Author Topic: "Intervention" Program  (Read 17646 times)

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2006, 12:26:08 PM »
In the middle of it, they were called. Not really much approval. Carry Dead weight and walk. That is it...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2006, 01:16:05 PM »
Quote from: ""FLCLcowdude""
In the middle of it, they were called. Not really much approval. Carry Dead weight and walk. That is it...

Please call Ms. Kit Wallace at Child Protective Services. She can be reached at 706.864.1839. She needs to hear your story.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2006, 03:42:11 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
/size].
[/b]In the mornings we would wake up way before dawn with ice crystals in our hair and our clothes and shoes frozen solid. Typically the staff would switch out every day and the new staff for that day would wake us up by saying ''GET UP; YOU HAVE 5 MINUTES TO BE READY." And if we didn't make our 5 minute deadline, oh boy, we were given anything between 10 extra miles to 200 extra pounds to carry. FUCK YOU MIKE DUNN YOU POWER HUNGRY PIECE OF SHIT

After at least a week of this, we honestly felt like we were not far from death. We lost feeling in our extremeties, looked and felt anorexic, and could barley walk without stumbling in pain.

Now HLA says that these interventions are run by ridge creek, which technically they are, but its Lin Buchalotto (i know its spelled wrong) who sets them up. Ridge Creek is a great place. It actually helps kids out and does what it says it does. If it was someone who just took orders from Boochy all the time than it would be another bullshit rip-off like HLA. Hes the only good man within a 2 mile radius of HLA/Ridge Creek. Mark Keith has personally told me and many others that he thinks "HLA is complete bullshit." Damn, if it's coming from a professional that there must be some truth to it.[/size][/size][/color][/quote]

The interventions HLA exercised with these children are hard enough to conceive.

Can you imagine what these children felt like being starved, freezing and completely exhausted and then to have the HLA qualified staff inflict even more humiliation with this inconceivable, totally barbaric behavior?

AND WHY THE CLASS ACTION WAS PURSUED.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2006, 02:00:00 AM »
i was on an intervention

sweet

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006, 06:34:03 PM »
i was on an intervention also. this was before ridge creek had the girl's group, so obviously before they had the boys and girls group... i don't know why but my counselor's told me i was going to go. there was a group of girls out at super restrictions and my counselors said i'd be going out with them. one of the girls had a cast on. our bags were stuffed with logs and a truck drove our sleeping bags to where we had to hike to. We'de hike18-20 miles a day and if we didn't finish by dark we have to keep hiking. No matter what time we got to sleep, we had to wake up at 6:30 and do pt, then start hiking.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2006, 02:38:54 PM »
i was on an intervention also. this was before ridge creek had the girl's group, so obviously before they had the boys and girls group... i don't know why but my counselor's told me i was going to go. there was a group of girls out at super restrictions and my counselors said i'd be going out with them. one of the girls had a cast on. our bags were stuffed with logs and a truck drove our sleeping bags to where we had to hike to. We'de hike18-20 miles a day and if we didn't finish by dark we have to keep hiking. No matter what time we got to sleep, we had to wake up at 6:30 and do pt, then start hiking.

How many levels of punishment are there?
Zaps, Bans
Restrictions- Fall Out, Table, Focus
Clean Air
Challenge
Intervention-not listed in the parent manual
Wilderness

And now Super Restrictions? Where does that fit in the lineup? Not listed in the Parent Manual either.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »
they haven't used super restrictions in a long time, interventions replaced them

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2006, 11:22:01 AM »
really? Super was used when I was there in 2002-2004. It was kind of like... the middle point between restrictions and getting sent to RCI/Interventions. I think it was where they stuck the kids while they were still getting the whole story about what happened and figuring out where to send them. I never went but had a few friends who did and thats the way it seemed to us.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2006, 11:29:50 AM »
You are all going to get different information on this depending on when the person reporting it was there.  Again, this goes back to Len Buccellato being so inconsistent and reactive to how the school is run.  Interventions, super restrictions, and challenges (from what I have heard) are basically the same thing with varying levels of intensity depending on when you were there and the kind of mood LB was in at the time.  To my knowledge none of these are in the parent handbook.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2006, 04:10:52 PM »
my daughter "ran/walked" 100 miles in 26 days. and had heavey things in the backpack. which prbably wieghed 50-75 lbs and because she forgot her water bottle somewhere, she was required to a keep a 20 lb "not forget" rock on her or  in her pack for days.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »
Of course the theraputic value of this.........?

Shit, I've got nothing.

Nicole could you explain it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2006, 11:26:29 PM »

I was on one to Semper fi, kutch!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2006, 11:30:52 PM »
What's the difference between a restriction, super restriction and an intervention?

Offline thelma

• View Profile
whats the difference?
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2006, 09:04:24 PM »
restrictions is the  population of students who havegotten in trouble for some reason. after school they are seperated from the general population of campus where they eat, study, work , then hit the rack. super restrictions is either a small group or an individual being seperated from the population entirely. like in the challet or at restriction village. Trust me i was out at the challet on super for a week alone it sucked asshole!!!! an intervention is a group that looks like they might be leaning towards acting out or if len thinks something is going to go bad they go out in the woods for a week. Any more questions and I'll probably know. I got in trouble/ was somewhat respected for sticking to who I really am and speaking my fucking mind. nobody is gonna intimidate me into being any other fucking way, oorah!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2006, 09:33:20 PM »
What was it like being at Chalet on Super?
I thought that place was basicly a tar shack. Am I thinking of a different building?
What were your meals like?
Who was in charge of you?
What was your day like?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700