Author Topic: Straight INC. Movie on youtube.com  (Read 17916 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight INC. Movie on youtube.com
« on: August 11, 2006, 07:20:35 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 07:25:54 AM »
or just go to www.youtube.com and type in "Straight Inc."

This movie sucks!

Who made it?

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 09:05:05 AM »
Firstly I think its a valiant attempt to express the idea of what the program was like emotionally, however abstract the creator felt they needed to be in order to get this point across....what we endured however, does not usually beg abstraction in order to get it.  I found myself trying to understand the artists vision on a topic that I already clearly understood, but Im a survivor so my perspective is modifed to begin with.

In my opinion, a true artist is someone who can create a vision that triggers all different types of understanding, amoungst all different types of people.  The viewer does not have to struggle to enter the mind of the artist to get his/her meaning, the artist creates an environment where the viewer can clearly see the point, however possibly in a new light or with new perception.  So many people I have met who fancy themselves "creatives" are usually nothing more than hopelessly self absorbed and bent only on creating their own pain so that they might have something to "create" about.  They think they need to change people, move them.....all the while missing the point entirely.  I think art should be a vessel of understanding presented by the artist as an honor to the collective reality.....not a vain attempt at a creation of a new reality.  

So whats with the tar baby?
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Straight INC. Movie on youtube.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 09:45:40 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Straight Inc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3566FZOQqks

What? Wth is that? It's some horror flick; nothing to do w/ str8.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 09:52:02 AM »
Quote from: ""Carmel""
Firstly I think its a valiant attempt to express the idea of what the program was like emotionally, however abstract the creator felt they needed to be in order to get this point across....what we endured however, does not usually beg abstraction in order to get it.  I found myself trying to understand the artists vision on a topic that I already clearly understood, but Im a survivor so my perspective is modifed to begin with.

In my opinion, a true artist is someone who can create a vision that triggers all different types of understanding, amoungst all different types of people.  The viewer does not have to struggle to enter the mind of the artist to get his/her meaning, the artist creates an environment where the viewer can clearly see the point, however possibly in a new light or with new perception.  So many people I have met who fancy themselves "creatives" are usually nothing more than hopelessly self absorbed and bent only on creating their own pain so that they might have something to "create" about.  They think they need to change people, move them.....all the while missing the point entirely.  I think art should be a vessel of understanding presented by the artist as an honor to the collective reality.....not a vain attempt at a creation of a new reality.  

So whats with the tar baby?

Very eloquently said. You should be a columnist....lol. Seriously, you'd be good at it instead of wasting your time and energy here. Anyway, I found it by typing in "Straight, Inc." The first link was bogus....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 10:40:51 AM »
Quote from: ""frank discuss1on""
Very eloquently said. You should be a columnist....lol. Seriously, you'd be good at it instead of wasting your time and energy here. Anyway, I found it by typing in "Straight, Inc." The first link was bogus....

Damn Frank, what's with you today?  Who says she's wasting her time and energy?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 10:51:09 AM »
Give me Bingo anyday!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 11:02:49 AM »

That wasn't meant as a 'finger pointing' kind of remark... we all waste time here now and then, don't we? You'd think we'd have better things to do with our time.. or I guess you could look at it as she's honing her writing skills...whatever.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 11:09:18 AM »
Quote from: ""frankie""

That wasn't meant as a 'finger pointing' kind of remark... we all waste time here now and then, don't we? You'd think we'd have better things to do with our time.. or I guess you could look at it as she's honing her writing skills...whatever.

Yes, nice attempt, but Bingo.......now that is the freakest movie I have ever seen.  Bingo has Straight Inc written all over it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 11:13:07 AM »
Yeah that was a good one!
"Bingo the clown-o"
Creepy...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 11:22:14 AM »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 12:33:02 AM »
good idea.  Not sure the finished product conveyed the message it intended...admittedly a hard message to project.  The film seemed to convey a horror genre version of Straight, Inc.  While some people would describe it like that, I dont' think the casual observer will make the connection to the treatment modality.

Bingo, while not fessing up to be about the program, nails it, and nails it down hard.  I think other people who watch it can get it also.

Vive la Bingo!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 02:55:06 AM »
I agree.   To an outsider it would be hard to grasp but to anyone who's been in any of the TBS type facilities from Straight on up to today, the message behind Bingo is very clear.  Although I like the other one and can appreciate the thought process behind it, I had to work to see it.  It was immediately evident with Bingo.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 03:12:31 AM »
The fuck ya'll talkin'bout ??... not sure I wanna know...
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline BROWNIE

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BSTEVE0044/
Re: Straight INC. Movie on youtube.com
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 06:40:44 AM »
Straight Inc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3566FZOQqks

Can't find. Is it under"VIDEOS" ?