Author Topic: "Fun" on 1st phase; guys' side, girls' side?  (Read 5392 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Fun" on 1st phase; guys' side, girls' side?
« on: January 25, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »
This is the kind of stuff that kept some of us sane on the guys' side.  Mainly "misbeavers" who were good at entertaining themselves (ourselves) and everyone else.  Did the girls' side do this stuff too?

When everyone else would say "Love ya So & so", we'd say something like "Love ya, queerbait" or "Love ya, Metallica!".  And there were others like me who would go even further with stuff that didn't even fit the love ya's by saying stuff like "Burn in hell!" or "What the fk ever" or "F.. You!".

Some of us would motivate with both bird fingers sticking up in plain sight.  We'd also do everything we could to bash people beside us with our elbows.

I can't remember girls ever doing this when we would announce song titles between raps... yelling out something like "Freebird" or "Seek and Destroy" if we got called on for a song.  I remember guys' voices yelling out stuff like that.

All of these fingers would be in the misbehaver's face pointing at the person talking, telling him to pay attention, and the misbehaver sits there pointing at his forehead meaning "apply it to yourself".

It was always hilarious when a misbehaver started doing the "sit up straight" thing with the fist spacing on the backs of chairs of everyone around him.

Misbehavers waving their arms in the "speak up" signal trying to get someone to keep talking louder and louder.  And even funnier was when they'd wave their arms to get staff to speak up.

I never did this, but I saw some who would act like they're gay and rub arms & blow kisses at whichever upper phasers were assigned to "babysit", sitting on both sides of him.

Finally, in the phaser room after dark, I know a lot of guys played air guitar, air bass, air drums and mouthed songs and other obscenities.

Am I forgetting anything?  What kind of stuff did the girls' side do?

David from Atlanta Straight 1988
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 09:47:00 AM »
That was me who wrote that.  I guess I forgot to log in.

David

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 11:11:00 AM »
I used to pull the littlest down feathers out of my jacket, set them alight on the currents of air in the St Pete bldg, and see how long they would fly, send em to the other misbehaviors, had all of us watching the same point in space at once.  Made the staff nutsy one night, cause they couldnt figure out what we were doing.
Got one across the aisle to the forbidden sex..they played along.
This ones a touch gross....used to pick up a fine greenie, balance it on the end of my finger, real inconspicuous like, and wait.  When the 5th phaser or target of the day went by, FLICK...STICK ( if lucky).  
Got Doug Hemminger one day....senior staff suprv. and he had no clue what was hanging off his shirt.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2003, 12:01:00 PM »
:smokin:

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2003, 12:57:00 PM »
Mornings the intake room (goal setting) before going into the group room: "I set a goal to clique with Walter and Thomas, I set a goal to talk out, I set a goal to come up with a way to cop out".

The goal setting reminded me of the "wrap it up" signal, twirling your pointer finger if the talker is dragging it out.  Dang, we could have had some fun with that... telling staffers to "wrap it up".  I wish I had thought of that.

David

Offline Ms.P

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »
Open Meeting... it's time for the thrilling announcement... "2nd Phase!"!  His family cheers, the kid runs right through the parents' side and out the front door!! :razz:

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2003, 06:49:00 PM »
I actually misbehaved for a few days on 1st phase (age 19). This was when Alicia Crabtree and Stacey were misbehaving. During one open meeting, Alicia and I were crawling around on the floor in the very back row, singing "Paranoid" and "Iron Man". Surprise, surprise, I didn't earn talk that night. I got stood up at the end of that evening, but was not confronted. I think the staff were disgusted or something.
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2003, 09:38:00 PM »
My favorite thing to do was to inflict some serious kidney shots on the girls next to me when they were motivating then watch them frantically wave their hands at the fifth phasers. ::hehehmm::

Shelby

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2003, 03:20:00 AM »
I made it a career to be as distruptive as possible once I realised that I had been secretly put on a court ordered program.  One of the first things I did as a jerk would be to target a girl in the food serving line "You look really nice today, wanna go out sometime?"  This would blow their mind so bad that no one would notice me grabbing an extra sandwich or piece of fruit.  For a short while, they had someone bring my food to me.  Another favorite was to lay down across 4 or 5 chairs and if anyone said anything, I would say I was saving the chairs for the biggest goons in group for when they came in from school, so they could straighten my ass out.  The St. Pete Times had just smeared the hell out of the program and the Jerry Vancil Incident was still fresh in the community so staff made damn sure there was'nt any physical abuse going on.  The worst thing the 5th phasers would do was to use plastic wiffle bats upside our heads if we fell asleep or were'nt paying attention.  Another favorite was to clique with another jerk and pretend we are sharing a joint.  That one always drove the staff wild.
      Singing was another favorite.  Like when someone was relating and they were full of shit, I would sing that song "Honesty" by Billy Joel.
Every time that Helen Peterman would come into group I would say "Frau Blooker!" really loud like Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein and scream like a horse.  I guess I'll stop for now, or I'll be typing all night.

