Author Topic: Resources wanted to help a kid stuck in TB  (Read 1144 times)

Offline A.T.O.M.

• View Profile
    • http://waspswatter.awardspace.com/
Resources wanted to help a kid stuck in TB
« on: July 11, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »
This is a plea for help. I won't release any names publicly, but i just got off a long phone call a desperate parent who is trying to get their child out of TB. The boy has been there 9 months (i had incorrectly stated 4 years) and counting. If anyone knows of any good legal resources, or has contact with someone inside TB (client or staff) that can provide info, please PM me.

The problem here is that the father has custody.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »
Contact ISAC (www.isaccorp.org). They might have some good ideas, or be able to refer you to people who can help.

I really hope I'm wrong on this, but if the father has custody and wants the boy to stay in TB, it's (almost completely) hopeless.  :cry:

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »
Father may have full custody, but mother has the right to contact Department of Family Children Services and Child Protective Services if she believes her son is in danger.  It would also be helpful to find out if this was a court order or just a parental decision.  If in fact, it is a parental decision, the mother can legally take it to a juvenile court/superior court to obtain some leverage in this case.  This is a proposed course of actions for her to take:

1. Obtain a lawyer who specializes in custody issues and is PROACTIVE in protecting children.

2. File a motion in superior court for Termination of Parental Rights against the father, or a motion to obtain custody due to the present evidence that the child is in active danger.

3. Gather all evidence against TB to present to the judge at the court date.

4. File a child abuse report with Child Protective Services.  Get them involved, explain the situation.  Many CPS people are willing to help out.  It may mean placing the kid in a Temporary Foster Care placement until a suitable person can be found to care for him/her.

5. Push the judge to appoint a CASA - Court Appointed Special Advocate, or a Guardian Ad Litem for the child.  They are trained to investigate and make the best recommendation for the child in a court of law.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 09:28:59 PM »
Quote from: ""A.T.O.M.""
This is a plea for help. I won't release any names publicly, but i just got off a long phone call a desperate parent who is trying to get their child out of TB. The boy has been there 9 months (i had incorrectly stated 4 years) and counting. If anyone knows of any good legal resources, or has contact with someone inside TB (client or staff) that can provide info, please PM me.

The problem here is that the father has custody.

Does the mother have joint or parital custody? Visitation rights?

You're ommitting a lot of facts and being very vague and we have to ask you to clarify.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 12:10:31 PM »
Cousins have been given custody of a kid in TB because the judge was so appalled by its record of abuse.

With a good lawyer, and good preparation, the mother has an excellent case for seeking custody.

Family courts are, rightly, leery about one parent taking a kid out of the country against the wishes of the other parent, even if the parent does have full custody.

Definitely put the mother in contact with ISAC, to help her lawyer put the case together.

This is what ISAC does best.

Julie

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 01:22:59 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
Considering the kid is in Jamacia I am not sure how much the American Legal system will be of use.

Sounds like a good place to get ahold of is the American Embassy in Jamacia, or the A-Team.

Come get me and Im on. Im also 100% serious. Im just flat broke so you better supply some ammo, a pistol, and a kevlar vest.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 09:36:14 PM »
That is what the A-Team is for you Tard.