawsuit, Sue Scheff v Carey Bock

I was going to post the link to the suit over there but it's gone.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth About Merri?
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 04:36:45 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
MERRI CISERELLA- Residential Life Director. Previously employed at various programs for youth, both in the juvinile justice system and in private treatment. As a supervisor, Merri was responsible for working one-on-one with the students, monitoring group therapy and acting as a parent advocate. Merri's tenure and experience working with at-risk youth allows us to offer "Best-of-Class" service for all those involved with Focal Point Academy. Merri attended the University of Utah.

Yes seems like a nice person and all.. spending hours upon hours with young men to help them better themselves. But my friend that went there spent more than just one on one time with her if you know what i mean. No wonder why she wanted this position. To do what ever her sexual needs wanted. Merri Ciserella is a disgrace!

Those are some very slanderous allegations against Merri, I would like to know what kind of proof you have of this?  If these allegations are true why was a complaint not made to the police about this?  Also if these allegations are true then why has focal point chosen to keep her on thier staff?  The above comment portrays Merri as a kind, professional, and experienced individual who has been working in this field for quite a while.  You yourself agree with this in the begining of your comments.  It seems to me that she is trying to help these kids get back on track.  Could it be possible that your friend just had a bad experience and is using accusations in retaliation?  If not Merri should be behind bars since these kids are underage.

I am considering sending my son to focal point and i would like to get some answers to these questions because i would like to send him somewhere to get him help, not to mess him up more.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 06:08:25 PM »
Then you might want to read the complaint for the pending lawsuit. Take Merri out of the equation and this program still has numerous red flags.

Glen Horlacher- Owner
Shaquel Cannon, Program Director & Co-owner
Boyd Hooper- Admissions

Their website is apparently down. I couldn?t get it to load.

Licensed as a "Foster Home" Opened 1 Nov 04
http://www.mesquitenv.com/emplibrary/Bu ... 063006.pdf

Yet, advertise at ST as an RTC- for boys, ages 13-17, suffering from depression, low self-esteem, oppositional defiance, drug or alcohol abuse, family conflict, learning disabilities and/ or adoption issues. Students are accepted into the program from a variety of settings including home, wilderness, prep school, etc. Each student is individually assessed for treatment and educational planning.
http://www.strugglingteens.com/artman/p ... 5281.shtml

And elsewhere as a Substance Abuse Treatment Center
http://www.caring4youth.org/990.html

Since when do Foster homes diagnose and treat "mental illness" and substance abuse?
Red Flag! Sounds like they're flying under the radar.

Found that they took out a $289,000 loan in June 05
http://www.sba.gov/loans/businessdetail ... busnv.html

Now to the players:

BOYD HOOPER- consultant (Ed Con) for PURE
Boyd Hooper
PR/Consultant
Family180
http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... 0404vr.htm
Boyd?s also AD for Storm Ridge Ranch, Utah
http://www.stormridge.com/
And Pathway Academy, Utah
http://pathwayacademy.com/

GLEN HORLACHER- MS, MFT. 15 years experience with youth in private practive, court systems, and non-profit organizations. Continues to work closely with judges, case workers, and families in designing appropriate activities, programs, and work shops for troubled teens. Glen received his bachelors from Southern Utah University and his masters from University of Nevada Las Vegas.

SHAQUEL CANNON- a wealth of experience from the Juvinile Justice System for the State of Utah. For over 10 years, Shaquel was given unprecedented latitude in creating programs and activities designed to help kids to return home with new attitudes adn beliefs in themselves. Attended The University of Utah.

KELLEE HORLACHER- MS, Education Director. Licensed teacher, 10 years in both public and private.
Yet, she?s listed as a K-8 teacher in Las Vegas, Nv.
http://www.odysseyk12.org/K8/acontact/

MERRI CISERELLA- Residential Life Director. Previously employed at various programs for youth, both in the juvinile justice system and in private treatment. As a supervisor, Merri was responsible for working one-on-one with the students, monitoring group therapy and acting as a parent advocate. Merri's tenure and experience working with at-risk youth allows us to offer "Best-of-Class" service for all those involved with Focal Point Academy. Merri attended the University of Utah.