Undermine their pompous authority,
reject their moral standards.
Let chaos and anarchy be your trademarks
cause as much disruption as possible
but never let them take you alive................
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2003, 07:40:00 AM »
I wish we would have had a riot/mass escape.  Now that I'm 29, I can think of ways to incite a riot.  Maybe we should popularize some sort of  riot hand signal for kids to know before they go into concentration camps.

I talk about bashing kids beside me with elbows and trying to rip someone's throat out.  Then there's Shelby's kidney spiking.  It makes me want to point out that I never did that kind of stuff to the suffering phasers or the ones who were just compliant.  I only did that to super straightling types and ass-kisser newcomers.

David

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »
I figured anyone who touched me was fair game....
Or even more fun....perfected this one in ATL, ignore them.  Dont talk .  Dont respond..shut down.  Driving dirt bikes in my mind.
They were stumped.  
It worked.  One day I decided to join a rap, played the game one last time and split off 3 phase a few weeks later

I did get sat on the girls side once.  That was different. Oh, no, not by the CUTE ones...naw, can't have that now....I got screwed with by SCAREY chicks.  
Escaping was fun, but in 5 times, I never once got away off first phase.  Much better to plan, phase up, and bail when it gets too weird.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2003, 09:16:00 AM »
There was this guy, Bruce B. and you could tell he wasn't all there. One day, during lunch he stood up in his chair and announced he was going to show the girls side his weenie and proceeded to do exactly that. Bruce was incredibly strong so NO ONE messed with him by themselves, heck, not even in a small group. I remember one time he had done something and was battling the 4th phasers. There was this huge pile with bruce on the bottom. All of the sudden there was this roar from under the pile and people were flying everywhere! Bruce stands up and has a 4th phaser on his back and one dangling from each arm.

Mark B. was doing lunch one day and Bruce hurled his PB&J at him or maybe it was his apple. Hits the wall behind the rap stools and goes everywhere. He was the only person I ever saw str let go.

On another note, I used to hear stories of this guy in St. Pete that stood up on his chair and did a face plant into the floor. Was never sure if this was true or not.

CL

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2003, 01:55:00 PM »
Clay, you may be referring to the infamous Greg Henderson Open Meeting Suicide Attempt.  While open meeting went on and on, (with over 500 parents passing the mike and saying their love yous) this Neanderthal kid from Woodlawn in St. Pete maticulously unlaced his shoes and tied one lace to the leg of his chair, and made the other into a double loop slip knot.  Just as his mother stood up to yell at him for being on 1st phase for so long, he stands up on his chair and starts to really choke himself!!  His face turned beet red and the veins were sticking out and everything and people were coming completely unglued.  I was laughing my ass off, because as a fellow jerk, I knew he was gonna do it in advance, but even I got nervous after he just kept on like after a full minute and was swinging 5th phasers off like King King swatting airplanes.
His mother was in complete hysterics and after they got the noose off his head and carried him off to the Think Room alligator style, he hoarsely yells "Love you Mom!!!!!!"
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2003, 06:06:00 PM »
I remember the magic ingredient for catapulting one's self off of 1st to 2nd phase.  No one talked about it, and it took a while to figure it out...  "getting in touch with feelings" heheheheh, which in reality was learning how to make your face turn red and acting like what you're talking about is "so emotional".  Those who could get some tears going were even more advanced.  We became pretty good actors in there.

Oh well, this wasn't "Fun" on 1st phase.  All this talk about misbehavors' hatred for 1st phase reminds me of this though.

David

Offline No T&R

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2003, 02:37:00 PM »
After my second escape, my punishment in Sarasota was to be placed in the girls group. It was a long, hot Saturday.
Staff asked, "who wants to sit by -D- and make sure he behaves all day.
They put 2 biggest girls on both sides of me. The 5th phasers smiled and whispered in my ear, "please act up so we can humiliate you in front of the guys". I felt PMS in air.
With those words of encouragemnt I sat up and accepted the poking, eye flicking and all around non stop harrassment. A few girls complained I was checking them out. I was told to pay attention to the person talking but stop checking out girls.  :???:

So after lunch I got to enter that world of sexual fantasy that guy first phasers only can dream of.....GIRLS RAP.....It was a hot sweaty afternoon in carpet room that day. The smell is something I will never forget. The girl staff came in and much to their suprise saw me in the middle of girl's side. "welcome back -D-....did you have a good time last escape?" asked the girls staff unable to control their laughter.
They threatened to have a really dirty GIRLS RAP about being sluts and kinky shit they did for drugs, but no deal. Just regular stuff. Afterwards, EXERCISES!!! I had been gone for 4 months so I was not in my perfect fitness as before. Had to make myself exercise perfect because those bitches were staring at every move I made, looking for weakness, ready to help me with poking, etc.
By night rap, the girls were used to me & I with them. I had melted into girls side and because I complied and would not give reason for fight, I became boring. Just one of the chics. The fun was over except a few 4th or 5th phasers who came in from days off to pick up newcs to take home. The look on their faces.
So Staff decided their was no more humilation to be had at my expense, I was allowed to go back to guy's side.
That guy's side never felt so good.

D