Author Topic: Will Sue Scheff Be Called for Depositions in Whitmore Crimin  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Think Sue Scheff will be called in for depositions for these trials?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Will Sue Scheff Be Called for Depositions in Whitmore Crimin
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »
Wouldn't those depositions be fun to sit in on?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 01:22:00 AM »
Still whining over all that lost money, are you?
Hope she gets to explain it all to the courts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:56:01 AM »
Wonder who might be advising her friends to "settle, settle, settle?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 12:11:59 PM »
There is a criminal AND a civil trial scheduled, correct?  Good, the Sudweeks and those who support them will get their day in court which is how it should be.  Just hope they are prepared for Lady Justice to tip the scales in favor of the children who were abused and the parents defrauded because that's definitly a possibility given what I have read about this case in the news and on this board and ISAC's document library and archives (can't say for certain what the end result will be because it's during trial when the actual evidence will be presented).

Abuse is not hard to prove when formal complaints are made with the authorities in a timely manner allowing for a criminal investigation to be conducted.  In this case, that appears to be exactly what happened.  What's hard is being abused and having to relive it in depos and media coverage.  Kudos to the parents and kids who had the courage to stand up for themselves. The attacks on their credibility have been merciless just as I suspect they will be on the WWASPS parents suing Ivy Ridge in civil court, or the parents and children who testify in the abuse criminal trial in Costa Rica relative to Dundee Ranch.

The Whitmore criminal trial begins shortly (September). It will be very interesting to see the evidence and what kind of support the Sudweeks have.   And, I would think the scrutiny by the media will be intense given that this is a program in UTAH who houses the most programs operating in any one state and the nature of the allegations as well as the very troubling history of the Sudweeks (abuse of horses in Canada, being kicked out of Mexico for violations of their visa, fire safety code violations, to name a few that have been reported on that come to mind).

I do have one question.  Did this program accept children under forced transport and were they required to comply with the terms of the Interstate Compact by signing the appropriate forms prior to admission?  I noticed on Anasazi's website they do require parents to download the form and fill it out which is why I am asking.  Whose responsibility is it to make sure if compliance is indicated, that parents sign the forms?  The ed cons?  The programs?  This seems like a really murky area and I am not sure of the revelance but like I said, Anazasi does require parents to sign the forms for what it's worth.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 12:28:01 PM »
***Whose responsibility is it to make sure if compliance is indicated, that parents sign the forms? The ed cons? The programs? This seems like a really murky area and I am not sure of the revelance but like I said, Anazasi does require parents to sign the forms for what it's worth.

It's the program's responsibility. Ed Cons should be regulated and required to ensure that the law is enforced as well, although, it's going to amount to a formality. The receiving state wants to know the problems with the kid being sent to their state (criminal?), who's responsible for them, and how long they'll be there. Ideally, it is supposed to ensure the child has been evaluated and that it's been proven that adequate services are not available in the sending state.

It's rarely enforced and more pressure should be applied to the state ICPC offices. There are thousands of kids placed in violation. Perhaps people should regularly call the ICPC office and inform them of programs that are not in compliance, approximately how many kids are there in violation, and why they are there. It's up to advocates, parents and programs aren't going to do it.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »
Wasn't the Sudweeks violation of the Interstate Compact Agreement one of the reasons their license was revoked/surrendered during the abuse investigation?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 04:08:48 PM »

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:11 am    

Excellent post!!  I sure wouldn't want to face the local scrutiny, criminal trials are public record.  Also, depositions are always available for public release???.......What about Mel's MELTDOWN?????.........................

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 11:00:23 PM »
Who is MEL ?  What "meltdown?"