Author Topic: 15 years clean as of Jan 9 03, and God how i miss everyone  (Read 1516 times)

Offline zimbalist02

• View Profile
15 years clean as of Jan 9 03, and God how i miss everyone
« on: January 16, 2003, 12:30:00 AM »
Its been too long since i have been on this website, and everytime its the same for me, so many thoughts and emotions!I can remember as if it were yesterday, what it was like to be in KIDS OF BC, as im sure we all can!I know for a fact, for myself and all of us that being involved in the program has forever changed each and everyone of us in one way or another.For myself well for years after running from the Utah program I had nightmares and they were always the same, I was on the run and and had been caught and once again was in HELL!!And then i would wake up and realize hey I am free!!and i would feel so relieved but at the same time so freaked out, and that feeling would take hours even all day to go away.I cant really remeber the last time i had one of those dreams and thank god!I always told myself and all that know me that the only way i would ever be brought back to Kids would be in a wooden box!I would fight till i was dead!!I was in the program in Jersey for 2 years and then after being left behind by the Utah program and finally making 2nd phase i made back to Utah and was a part of the program there for about four months and then i ran, and never looked back!The program was so fucked up, but you know at the same time i can say that if i didnt go through the program i know i wouldnt be clean today and have all that i have , my wife and my two little boys, and i sure as hell wouldnt be working in the field that i am in.Its getting really late and i have to work tomm so im wrapping this up for now, but before I go I want all of you on the East coast to know how much I love and miss you guys, and would love to hear from any of you! L,P,and R Always! D Cooper

Jails and prisons are the complement of schools; so many less as you have of the latter, so many more you must have of the former

--Horace Mann

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
TC

Offline John Olsakovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 09:28:00 AM »
Congratulations!

I can't say that I'm sober.  Of course, I can't say that I'm an alcoholic/addict, either.

But the fact that anyone does what it takes to stay clean and sober is a true feat worthy of praise.
PFFFFFT!\"
   - Bill the Cat

Offline fartoogone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2003, 01:09:00 AM »
I remember you well and was close to you then.

Glad to hear the good news my old friend.

Best wishes to you and your family.

tt

Offline zimbalist02

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 10:28:00 PM »
Would love to chat when you have the time.TT?God ive been thinking real hard, and trying to come up with a full name?Jog my memeory would you please.Drop me an email at zimbalist02@yahoo, hope to talk to you soon!Take care my friend!

If you believe that people cannot be trusted to govern themselves,
then can they be trusted to govern others?

--Thomas Jefferson

TC