Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Mission Mountain School

hello finally

<< < (2/2)

lablah:
I do remember you having at least one cool pair of jeans.  They were so cool infact evreyone wanted them and that one chick in your cabin stole them, ripped the label off and sported them as if they were her own.  You were no cookie cutter Marm, you had style even back then.

Miss you!
La

Anonymous:
Doesnt anyone else see that type of behavior as odd? I mean, how were we supposed to build our own identity? it isnt like we wore uniforms to supress the urge to show off for each other. Instead they picked out our clothes for us and limited it to one type of style. It took me years to find my own self after MMS. I guess I could understand uniforms if people were competing against each other, but that just was not the case. After I left the school I wore hiking boots to drivers ed and learned the hard way that they were just not functional outside the school. Not to mention I was seriously laughed at while wearing boots and sweats. ugghh that was a horrible memory.

I hate the not shaving thing. Electric shaving is a modern technology you know! Hair cuts, yes, that would have been nice. God forbid make up. I cant even imagine what would have happened if someone smuggled in make up. For fucks sake, my feet were awful after that place, my hands were like man hands, and I was hairy. How does help my self esteem when re-entering society, plus the lack of social skills. Thumbs down, middle finger up

Anonymous:
They made me wear a dress and set the table while everyone else was out doing "masculine" things.  Whats funny is after I left and some MMS friends came to visit me.  They laughed at how feminine I really was.  I still to this day don't really know why they did that?  Maybe because I wore my hair in a pony tail all the time?  I was pretty athletic, but still acted like a girl I think. I skiied in it and everything, even at the ski resort.  I looked like some kind of polygamist.

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: ""Guest"" ---They made me wear a dress and set the table while everyone else was out doing "masculine" things.  Whats funny is after I left and some MMS friends came to visit me.  They laughed at how feminine I really was.  I still to this day don't really know why they did that?  Maybe because I wore my hair in a pony tail all the time?  I was pretty athletic, but still acted like a girl I think. I skiied in it and everything, even at the ski resort.  I looked like some kind of polygamist.
--- End quote ---

So, the point of that was to ...what?  teach you to do 'womanly' things, whatever that means?  

They made me wear pink and dresses b/c... we'll I mostly wore dark colors and don't like and still prefer pants to skirts more often than not.  

Truth of the matter is none of that is therapeutic, it's about making you uncomfortable by forcing girls to do thing they are uncomfortable with and putting them in positions of extreme vulnerability so that John can emotionally/mentally/psychologically rape them.

What happened at MMS would not be considered therapy by any legitimate mental health professional.  Perhaps BF Skinners students, yes, but that is so dated that most consider it nothign short of quakery.  Certianly Johns methods were even more invasive the Skinners experiments, in my opinion, b/c rather that psychical/physiological stimili used (exclusively) to induce change, MMS did many things like aforementioned treatment which was all about humiliating us - point being the psychological mind f-ks realyl added to the problematic aspects of this facility and points to one more level of mistreatment and NON-therapeutic/totally inappropriate interventions.

Anonymous:
during the time i was there, there was this one girl, I'll call her J.  she was so pissed off about how shitty the clothes they gave us were that she fought with Zoe constantly for months until Zoe let her pick out all new clothes for the girls.  she still had to follow "guidelines" but at least we had flare jeans instead of those ones that had like, a negative flare... or something... those were awful... im glad J was so persistent though, it really helped that we could stop worrying about our clothes so much and focus more on the important things once we felt comfortable in what we were wearing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version