Author Topic: Layne Brown  (Read 8543 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Layne Brown
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »
Deb asks:
BK,
Had Layne taken psychiatric drugs? Some, particularly Ritalin, can enlarge the heart and result in death.///

I don't know exaclty what meds he has taken, but the possibility one or more has been the cause of his health problems, and consequently also his death, has been considered.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat some more.

*[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2006-07-03 08:10 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Layne Brown
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »
On 2006-07-02 21:30:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"I don't think it is correct to say Layne lived the last part of his life in misery - not at all. Yes, he had some set backs - but I have to say, in conversation, he always seemed friendly and positive and generally just very good natured.

You look at the film and you think to yourself "aimless wandering" - and maybe that's what the film maker was going for - but I can tell you based on conversations we had, he was not aimless about anything. He had definite goals and was working at achieving them. He had things he enjoyed; and living he looked forward to.

Yes, what he suffered under the Program at TB was horrific. Even program supporters admit as much (and you know how rare that is) And yes it caused him problems - but he was by no means dead inside.

None of these kids are dead inside.

Layne's death is tragic on many levels. Any time such a young person dies - it is tragic, and we are left feeling diminished by the loss. "

Nicely said, Buzz.

:tup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »