Author Topic: "Intervention" Program  (Read 17605 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2006, 11:53:16 AM »
During my time there were wildnerness events that were not part of any punishment, than there were interventions which very much were a punishment.

Often times a "positive" would be sent out with the kids who were being punished during the interventions...as a sort of role model I suppose. This student might be given such perks as a tent versus the tarp the others had, or hot chocolate instead of the water purification tablets... et cetera.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline pg79veteran

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2006, 06:40:12 PM »
They used to use water purification tablets?  Shit, those things don't even work that well.  That's fucked up.

Offline dallastexas

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2007, 03:24:33 PM »
i hope HLA goes down in this lawsuit because they deserve it. HLAs whole system revolves around punishment, and if the interventions wernt punishment then i dont know what could be

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2007, 03:34:11 PM »
I think most people hope that HLA goes ahead down the tubes where they belong to be. The sad thing is that even with all the bad press and declining student body, somehow HLA remains open. That is unreal to me!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2007, 06:13:34 PM »
Speaking about "Intervention"...the State of Georgia needs to intervene
and close HLA down...they know it and they have dragged their asses long enough.

Offline dallastexas

• View Profile
intervention
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2007, 02:56:32 PM »
i have been on two interventions. i was at hidden lake for 13 months from january 7 2005. i went to ridge creek about 5 times.

interventions are all different. Mark Kieth usually decides how hard or long the intervention will be depending on the situation. I will talk about one I went on in January 06 with 7 other guys. We spelt outside with four sleeping bags for the eight of us. We had only gym shorts and a Tshirt on. We were woken up by Mark Kieth kicking one of us in our sleep. We had to run barefoot around the "island", which is a gravely circle of pavement for about 4 or 5 hours. We hiked out of ridge creek with Iron Mike (a huge heavy Iron Pole), the "Anaconda" a huge hemp rope that gets heavy when it's wet, 5 gallon water jugs, a strecher, and a 200 pound dummy named "herman" made out of a water hose. We would hike about 20 miles a day. It snowed and sleeted a couple of these days. I remember the first night it rained and was so cold none of us slept. We only had a big tarp to pull over ourselves. The staff rationed our meals to 1000 calories a day. They gave us the worst components to the MREs. We would switch off carrying various heavy objects  I listed earlier and sometimes carry eachother or "Herman" on the strecher. We were also not allowed to talk to eachother the whole time. This lasted seven days. We were pretty delirious after this and we all lost about 10 pounds each that week. One of my friends got a hernia from carrying all that stuff, and another one got trenchfoot. Im pretty sure we all had a little hypothermia. We were given trashbags to wear when it was raining and sleeting.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2007, 05:16:05 PM »
It's seriously not too late to sue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2007, 10:25:34 PM »
dallas...

i dont mean to be a prick....but i call BS

you went to ridge creek five times

you were dropped

and you went through a pretty horrifying intervention...much worse than
anyone from the old days of 24/7 restrictions with only cheese sandwiches.

you say you had to carry all those objects at the same time.

you and I both know, from common personal experience, it's impossible for only eight people to carry all that around, unless they didnt give you any packs to carry, which is unlikely.

And from my experience at RCI, they are VERY serious about hypothermia. judging by what you said, you should be dead by now.

you must've been REALLY, REALLY bad, and done something really fucked up over and over, to get sent to RCI FIVE TIMES. what the hell did you do? bring a kilo and hooked the student body on crack? did you stab someone? did you rape new kids or something? there were some baaaad kids while i was there from 02-04, but i've never heard of anyone who could possibly be bad enough for HLA to impose such extensive punishment.  

i know HLA's, fucked up, i know RCI's fucked up, i've been there, done that. i've been on an intervention. i know what it's like. Mark keith is a little brutal...but KICK YOU? i could never see him doing that to a kid. a ranger maybe..but not a kid. I think you really stretched the details abit. if you want people to take you seriously, if you want people to know what it's like, dont stretch and exaggerate. because then it turns out you have zero credibility right from the start.

and if what you are saying is true.
i'm sorry.
in that case, HLA has to be shut down RIGHT NOW.

Offline dallastexas

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2007, 03:25:44 PM »
The funny thing is everything I said is completely 100% true. I went to ridge creek april 05, july 05, august 05, november 05 and january 06. I knew a kid who had been there I think 7 times. But I was sort of a record holder you could say. Mark Keith has hit kids before, and he did kick one of us that morning

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2007, 11:30:03 AM »
what did you do though? i'm curious to know.

Offline dallastexas

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2007, 02:49:10 PM »
getting into a few fights, smoking, running away and being on restrictions the whole time I was at HLA The last intervention was with 7 other boys and 4 of us jumped a kid and the other 4 were using drugs. I never did anything realy horrible but I was constantly in trouble. They kicked me out after I had been at HLA 13 months. I think I only spent about 1 month total not on restrictions or at RCI

Offline dallastexas

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »
i just checked over my story and i did leave out that they drove some of the heavy items around in a truck and we swapped them out every once in a while. Only once or twice were we carrying all of the items at once. But what I did remember is Mark Kieth saying that was the hardest worst intervention they've ever done. I think it was so bad because we had all been to RCI at least twice. It was pretty bad.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2007, 03:54:51 PM »
haha. that sucks man. i went twice + one intervention. i spent my first six months in trouble, then i was out of it most of the rest of the time. the trick is to pretend that youre working, going with the program, being good, etc. that and staying away from mischeif, and therefore from most new kids. that and if you do something stupid, do it alone, that way there's no one to blame for writing fallout on you if do get in trouble. doing shit alone also makes it easier when they pull the whole "you're on restrictions till you admit to doing this thing we know about", because then you automatically know what they could possibly know.

4 kids jumping a kid is not cool. he was a nark, wasnt he? is that why he got beat? i made the mistake of jumping someone once,  it's not worth it in the long run, they always fuck you over for stuff like that. it's because it makes the school look bad, so instead of telling the cops they send you to RCI.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2007, 07:06:33 PM »
Why are your parents still alive?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2007, 11:03:29 AM »
why are yours?