Author Topic: Class Action Suit Against WWASP  (Read 5019 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action Suit Against WWASP
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 10:24:16 AM »
Oh, now I get it:  Jane Hawley is WWASP's answer for SUE SCHEFF, huh?  She brings the kids and parents in with her slick talk.  Bet Jane makes a lot of money, TOO!  Got it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Jane Hawly
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 10:32:58 AM »
Curious how every thing comes back to this person Sue Schiff. It really is amazing liek a love hate relationship.  Not sure who or waht she is, but she really rattles you all. Dont really care either.

Jane Hawly is the one we used and she promised me th 96% success crap. After 3 weeks, all it was bullshit. Teh seminar was enough. I tried calling her lifelines about it, and got more bullshit. Well if I had the money, I woud sue that Jane personally. It was her that convinced my ex and I to go to Cross Creek.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 11:27:14 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Oh to see SCL be closed down would be a dream of many people!!!  Although there is many internet and news articles about not putting your child in SCL, they don't depict the true day to day living those kids are put through.  The markerters lie to many a parent as do the parents who have children enrolled there as they receive a cut for everyone they refer there on their child's tuition.   All the untrained staff and the Director says alot.  Even the staff state they would be working somewhere else if Sanders County had other employment options.  As soon as it heats up with either a news reporter or some one that is prominent, things start happening at SCL.  Even the kids know when something like that is happening as they are required to inspection clean their cabins and the grounds.  Better food is cooked for them and the staff put on a fake front.  

A person truly does not know the negative impact that is bestowed on these children unless you have been there, lived it for several months even years.  Reading online stories does not depict the truth either.  Being Level 5, working your ass off only to be dropped due to very manipulative family rep is only realized if you have been there, done that.  While Chaffin and Cameron are lining their pockets with unlimited money, your children are suffering with a low level education, self taught, dealing with untrained, unprofessional staff, manipulating family reps, unsatisfactory health care and the list goes.

When are parents going to wake up, take some responsibility for their child's actions and try other options.  The apple truly does not fall far from the tree.

Nice try, in spite of your lies; SCL isn't WWASPS, and isn't named or inluded in the suit. It has to do with accreditation, which has never been questioned at SCL.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 11:37:18 AM »
And you, a parent who did their homework, research the industry and the program, including a visit  to the facility and talking to both pro and con alumni or other parents STILL bought the sales pitch hook, line and sinker forcing your kid into the care of a program with a long history of controversy dogging it.

Ex-WWASPIE parent - do yourself a favor and if you sue, make sure it's your kid who gets ALL THE MONEY and therapy for their PTSD.  

Then reach into your own pocket and stop by one of the Ex-WWASPS parent or teen run websites where you can make a nice big donation to help their efforts to educate others. At least they are trying to do something.(I assume you have already contacted Ginger about how you can make a donation to FORNITS, in appreciation for hosting a forum where ex program parents such as yourself can freely whine about being taken to the cleaners.  Not a word about your poor kid and how he/she is doing.  It's all about you and the ex. Yep, heard that one before.

::boohoo::

BTW, it's SCHEFF not schiff.  And your clumsy attempt to play dumb on that score didn't pass the bullshit test either.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 11:49:41 AM »
Ex-WWASPie parent: How long did you leave your child at Cross Creek before you "saw the light and removed this child?"
And, I agree--anyone connected with WWASP knows exactly who Scheff is.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 12:38:42 PM »
Seems odd Isac hasn't announced the lawsuit against WWASP. It's pretty big news, I would think .

ISAC has a link to a news report and a copy of the complaint.

http://isaccorp.org/ivyridge/ivy-ridge- ... 28.06.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 12:40:15 PM »
http://parentandteenresources.com/

A website run by Marie Peart.  wonder what programs and transport companies she refers to?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 01:05:54 PM »
The only good thing  about this site was finding news, but that's harder and harder to find these days since you have to try to get through all the bullshit. You people are obsessed - someone said it and it's true. Out of here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 01:41:09 PM »
The only good thing  about this site was finding news, but that's harder and harder to find these days since you have to try to get through all the bullshit. You people are obsessed - someone said it and it's true. Out of here.

:rofl:

Nah, obsessed is the wrong word.    Folks here just have an uncanny ability to call bullshit when they see it.  I don't know, could it be they are survivors of abusive programs and know what they are talking about?  Or are a parent who figured out they were being doubled-played for a patsy?

