Author Topic: Anyone doing well???  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone doing well???
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 04:03:24 PM »
Eudora,

You had the pleasure of knowing Mantooth too? I knew he was a Straight graduate before being our wonderfully, loving Phoenix staff member. It makes me ill, actually. There was another staff member who ran away with Tim a few years (maybe 8) ago, her name was Gretchen. He tried to start up a Baptist Straight in Phoenix's new building in Marietta. It didn't take long for him to be tossed out becuase of his life decisions (infedelity). The Baptists are not to keen on that :).

As far as the dying high... I wouldn't give the "program" that satifaction. I have a lot of living to do even if I have to feel like an outsider the whole time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Anyone doing well???
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 04:12:29 PM »
Et tu, my dearest illusory friend? I'm not talking about Straight, except as the major impetus to find some logical, believable substitute for my early shattered illusions. Hell, Straight wasn't even that big a deal to me, what with having watched my whole family gradually taken over by the Seedling pod people from around the age of 5 or 6.

I'm talking about the harsh reality of $200 barrels of oil, the fact that everybody knows the facts that portend such and those that, with very little--shit even lazzy minded--extrapolation should impel us all to quit the illusion that life here in Middle Earth will never change and we'll always be able to drive on down to the local branch of Monsanto's food conglomerate (grocery store) and get all the grub we need.

But we don't. We go on pretending, just as we pretended that something like 9/11 could not, would not ever touch our sacred soil.

I shit you not, that was the most frightening thing I've seen in my lifetime. Not the event itself, that was predictable enough. But the response. I foolishly thought that when it happened, and anybody who's ever read a book more sophisticated than those published by McGraw-Hill knew it would, that Americans would finally connect the dots and realize that this ludacris lifestyle of ours is not sustainable because it depends on subjugation and exploitation of the majority of the world's population. Weak, hungry and fucked up as they may be, they do outnumber us something like 1000/1. When we finally reach the tipping point, it's game over and so fast it'll make the stupid dempublican rank-n-file's heads spin. Cold comfort, indeed, that they'll be able without trouble to convince themselves that it's all the fault of some bediapered brown dude in a cave somewhere on the other side of the planet.

Sorry, I'm just really fucking dissapointed in the human race right now. Back to looking for a pack of dogs that will take me in.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone doing well???
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 04:12:41 PM »
I hear you, but for some it's entirely beside the point whether the program is 'satisfied with that outcome' or not. Some folks just like drugs, period.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone doing well???
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »
Ooops, my reply was to Phoenix05's post..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone doing well???
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 04:26:08 PM »
I hear ya. I think by not being able to control anything while I was held hostage, I have a hard time with anything messing with me in any form. Whether it be a battering ex, drugs and alcohol, or even having to stay on medications too long. I do not trust anything in this world, even the hick grown weed down the street. Also I try to give my kids everything that I did not have. Being "impaired" would not help me accomplish this. To each his own though.

I do enjoy the pack of dogs idea. They have leadership and if they do not like you... they just bite and get on with life as they know it. Politics plays no part.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone doing well???
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 04:54:16 PM »
Quote from: ""Phoenix05""

As far as the dying high... I wouldn't give the "program" that satifaction. I have a lot of living to do even if I have to feel like an outsider the whole time.

Just sayi' it would be preferable to being continually stuck in a mental loop of "Surivor" self-identification forever.  If I knew I had incurable cancer, I'd do the same thing.

In no way did I mean to imply ODing in a cheap hotel was my deired end.

