Author Topic: what can i do  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
what can i do
« on: January 26, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »
My husband feels powerless against the emotional and physical problems he has due to the torture he suffered at the phoenix institute of Atlanta 92-93.  I dont know what to do.  I really wants to be a productive member of society, but feels he will never have that chance.  Please if you have any suggestions let me know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
what can i do
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2003, 10:42:00 PM »
Well, a couple of things have helped me very much. First, my husband accepted all that he couldn't exactly understand. I don't know how I got so lucky, but 16 years have come and gone and he's still hanging around.

And he encouraged me very much to leave the past in the past and get on with the present. In some ways, that was good advice and it worked. But in other ways it hasn't. There are things about the Program that are pervasive in our society and, once you've got a belly full of it, you just can't miss it when you stumble accross it. Learning all I could about what happened and how it works has helped. Just hearing (or reading) other people confirming that this shit really did happen, I didn't imagine it, has helped a lot!

And time really does heal all wounds. I'm trying to think. I got out in 82. Am I more or less sane now than I was in 91? Hard to say, really. To a large degree, I've adjusted my life to suite my unusual personality. I never could get far in a regular face-to-face job so I've always gravitated to tech stuff and self employment. We're not millionaires, but I'd say we're pretty good neighbors.

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals;  I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.  
-- A. Whitney Brown

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
what can i do
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 08:50:00 PM »
thank you for your response.