Author Topic: Logan River Academy  (Read 23371 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Logan River Academy
« on: July 26, 2006, 04:26:03 PM »
Is there anyone at there who was a student at Logan River Academy?  My child is currently there and I am looking for a little support, reassurance, information...good or bad, from past students or parents.  Thnaks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Logan River Academy
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:29:24 PM »
Could you provide a link to the facility please?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Logan River Academy
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 01:57:39 AM »
yes, heard of it, spoken to alumni...no, would not recommend.  doesn't appear to be as restrictive as some, but they do use isolation quite a bit, therapy is of questionable benefit given the coercion used.

I'd ask alumni on myspace.com  they have a group there...  serach groups for Logan River.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Logan River Academy
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »
This is rather an odd time to ask, and an interesting board on which to ask.   Did you investigate first?  Where/how?

LRA uses a level system, which is not unusual, and is administratively easier than some alternates that focus on causes rather than consequences.  They also have as their "root philosophy" a behavior modification approach, which doesn't solve problems, whatever they may be.  Not the worst of places, but there are many better, if placement is "needed" at all.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Logan River Academy
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 02:20:50 PM »
LRA is a fantastic facility, i have visited the program several times as I have researched residential treatment centers for at-risk/troubled teens.  For the record I am not employed nor associated with any RTC, and supporting LRA provides no gain to me, it is definetely one of the best RTC's that I looked at!  If you have further questions post your e-mail adress and i'd be glad to communicate further with you!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Logan River Academy
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 08:09:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Bart""
Is there anyone at there who was a student at Logan River Academy?  My child is currently there and I am looking for a little support, reassurance, information...good or bad, from past students or parents.  Thnaks.

Beware of LRA- not cool place... just ask some of the alumni over on myspace.com  They'll be glad to speak!

http://groups.myspace.com/livinghell

This place is not all that different that the rest of the unethical places out there.

Very Sad ...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Logan River Academy
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 08:10:24 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
Thanks K good info to pass along.

:wink:

Offline survivor122770

• View Profile
Logan River Academy
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 07:29:35 PM »
deleted.. see next post.
was tortured at bethel childrens home for 4 yrs 84-88 i was there when it was raided

Offline survivor122770

• View Profile
Logan River Academy
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 07:51:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
This is a strictly question and answer board. If you feel the need to start a flame fest have at it up in troubled teens. The guest is more than welcome to post his or her comments. However, given the fact that the guest has left no comments either way to support the claim of LRA being a nice nice little place and the others have provided links with eye witness testimony I have to say that LRA is nothing more than a run of the mill money making BM bust em up torture center.
sorry didnt mean to step on your toes. i am starting to get the feeling you dont like me for some strange reason. i was just speaking from my heart and four long years of torturous hell. wasnt trying to start up a flame fest but i have no intention of sugar coating these programs to these parents. the threat is real and needs to be presented that way. i didnt realise that this board was for questions and answers only. my bad for not reading the instructions. since you dont like me i will make sure i dont post on your boards again.  thank you though for your acknoweledgment and agreement on that program . later dude

this was me ,and yes i forgot to log in AGAIN!!!
was tortured at bethel childrens home for 4 yrs 84-88 i was there when it was raided

Offline NongShim

• View Profile
Logan River Academy
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Logan River Academy
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 03:52:25 AM »
I was beaten badly here. It was the worst experience of my life. This program has no real merit and is a money scam for lazy or hopeless parents who don't want to have to deal with their child's problems.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Logan River Academy
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 04:25:02 AM »
Please.. Please... give us more details about the place.

When did you go?

How long where you there for?

I'd ask why you were sent, but I believe that no kid should go to a program for any reason so the question is moot.

Did they have a stage system?

details.. please!!!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »
bump
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »
I guess you would call me an lra success story. I am in college now, a big university about to finish my sophomore year. I wish for those of you with no prior experience would not put in your two cents. LRA still haunts me. I wake up some mornings crying because i think that i am still there. Not all of it was bad. I had a therapist who i believe genuinly cared for me, or maybe she justsaw that there was some hope for me. Your children will leave with a better knowledge of drug use and of criminal activity than they had before, thats for sure. DEVO is the isolation teqnique that is used. Kidds sit up there for weeks sometimes months not allowed to say a word. Not allowed to move their head during the day, or shift their feet, getting five minute breaks to go to the bathroom and then they go to sleep and it starts again the next day. OBS is what they call the observation room. If you are disrupting. They trow u in this 4 by 5 foot room and you have to sit in there on the floor alone and sometimes sleep there on the floor. You are monitered during your sleep always so that kids dont run away. The most scaring experience for me was going in and being strip searched every time i got back froma visit. (squat and cough).

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I WOULD TELL PARENTS IS.... if your child is at logan river, and by a miracle you actully get to talk to them on the phone, NEVER END A CONVERSATION ON  A BAD NOTE. whether or not they let you know, they have waited a week for that, and thats the only hope they have sometimes. if one ends badly they will spend the eitire week until the next phone call wondering if they will get to talk to you again, if you even want to talk to them, miss them, still love them, etc....

any queastions just ask me.

o, and if they were going to a decent school before hand, LRA's academics is ajoke and they will learn nothing during the course of their academic life there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 02:15:07 PM »
lraex2007,

I am parent considering sending my 14 year old teen to a RTC. For the past 1 year and a half, her actions and lack of judgement has gotten worse. She shows no respect to the house rules and sees nothing wrong with coming home at 1 am in the morning or 11 pm at night, failing classess and getting into fights, and exprimenting with marijuana. I have tried to reason with her and keep hoping she'll wake up. There are days she is fine and is the duaghter I know but the very next day and turn defiant. She is passive aggressive defiant and does things to push the buttons of me and her father and other authority figures in school she "doesn't like".

I love my daughter and want the best for her. I would appreciate it if you could give me your feedback on whether the LRA helped you.

Mom Looking for Help