ODing in a 5-star hotel, laying on piles of money and fan mail from freaks the world over, while a big-titted Swedish hooker is giving me head, now that's more like it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone doing well???
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 06:30:20 PM »
Quote from: ""Dr Fucktard""
Quote from: ""Guest""
I am NOT a phaser! LOL..
And I'm doing ok, imo.
~WD
You'll ~always be a phaser to me! ::rainbow:: :wave:

Pfft! I can't be on Day Zero and be a ~phaser at the same time! lol

Permanent Day Zero 4tw! :P

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
You had the pleasure of knowing Mantooth too?
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 03:36:02 AM »
i did.....i remember Tim Mantooth well......i should.he and i came in the same day!....yes,he is the ONLY person i ever saw or know,to make 2nd phase in the advertised time 14 days!!! he asked for it on day 14,but wound up getting it on day 17......there were kids that had been on first for a long time,and heres ol'tim getting sent home on day 17!...he never "talked" about himself like the rest of us.....i can't remember a confrontation he ever really got{i have a pretty good memory}.....this is how i realised that some get "groomed for staff" and some don't......i noticed that some ppl sat in group with us and had perfect programs.....but most of us were on the phases{each} a long time {2 months or more} Tim was just about on 4th when i finally made 2nd-3rd........it was just unreal to deal with........then they left for Atlanta.....but i knew he was being groomed for staff.......
then one day as i was either on 4th or very early 5th,he came back 7 stepped trainee/jr....not sure.......i believe i was on 4th phase......i don't remember talking to him.......and on 5th,i could've,so i believe i was on 4th.....{i'm buzzing}......everyone i saw treated like Tim was,made staff!...........

tim's treatment started when he CAPTURED his OLDCOMER and the other NEWCOMER on his 7-8 day and RETURNED them to str8! he asked for "home " on day 14,but got T&R instead......on the following OMR day 17,he made it to 2nd phase.......this dude was from out of state and he made 2nd phase in 17 days!.....for that one thing,Tim flew through the program......he used to tell ppl that were on thier lower phases for a long time {especially to the newcomers} how the reason he made it so fast on his phases is because "he applied his program  blah blah blah" he was never on 1st long enough to know what it was like! i swear to that.......! tell me more about ol' Timothy......i'd love to know.......just kinda wondering if he told you guys how hard he had it.......so he went out and tried to become a little Miller?......a reverand "drug counselor".......at least thats what the last picture of him i saw when he was much older,looked like.......very wierd,huh?....hippie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone doing well???
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 09:28:22 AM »
Tim Mantooth = Penis Face

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone doing well???
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 01:54:08 PM »
It is a shame that these people kept recycling themselves through these places. We had so many staff members that were never in Straight that the only way they would know how to utilize the abusive crap would be for people like Mantooth to come back and "show them how it was REALLy done". When he was our staff member he was very cold to everyone. He seemed like he was always about to go postal. Maybe it was just his face. He appeared much older than he really was. He had a hugely receding hair line etc. etc. He was married and had two boys, I think. Soon after he came in another graduate staff was hired named Gretchen Durden. She was in Straight with him. They were good friends and she was also the youth leader in his church. After they hooked up and left their church and the new Baptist Straight, I have not heard of them since. For the kids that trusted him and looked up to him, it was a huge let down. We always had about 4 or 5 that went to his church every Sunday. You know at seventeen days, I still did not know what planet I had landed on. I couldn't imagine knowing enough to "work my program". What the hell was the "program" at seventeen days? Learning how to arch your back enough so a strange girl would not drill her fist into the small of your back? Or maybe it was learning to ask before you ever picked up anything. OR my personal favorite... getting used to someone watching you go to the bathroom. Maybe he just did this better than the rest of us. Or maybe his parents raised more money than the rest of ours. I had a second phaser push me against the wall and cuss me out. What happened? NOTHING. His dad it turns out, donated most of the money for Phoenix to build its new building. Had I attempted such things, my seventeen months would have been much, much longer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Mantouth
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »
I remember him well . Miller loved him I think he went home in 14 days. they moved him up quick to have staff ready for Atlanta.

Offline Grrrlgenius

• View Profile
Re: Anyone doing well???
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »
Boy have I enjoyed this thread (not the fact that others are still suffering). It's so funny to think about all those crazy staff members.  Most truly were unlikable!  I love the comment about Mr Mantooth being on the verge of losing it.  YES!

Offline Grrrlgenius

• View Profile
Re: Anyone doing well???
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 09:27:57 PM »
I should probably read dates before I post things...