Author Topic: Addie Harris???  (Read 18431 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2006, 04:49:00 AM »
I am just saying that your attitude sucks when you dont get exactly the answer you want to hear. The school was definately responsible for crossing some ethical boundries, but how are you doing something to change the laws that protect the kids? Glad Claire wrote something but you insist on being a cunt to me because I wasnt quite sure state to state laws and said what I believed to be true about an agency.

You sure arent going to get far with people if you have managed to rub even me the wrong way. Who wants to work with someone who sits around all day picking apart words for someone that MAY just agree with the same 'idea' behind things. What you dont get is that I wont join a witch hunt. Im not a kid anymore and I dont do witch hunts well. Come up with something someone can work with and quit starting a brush fires and maybe someone will help you. No lawyer in their right mind can help you when you blast things all over the internet. How can they? You are ruining your own hard work.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
Addie Harris???
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »
On 2006-06-19 01:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am just saying that your attitude sucks when you dont get exactly the answer you want to hear. The school was definately responsible for crossing some ethical boundries, but how are you doing something to change the laws that protect the kids? Glad Claire wrote something but you insist on being a cunt to me because I wasnt quite sure state to state laws and said what I believed to be true about an agency.

who you talking to? I think that Sarah you take on this air of authority that comes across as if you're certain you know what you're talking about and yet...

What you dont get is that I wont join a witch hunt. Im not a kid anymore and I dont do witch hunts well. Come up with something someone can work with and quit starting a brush fires and maybe someone will help you. No lawyer in their right mind can help you when you blast things all over the internet. How can they? You are ruining your own hard work."

what witch hunt?  ruining what work?

I think we have a good number of people, as I've stated it makes little difference to me- if you're talking to me- I'm not here to convince you to do something you're not inclined to do on you're own.

Maybe someone will help?  lol, I think the folks we have working on this issue are already exactly the folks we want on this... Intentional or not, you almost sound like you want someone to sell you on this, I think that's odd...it's almost as if you feel you would be doing 'us' a favor when this isn't even about us.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
Addie Harris???
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »
On 2006-06-18 09:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I suppose early I may have felt like "waging a war" against MMS. However, I am 30 years old and havent got the time, money, or energy to wage a war. I think it is funny because if you read anythng I have written you can clearly see that I take a neutral stance on any issue but do have some acknowledgement that some wrong doings went on during my stay at the school.

Anger about situations kind of left about 4 years ago. Maybe it's that I am a mother. It may be because I grew up a little and see people as people who are capable of making mistakes. I have no idea. I just know I asked if anyone had seen Addie and this argument was a brush fire of mean statements.

Sometimes I wonder if people are angry that they are stuck as a teenager mentally? I know that they say we stop growing emotionally when we use or drink, but we have no excuse to act like a child."

I think it's important not to chastise people that may be angry and have a valid reason to do so and imply they are somehow 'stuck in teenager' mentality for being angry.

What does 'waging war' against MMS even mean?  That does indeed sound quite childish, I can't imagine anyone who feels anger towards MMS coined that term.  Anyone who would like to see some accountability from them and the industry in general is not going to call this waging war, I don't think- that's such an delibetrate exageration that oozes irrationality and hysteria.  It's about efficacy and ethics, bottom line- protection of the human and consitutional rights of youth- period.[ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2006-06-19 15:48 ]
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »
In an earlier post someone said I was , "waging a war" on MMS. I wonder if that is why Deb and Mike didnt return my calls?

It isnt a term someone from our generation would use, I can tell you that. I think that comment coupled with the "fuck you, no fuck you" statements I was reading set me off.

Maybe it was a good thing my computer was shut down for a couple of days.