Author Topic: WARNING! This website presents distorted perspectives of ob  (Read 23782 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WARNING! This website presents distorted perspectives of ob
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2006, 10:25:42 AM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
Quote from: ""Guest""
You distort and manipulate the truth to fit your agenda in such a seemingly caring way...

What did I distort and what, pray tell, do you think my "agenda" is? :roll:

If you're just going to continue to try to insult me and not going to answer the questions or even make an attempt to engage in any sort of dialogue, this is going to get old real quick. [sigh]  I'm asking you specific questions about what you think is so good about Hyde.  I'm asking why you believe in it so strongly.  If you're going to come on here and try to defend Hyde you really should be prepared for this.

Tired of hearing your delusional, twisted  and bitter nonsense about something you don't even know of firsthand. Please just go back into treatment and leave us alone...

Why thank you darlin'!!  Thank you very much.  You've just proven my point beyond any shadow of a doubt.  ::nod::  :rofl:

You'd first have to have a point for me to prove it... and generally what you say doesn't seem to have one, or one that's clear at least.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2006, 10:32:39 AM »
You'd first have to have a point for me to prove it... and generally what you say doesn't seem to have one, or one that's clear at least.

The point is that when you insult only (I don't mind taking hits, you haven't yet approached offending me) it shows that you're avoiding any questions that have been asked.  Why would you want to avoid the questions?  You support and defend the school, why not tell us what's so great about it?  I haven't made any accusations or statements of fact about Hyde because I don't know any facts.  That's why I'm asking questions.  So far all I've got to go on is some pretty serious allegations of emotional and maybe physical abuse, extreme control over kids and familites, cult like practices, allowing a former employee who was forced to resign due to an improper relationship with a student back on campus and more.  The only thing you've done to "defend" your position that Hyde is great is come on here and post...well, Hyde is great, and then insult me and completely avoid any discussion of the facts or allegations.

If you don't get it this time then it's just too far over your head Honey.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2006, 01:10:17 PM »
more shiznit

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2006, 01:20:39 PM »
more shiznit

In other words, you've still got nothing to contribute to the discussion.  You've got nothing to support the few statements you've made.  Somehow I'm not surprised at this revelation. :roll:

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2006, 01:52:29 PM »
more shiznit

In other words, you've still got nothing to contribute to the discussion.  You've got nothing to support the few statements you've made.  Somehow I'm not surprised at this revelation. :roll:

It's clear to me that your venemous, angry, distorted, arrogant,judgemental mind is not capable of an enlightened discussion. What would be the point in engaging?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »
more shiznit

It's clear to me that your venemous, angry, distorted, arrogant,judgemental mind is not capable of an enlightened discussion. What would be the point in engaging?

Try me.  Point out where I've distorted anything.  I'll cop to being arrogant.  I've lived this on many different levels.  I know what I'm talking about.  Angry?  Sure.  I'm pissed off as hell at what's happened to me and thousands of other kids in the name of "help".  Where have I been venemous?  Where have I been judgemental (pot, kettle)?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2006, 01:56:58 PM »
and you should cop to being arrogant...YOU ARE!!!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2006, 02:00:17 PM »
I already have.  Twice.  So are you.  Can we get back to discussing the issues now?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2006, 02:09:09 PM »
Yeah, I've slid some sideways digs here now and then, out of frustration.  You've done the same.  Straight and Hyde taught us well.  I'm much calmer now.  I can be vicious, learned every bit of it in 'treatment'.  All the same propoganda and deflection tactics you're using.  Attack the messenger, ignore the message.   It's very effective on most peole.  Especially vulnerable kids in programs that are surrouonded by nothing BUT that kind of 'help'.  I know, I know....to hold them accountable...to help them see the err of their ways, the end justifies the means.  Bullshit.  It's crap and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

Now, please......go back and read some of the questions I've asked and ANSWER them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2006, 09:33:08 AM »
Yeah, I've slid some sideways digs here now and then, out of frustration.  You've done the same.  Straight and Hyde taught us well.  I'm much calmer now.  I can be vicious, learned every bit of it in 'treatment'.  All the same propoganda and deflection tactics you're using.  Attack the messenger, ignore the message.   It's very effective on most peole.  Especially vulnerable kids in programs that are surrouonded by nothing BUT that kind of 'help'.  I know, I know....to hold them accountable...to help them see the err of their ways, the end justifies the means.  Bullshit.  It's crap and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

Now, please......go back and read some of the questions I've asked and ANSWER them.

I've seen attacks and judgements of Hyde, couched in rambling, loaded questions asking for information that someone who didn't work at Hyde couldn't possibly begin to answer. What INTELLIGENT, RATIONAL, OBJECTIVE questions do you have?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2006, 10:59:24 AM »

I've seen attacks and judgements of Hyde, couched in rambling, loaded questions asking for information that someone who didn't work at Hyde couldn't possibly begin to answer. What INTELLIGENT, RATIONAL, OBJECTIVE questions do you have?

Well, in all fairness it's hard to know if the people I'm asking did or didn't work at Hyde...or go there.  None of you will sign in, so I'm just going on what's been written here.

You (supporters of Hyde) came on here and began posting in defense of the school.  I didn't go to Hyde's forum and do that.  You came here.  I responded.  I asked questions.  Yes, I already have some of my opinions formed....I'm only human, but that's why I'm asking questions.  I really would like to find out why you think Hyde is really all that different from Straight or WWASPS or any of the others.  I think that's the only way anyone is going to get anywhere with this issue.  We (both sides of this) need to be able to do that.  Again, I'm asking for your opinions since you came here, defended Hyde and seem to believe in it so strongly.

You seem to be familiar with Hyde's methods and teachings in some capacity, otherwise you wouldn't you wouldn't keep returning to see what we write, 'cuz ya know......'no one pays attention' to it anyway, so I'm asking again.  

What is the concept of Brother's Keeper?  

What is involved in the parent weekends?

Why is someone who settled a sexual misconduct case involving a student still allowed on campus?

What is with all the reporting of students having sex with teachers and counselors?

How are Hyde's academics dealt with?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2006, 04:17:48 PM »
No the content of the forum tells the whole story.  Hyde is nothing but an abusive mindrape posing as a 'treatment center'.
I thought it was a school.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2006, 05:19:09 PM »
No the content of the forum tells the whole story.  Hyde is nothing but an abusive mindrape posing as a 'treatment center'.

Schools educate kids.  Hyde does not educate!  The teachers stink.  The ones who are qualified and good, leave within a year or two.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2006, 07:10:04 PM »

Schools educate kids.  Hyde does not educate!  The teachers stink.  The ones who are qualified and good, leave within a year or two.

I went there for 3 years and graduated. Then went on to college, did fine, graduated. Then went on to graduate school, did fine, graduated. Hyde did OK by me and most of my classmates academically. You get out what you put into it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »

I went there for 3 years and graduated. Then went on to college, did fine, graduated. Then went on to graduate school, did fine, graduated. Hyde did OK by me and most of my classmates academically. You get out what you put into it.

What percentage of the Hyde class you started with graduated with you?  How many dropped out/left Hyde?  (Glad to know things worked out well for you.)