Posted and employment ad in July for a School Teacher and Counselors
http://www.uklug.co.uk/jobs_by_keyword/ ... -jobs.html
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: The Truth About Merri?
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2007, 06:21:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Considering Parent""

Yes seems like a nice person and all.. spending hours upon hours with young men to help them better themselves. But my friend that went there spent more than just one on one time with her if you know what i mean. No wonder why she wanted this position. To do what ever her sexual needs wanted. Merri Ciserella is a disgrace!

Those are some very slanderous allegations against Merri, I would like to know what kind of proof you have of this?  If these allegations are true why was a complaint not made to the police about this?  Also if these allegations are true then why has focal point chosen to keep her on thier staff?  The above comment portrays Merri as a kind, professional, and experienced individual who has been working in this field for quite a while.  You yourself agree with this in the begining of your comments.  It seems to me that she is trying to help these kids get back on track.  Could it be possible that your friend just had a bad experience and is using accusations in retaliation?  If not Merri should be behind bars since these kids are underage.

I am considering sending my son to focal point and i would like to get some answers to these questions because i would like to send him somewhere to get him help, not to mess him up more.

You may also want to visit the place, talk to some of the kids/staff that are there and get the phone numbers of parents who have been thru the system... parents will give you the real lowdown on what the place was like and how the school helped (or didnt help) their child.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2007, 08:35:17 PM »
If you do visit the place please bring a laser designator that will allow the USAF to deliver precision munitions onto the staff office.

Thank You,
Che Gookin

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 08:44:35 PM »
You call down the thunder, and I'll reap the whirlwind.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2007, 07:28:35 PM »

My son attended FPA.  I would be happy to talk to you.  I know Merri and the claim that she slept with a boy at FPA is ludicrous.  You will find that if you say anything positive about a program in this forum you will be attacked.  The belief here is that there are no good programs.  That's fine as everyone is entitled to their own opinion and there are many people on this list who are justified in their opinions.  You can be certain there will be negative responses to this post I am writing.  When I posted before there were suspicians that I was undercover as Izzy.  Talk about paranoid.

You can send me a private email and I will respond.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2007, 08:14:08 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2007, 08:15:09 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2007, 08:16:31 PM »
No, this NEEDS to be here.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2007, 08:43:12 PM »
Quote from: ""a mom""

My son attended FPA.  I would be happy to talk to you.  I know Merri and the claim that she slept with a boy at FPA is ludicrous.  You will find that if you say anything positive about a program in this forum you will be attacked.  The belief here is that there are no good programs.  That's fine as everyone is entitled to their own opinion and there are many people on this list who are justified in their opinions.  You can be certain there will be negative responses to this post I am writing.  When I posted before there were suspicians that I was undercover as Izzy.  Talk about paranoid.

Even the best schools are not successful with everyone and there are some kids who are just angry with being forced to follow a rigid schedule, attend school, eat at predetermined times etc. and they would like to get even with the school any way they can, even by slandering them sometimes…. Others just plain had bad experiences… most are good kids that are just trying to blow off steam, I wouldn’t take it too seriously…..also keep in mind that every school is different, each child is different.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2007, 09:32:08 PM »

<bgsound>

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2007, 10:12:36 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Quote from: ""a mom""

Even the best schools are not successful with everyone and there are some kids who are just angry with being forced to follow a rigid schedule, attend school, eat at predetermined times etc. and they would like to get even with the school any way they can, even by slandering them sometimes…. Others just plain had bad experiences… most are good kids that are just trying to blow off steam, I wouldn’t take it too seriously…..also keep in mind that every school is different, each child is different.

Hmmm