But if you wanna talk "obsessed" the word is applicable to the people who work in the industry and support it with near evangelical zealousness.  They also tend to believe their own press (releases) and hype.  Definitly an obsessed, self-absorbed, indoctrinated bunch of loonie tunes, IMO.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 01:55:18 PM »
Just got done reading the 37 page lawsuit. Wow, I guess they've got some explaining to do. You know, I don't know much about Ivy Ridge? People don't post as much about abuse there as they do on Tranquility Bay, Spring Creek Lodge, Majestic Ranch, and Cross Creek. I'm talking only about the programs that are opened, not the many that have been shut down do to poor conditions/and abuse.

It's like the John Gotti thing.............and I can't remember it all exactly? But, the government couldn't prove all the bad horrible things he was doing with drugs/prostituition/having people murdered etc. etc. But, they found him guilty of screwing the goverment over with not paying taxes......wasn't that it? Then had him hauled off to prison for that?

I dunno, it seems like the same thing here. There is a lot of victims out there that I believe suffered abusive at the hands of WWASPS, but it was always their word against ours. Would I like to see them held accountable for that? Yes. But, I think for victims out there that don't have the emotional strength to endure trials, or the time quite frankly which is what it takes. If and when they are found guilty of these charges, you will have a lot of people smiling. They'll finally be able to say......fuckin A they finally got a taste of what is coming to them.

Like I have always stated before, I wish it could've been different. A lot of kids and parents relationships ruined. I wish the schools were done to help kids, not focused just on bottom line and profits. But, people get too greedy, and then think they can get away with murder. Even with all campaign donations, I don't think they'll get out of this one. I think it'll be proven that they are guilty, and that leaves the door open for more lawsuits containing different things.

They will either run outta money, and go bust..............or will all back out of the troubled teen industry and head for the hills. Which one will it be? I dunno? I guess we have to tune in to find out.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 02:00:05 PM »
Capone was brought down by tax evasion charges I believe.  This could be something that has real teeth to it.  So much of what any former client says is subject to the old "it's just a disgruntled kid who wanted to get out and use" spin.  This could be clear evidence of their misdeeds and I wouldn't be surprised if the atty (if he's any good) will be able to get at least some abuse testimony in.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 02:06:05 PM »

:rofl:

Nah, obsessed is the wrong word.    Folks here just have an uncanny ability to call bullshit when they see it.  I don't know, could it be they are survivors of abusive programs and know what they are talking about?  Or are a parent who figured out they were being doubled-played for a patsy?

But if you wanna talk "obsessed" the word is applicable to the people who work in the industry and support it with near evangelical zealousness.  They also tend to believe their own press (releases) and hype.  Definitly an obsessed, self-absorbed, indoctrinated bunch of loonie tunes, IMO.

I really liked what the last person wrote. I fully understand it, I couldn't have said it better.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 02:06:06 PM »
You all are forgetting about the Dundee Academy trial.  That case is about abuse, is it not?

And Whitmore, is also about abuse.

These two cases will get some very good press, nationwide, especially in Utah (WWASPS territory) as well as internationally.

::bigsmilebounce::  ::cheers::  :nworthy:  ::drummer::  ::kiss::  :wave:  :rofl:  :tup:  ::birthday::

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 02:13:10 PM »
Capone was brought down by tax evasion charges I believe.  This could be something that has real teeth to it.  So much of what any former client says is subject to the old "it's just a disgruntled kid who wanted to get out and use" spin.  This could be clear evidence of their misdeeds and I wouldn't be surprised if the atty (if he's any good) will be able to get at least some abuse testimony in.

I think you are right :-)!!!!! Oops! I couldn't remember! Thanks :-)!

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 02:17:37 PM »
You all are forgetting about the Dundee Academy trial.  That case is about abuse, is it not?

And Whitmore, is also about abuse.

These two cases will get some very good press, nationwide, especially in Utah (WWASPS territory) as well as internationally.

::bigsmilebounce::  ::cheers::  :nworthy:  ::drummer::  ::kiss::  :wave:  :rofl:  :tup:  ::birthday::

You're correct, the Lichfield/Dundee case is from September 26-29. Cheryls case is in mid-september?