Author Topic: "Intervention" Program  (Read 17586 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006, 09:52:12 PM »
Every single RC staff is involved with Interventions, they take rotations
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »
yes the RCI staff are on the interventions, but its BUCHALOTTO WHO RUNS THE DAMN THINGS!!! THAT PIECE OF SHIT!!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2006, 10:08:04 PM »
Quote from: ""juniper2""
According to one family, 2 water bottles, 2 pre-packaged meals..the children slept on dirt, and did not have blankets... Apparently there are letters and phone calls to the school regarding what transpired....they stand by their claim....

USDA and any good state Regs require 3,000 calories per day be provided, given their level of physical exertion. In inclimate weather and extreme exertion normal calories should be increased 30-100%. Rationing or denying food for punishment would not be allowed. How many calories in those two pre-packed meals?

Georgia requires programs to follow the USDA "Food for Fitness" guidelines, which is too general. Ga also requires 3 meals per day, plus snacks.

If your child received less than that, you need to file a complaint with the ORS.

Georgia doesn't specifically address the issue of how much water is to be provided per day, only requires it to be clean. Other state Regs require 6 quarts of water per day, so two bottles (quarts?) is about a third what programs in other states are required to provide their participants. Some require electrolyte replacement and daily multiple vitamin.

Georgia doesn't address the weight that children can be made to carry- backpacks and other objects.
Good Regs limit the weight children can carry to 20 percent of their body weight. If the chld is required to carry other items, the total of all weight carried can not exceed 30% of their body weight.

Participants at RC are supposed to "attend an appropriate educational program". Did your child's education continue at RC? My son's didn't. He had to make up 4 weeks of work when he returned to HLA which was stated as one of the reasons he was denied any home visitation that summer.

RC is licensed for 64 kids, therefore the regs require them to have access to 710 acres of land. Do they?

Living quarters are to be heated to a minimum of 50*. Does that imply that they shouldn't sleep outdoors if temps are below 50*?

Interestingly enough, ORS requires that children placed at RC be placed in compliance with the ICPC. Were your children? Mine wasn't.

Parents/ex participants should read through the Regulations for Therapeutic Camps at the ORS site, compile a list of known violations and file a complaint.

If Interventions are done at RC, then the regulations apply.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2006, 03:17:17 AM »
I have been on one. Ever gone from Dahlonegah to Atlanta? Well walk that in 7 days and tell me how much you hate your day job!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
60 miles
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2006, 10:40:18 AM »
Dahlonega to Atlanta is 60 miles. It doesnt take 7 days to walk it. Are you saying you walked to there and back in 7 days? I also never heard of any punishment that involved walking off campus to Atlanta. Only in the mountain area around the campuses. When did this take place? (what year)I am curious of the year because it must have been after I left because I know this never took place while I was there and I want to ask someone I know about this type of "trip" and if they ever heard of a group walking to Atlanta.

I.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2006, 11:32:58 AM »
Quote from: ""FLCLcowdude""
I have been on one. Ever gone from Dahlonegah to Atlanta? Well walk that in 7 days and tell me how much you hate your day job!

The kids on interventions hike at least 20 miles a day in the forest, but no one hikes to Atlanta. I don't think you're telling the truth.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2006, 11:39:06 AM »
Once again Sauna "The Bullfrog" Gray believes if she didnt see it, it didnt happen.

Taking a look at your nonsense (again).

Sauna feels that inexperienced underage hikers who are often weighed down should be able to traverse more than 20 miles per day.

See Bullfrog if Dahlonega to Atlanta is 60 miles a trip there and back again would be 120 miles. Cause, and you may not be aware

60 x 2= 120

Thus in order for him to have made the trip in less than 7 days they still would have had to travel a little over 17 miles per day.

Could you do that?

Probably not.

As to the rest of your typical head in the sand responses recall well I was there at the same point you were. While I never had to walk to Atlanta I did have to walk over 120 miles myself during one of these theraputic rituals.

So tell me more about how you know these things never happened.

Also if you ever feel like not being a coward there are still a number of questions youve refused to answer.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2006, 11:40:09 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

The kids on interventions hike at least 20 miles a day in the forest, but no one hikes to Atlanta. I don't think you're telling the truth.

Do you have any real reason to believe he's lying?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2006, 11:43:31 AM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""

I am not the same poster as above, but I was a student there recently. I am pretty sure I would have heard something from friends if they had an intervention where they forced them to walk to Atlanta and back.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2006, 11:47:20 AM »
Perhaps I'm wrong, cowdude will have to clarify, but I interpreted that to mean that they walked an average of 10-20 miles a day, depending on whether he meant one-way or round trip.
I didn't take it that they literally hiked to Atlanta.
PS. It's 66 miles to Atlanta- 9.4 miles/ day. Round trip 18.8 miles/day.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 11:52:56 AM by Guest »
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2006, 11:50:14 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Perhaps I'm wrong, cowdog will have to clarify, but I interpreted that to mean that they walked an average of 10-20 miles a day, depending on whether he meant one-way or round trip.
I didn't take it that they literally hiked to Atlanta.

That would probably be right, from the things I heard from friends and staff (the trustworthy ones), they would hike all around the forest behind RC, usually 20+ miles a day with excessive weight. I knew quite a few people while I was there recently that were on interventions and they never mentioned that.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2006, 02:05:02 PM »
I just read through this thread again. I had forgotten some of the earlier postings that go into detail about Intervention and Challenge.

Have you two, who described your experience with Intervention and Challenge, contacted Amy Murphy at ORS?

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... bly#211857
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... ing#210801

Her office phone number is 404.657.9600 and her fax number is 404.657.9637.  She wants to hear your stories. And stories from others who are willing to tell them.

If you'd prefer to email:
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2006, 04:27:04 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""

I believe I misunderstood what he was saying. I think Deborah has a good point regarding what the poster meant.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2006, 11:03:21 PM »
I shall clairify.I ment in distance. about 90 miles of walking. North georgia Mountains. Any Questions?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Intervention" Program
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2006, 06:21:14 AM »
I shall clairify.I ment in distance. about 90 miles of walking. North georgia Mountains. Any Questions?

Did your parent(s) know you were being sent on an intervention? Did they approve of it? What were you made to do during your intervention?