Author Topic: WARNING! This website presents distorted perspectives of ob  (Read 23521 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WARNING! This website presents distorted perspectives of ob
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2006, 11:10:08 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
No the content of the forum tells the whole story.  Hyde is nothing but an abusive mindrape posing as a 'treatment center'.
I thought it was a school.

Schools educate kids.  Hyde does not educate!  The teachers stink.  The ones who are qualified and good, leave within a year or two.

I went there for 3 years and graduated. Then went on to college, did fine, graduated. Then went on to graduate school, did fine, graduated. Hyde did OK by me and most of my classmates academically. You get out what you put into it.

What percentage of the Hyde class you started with graduated with you?  How many dropped out/left Hyde?  (Glad to know things worked out well for you.)

Probably about 10-15% left during Sr year to return to school at home or other school. Issues were too tough for them or they didn't want to face up to some ot the demands made on seniors, so they went back to the "easy" life in public school. A couple convinced their parents that they could do it without Hyde and wanted to prove it to themselves and their family. Most have since expressed the wish that they finished what they started instead of leaving.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2006, 12:41:25 PM »
Most have since expressed the wish that they finished what they started instead of leaving.

How the hell would you know that?

Oh wait, you're making it up.

Offline survivor122770

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2006, 06:55:48 PM »
No the content of the forum tells the whole story.  Hyde is nothing but an abusive mindrape posing as a 'treatment center'.

Schools educate kids.  Hyde does not educate!  The teachers stink.  The ones who are qualified and good, leave within a year or two.

I went there for 3 years and graduated. Then went on to college, did fine, graduated. Then went on to graduate school, did fine, graduated. Hyde did OK by me and most of my classmates academically. You get out what you put into it.

What percentage of the Hyde class you started with graduated with you?  How many dropped out/left Hyde?  (Glad to know things worked out well for you.)

Probably about 10-15% left during Sr year to return to school at home or other school. Issues were too tough for them or they didn't want to face up to some ot the demands made on seniors, so they went back to the "easy" life in public school. A couple convinced their parents that they could do it without Hyde and wanted to prove it to themselves and their family. Most have since expressed the wish that they finished what they started instead of leaving.

i am glad to hear good things about a program.but i dont believe a single word of it. i guess everybody who has bad to say is a liar.whatever! you can continue to lie to yourself if you want. that is exactly what i did. and for 18 yrs at that. i thoght my problems and the things going on in my head were just normal life. they got worse and worse. sure these "schools" educate you. ha! the education i got is not recognised anywhere. i had to go get my g.e.d. they did educate me on how to read people's actions, tone and body language. they did teach me to believe nothing anyone says. they taught me to trust no one. is this the education we want our children to get? the future leaders of our country? come on get real. one day you too will wake up. and it promises to be a rude awakening. as for people wishing they had not left, it's called stockholm syndrome. there is no good that comes of these places. they stripped me of my personality and replaced it with who they wanted me to be. a robot. get real your a liar .we will forgive you though for you know not what you say ,YET!!!!!!!!
was tortured at bethel childrens home for 4 yrs 84-88 i was there when it was raided

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2006, 08:00:28 PM »
Go to www.ISACcorp.org.  You will see Hyde on their watch list.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2006, 08:45:13 AM »
Quote from: ""survivor122770""

i am glad to hear good things about a program.but i dont believe a single word of it. i guess everybody who has bad to say is a liar.whatever! you can continue to lie to yourself if you want. that is exactly what i did. and for 18 yrs at that. i thoght my problems and the things going on in my head were just normal life. they got worse and worse. sure these "schools" educate you. ha! the education i got is not recognised anywhere. i had to go get my g.e.d. they did educate me on how to read people's actions, tone and body language. they did teach me to believe nothing anyone says. they taught me to trust no one. is this the education we want our children to get? the future leaders of our country? come on get real. one day you too will wake up. and it promises to be a rude awakening. as for people wishing they had not left, it's called stockholm syndrome. there is no good that comes of these places. they stripped me of my personality and replaced it with who they wanted me to be. a robot. get real your a liar .we will forgive you though for you know not what you say ,YET!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that your personal educational experience at Bethel wasn't very good, but I'm not sure what that has to do with Hyde School. Hyde is licensed in the state of Maine and accredited by the National Association of Independent Schools (and has been since day one). If you complete their academic program with passing grades, all colleges/universities will accept your transcript. I don't think we're talking in the same universe here. There are those here who criticize the Hyde academic program, but it served me well and except for the determined losers, it served those I attended with well also. Sorry I can't agree with your POV.

