Author Topic: "Everyone who is not dead is fine (whatever)"  (Read 5147 times)

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
"Everyone who is not dead is fine (whatever)"
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »
Whoa...this thread has taken off.  
So many of us share the same things that it is starting to piss me off again.  Uh oh!!  Really though, it shows to me what a massive ego assasination occured at all the str8s.  Massive mind-fuck of thousands of kids leading to long term relationship difficulties.  NICE TRAINING.

When you learn to get off on power at 13, and scheme "victory or else" in a fight at 14, what the hell kind of spouse were ya gonna be anyway?
Bill
St Pete & Atlanta
12-80/12-82
PS seeing the thread between our dots really does help me see where THEY did this to you guys too...Confirmation....
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2003, 12:23:00 PM »
Let me start out by saying I was never in Straight and I thank god that I wasn't. In fact, until recently, I had never even heard of Straight. I am appauled,to say the least, by the stories and information I have been collecting.

This place seems more like prison than rehabilitation. I have many friends in the ACLU and many others with political connections. Myself and several others are currently looking into these matters. As much information as possible would greatly help us. In paticular, Tampa Survivor. Seeing that we are based in Tampa.

Again, I extend my condolences for what has happened to all those that experienced this.

Dade Mathis
The Danik Institute
Tampa, FL.

Offline Ms.P

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »
I survived Growing Together, Inc. in Lake Worth, FL.  If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to share. Feel free to email me.

Ms.P

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2003, 09:08:00 AM »
I searched for Dade Mathis and The Danik Institute on a couple different search engines and in the Yahoo Yellow Pages, and found nothing.  Do you have a website?  Have you any other way we could verify your organization's intent? For example, have any articles been published about your organization?  Can you give us a reference at the ACLU who knows you?

Thanks!

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2003, 05:28:00 PM »
Hey Mrs P.
Welcome.  Growing Together.  Nice.  It was nice when I used to believe the madness had stopped when I heard Str8 was closed.  Now I know better.  
Welcome.  Share a story or two.  Hit me on AIM "bikernurseguy".  I have a question or two.
Bill Hadley
St Pete & Atlanta
12-80/12-82
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »
I never could treat people like shit either
I made it to 3rd pahse without ever yelling at anyone..catching shit the whole time...I was also a skinny 13 year old kid in fact I was 2nd youngest in program during my stay...I got pulled off 3rd phase.
 Its strange but some staffers/people I have forgiven....but theres about 8 or 9 that I think
I will physically attack if I ever run into them.
It would really be best for me to just get it over with...that way the anger doesnt totally eat me.
 Steve Brooks was the worst in Dallas..and I wanted to fuck him up bad...then I saw him in jail 12 years later...and I saw what a pathetic weak little fatty he grew up to be...and figured it would be pointless. He truely enjoyed what he did in straight.
 And Steve if you ever see this..know I would have owned you and didn't...I let you make it.
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »
I wish I could remember. I didn't notice anything at the time, ya' know? Newcomers who didn't do whatever got thrown on the floor and sat on. I don't think I ever bought into the idea that they always brought it on themselves. I didn't think it was right. I knew it was fucked up. But it was totally beyond my control. When it happened to me, I didn't get upset or fight or cry or anything. I expected it. When somebody busted my nose in timeout, I didn't even bother to take note of who it was. It wasn't like I was really stressed or anything. It had only been a few hours and all of it shouting, some shoving but very little physical roughness. It was just that it wasn't important enough to notice.

Wicked men obey from fear, good men from love.
--Aristotle

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »
I could argue with a dead person.......I really hate being told what to do. I am not mean though and was a nice oldcomer(I thought) for my brief stint of 2nd and then 3rd quick to cop out once I hit school.

I don't like to make people sad, but I enjoy a good debate, agreeing all the time bores the shit out of me, and if I didn't misbehave and get restrained and run for doors I would have never kept on fitting into my jeans in there either. Straight did that to girls. Sheesh. Tell me to pick up a fork 50 times then thats a diet! I am so stubborn I won't eat.

Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution, the time will come when medicine will organize an undercover dictatorship. To restrict the art of healing to one class of men, and deny equal privilege to others, will be to constitute the Bastille of medical science. All such laws are un-American and despotic, and have no place in a Republic. The Constitution of this Republic should make special privilege for medical freedom as well as religious freedom.
--Abridged quote-Benjamin Rush, M.D., a signer of the Declaration of Independence

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do