Author Topic: Spam  (Read 1319 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Spam
« on: July 13, 2006, 11:47:43 AM »
I have deleted the spam threads and just have one comment about SPAM  and Banning here.

Anyone caught spamming the forum will be banned and their IP address and any other information will be posted on the forum.

Any responses to Spam will be deleted along with the Spam itself.  

Please do not respond to this post.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Spam
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 09:52:36 PM »
all posts in this thread will be deleted.  This is just for informational purposes only.  Any individual caught spamming the forum will have his/her personal information posted.  I will not bother posting the information on spam bots and so forth.

Thank you, and enjoy the forum.  This thread is not really soliciting comments.  If you have something to say, please start another thread.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Spam
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 10:25:24 AM »
Last night I deleted some spam, and in the process deleted a spam-like post which was meant as a joke and banned the user.

I want to avoid that.  Please lets try to avoid jokes on spam.  If I know it is a joke, it won't get deleted or banned, but I am not perfect...far from it.

The forum is functioning again and this is in large part to Ginger's efforts behind the scenes.  I have taken on the task of just deleting and banning users and bots that spam.  

If anyone gets banned due to an error on my part this is my apology in advance, and please email Ginger and she will fix it.  Hopefully this won't happen, and in a perfect world we wouldn't have any spam at all, and I wouldn't screw up.  

Thanks, and enjoy the forum.  Again, please don't respond to anything in this thread as it is for informational purposes only.