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2006, 11:53:48 AM »
I was just surfin' around and found this
http://marykaysucks.wordpress.com/faq/
Dosen't this sound like most of the pro-Hyde posts (and it has nothing to do with programs)?

Offline MisfitParent

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »
Are you thinkin' that maybe Joe Gauld is really Mary Kay? Come on, have you seen his foundation and mascara  up close?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2006, 06:36:29 AM »
Quote from: ""MisfitParent""
Are you thinkin' that maybe Joe Gauld is really Mary Kay? Come on, have you seen his foundation and mascara  up close?

Hey I got my pink caddyfrom Joe

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2006, 09:08:46 AM »
Quote from: ""MisfitParent""

Hey I got my pink caddyfrom Joe

Does his daughter Laurie drive a Pink Cadillac?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2006, 09:27:45 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that your personal educational experience at Bethel wasn't very good, but I'm not sure what that has to do with Hyde School. Hyde is licensed in the state of Maine and accredited by the National Association of Independent Schools (and has been since day one). If you complete their academic program with passing grades, all colleges/universities will accept your transcript. I don't think we're talking in the same universe here. There are those here who criticize the Hyde academic program, but it served me well and except for the determined losers, it served those I attended with well also. Sorry I can't agree with your POV.

I second this opinion. It might not have had academic classes as it's primary focus, but it was more than adequate from my experience...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2006, 01:37:18 PM »

I second this opinion. It might not have had academic classes as it's primary focus, but it was more than adequate from my experience...

If you are motivated to learn the teacher is almost irrelavent.  I took over my senior year mathamatics class and gave lectures and worked problems.  I was more gifted in the field than my math teacher.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2006, 02:21:05 PM »

If you are motivated to learn the teacher is almost irrelavent.  I took over my senior year mathamatics class and gave lectures and worked problems.  I was more gifted in the field than my math teacher.

Exactly my point.  The ones who can do well without much guidance are going to be able to go to college.  The vast majority of the students at Hyde need extra help.  This is not available and unless you are in the minority as it sounds you were, you will have major problems in a mainstream school after going to Hyde. Point is that Hyde should not advertise themselves as being a prep school nor should they mislead parents into believing that if the kid "gets Hyde" they will change with academics as well

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2006, 08:02:57 PM »
the most convincing thing i ever hear was in my sennior year when i went to a friends funeral(they had been at hyde in the past but not there for like 3 years) and i was speaking to an old friend of mine who had decided to not do his senior year at hyde but at public schoo;(this was a year after he was supposed to graduate) and he turned to me and said "the biggest mistake i made was not going back for my senior year"  he meant it and i know he still regrets it cause senior year if you do it right helps out a lot and really settles people down, i have since graduated and where i go to school i am mistaken for young faculty by the way t hat i speak to other adults and the insight that i provide.  i am not saying that i am a goody 2 shoes, o still go out and have fun and party but i also know how to control myself and i know that hyde helped to give me the confidence to do that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2006, 07:29:24 AM »

Exactly my point.  The ones who can do well without much guidance are going to be able to go to college.  The vast majority of the students at Hyde need extra help.  This is not available and unless you are in the minority as it sounds you were, you will have major problems in a mainstream school after going to Hyde. Point is that Hyde should not advertise themselves as being a prep school nor should they mislead parents into believing that if the kid "gets Hyde" they will change with academics as well

No that was not your point at all.  Your point was that the standard of teaching at hyde was poor.  My point is that if you get the message of Hyde and become responisible for your own desitiny, it does not matter if your teacher sucks, you will learn.   Abe Lincoln had practially no formal education and was one of the most gifted minds this nation has produced