Author Topic: Should We Desire  (Read 879 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Should We Desire
« on: January 20, 2003, 10:59:00 PM »
Credibility.

It has been acknowledged on some posts that this board is deficient in the credibility dept. It is a good place to take a head dump, but outside people don't understand firsthand the Straight experience.

Everybody needs to take head dumps. Our experience can help others (especially former clients), even if it is our stinky Straight experience.

But, it was mentioned that this forum smacked of the same cultiness that Straight did. I happen to agree with that view. Are we going to form a "cult" to destroy another "cult"? It won't happen this way.

Our emotions are a part of what makes us human, but it is important that we master them. What do I mean by that?

I mean that our principles should be made more clear and we should keep the principles first. What are they?

Without principles are we not a bunch of monkeys running around yelping and howling in misery and pain!? I tell you apart from meaningful principles we are wounded, tripping baffoons on barstools nursing a cold one while plotting revenge against the Blue Meanies!

I agree with some of what I see on the boards. But we're fooling ourselves if we think that we are going to change people's minds through force. Isn't that the very thing that screwed US up in the first place?

On the other hand, maybe just getting to say anything that we feel is "right". After Straight, I guess any free speech is healthy. We have the right to be ugly if we feel it. I'm just trying to open up some conversation because......I'M LONELY! I feel like the Cable Guy.

Thank you.

Down with the Blue Maaaynnnaaiise!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Should We Desire
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 12:05:00 AM »
honestly sometimes the nasty stuff on this board just makes me laugh, which makes me wonder if I am twisted but I think it is funny to take typed words from faceless people so seriously.

I know people really do get feelings hurt but a long time back on this board I apparently hurt someone's feelings which made me sorry but what I said was just my opinion and it wasn't an opinion about them but it had to do with their opinion. I think they were being a big baby but aren't we all now and then.  If someone's words are getting to you it might help to ask yourself why. Don't think I am getting at the cult response of "well that must be something you don't want to look at."  Not at all.  I just mean keep asking yourself why something upsets you and you might learn something then it won't upset you anymore. In theory.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Should We Desire
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 07:05:00 AM »
On 2003-01-20 21:05:00, Anonymous wrote:
If someone's words are getting to you it might help to ask yourself why...  I just mean keep asking yourself why something upsets you and you might learn something then it won't upset you anymore. In theory."

TRUE THAT
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82