Author Topic: WARNING! This website presents distorted perspectives of ob  (Read 23695 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
WARNING! This website presents distorted perspectives of ob
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2006, 03:51:37 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Anne,
   Let's see...substance abuse and serious psychological problems should qualify as pathology.

Ah, but that's the point right there.  Most of these kids who are diagnosed (improperly and by unqualified persons most of the time) don't really have the substance abuse and psych problems that they're parents believe and the staff exacerbate and feed off of.  Have you ever taken a look at the so called "warning signs" on any of those sites?  They're absolutely ridiculous.  They describe just about every single teen in the country.  "Is your child moody?  Does your child talk back and use abusive language?  Have their friends changed?  Do they listen to music you object to?"   Very, very few kids actually need to be removed from the home and those that do have serious mental issues that cannot be addressed in the setting you promote and most of the time is the last[/b] place someone with those kinds of issues needs to be.

What seems to be the problem here, other than the preoponderence of self-pitying losers on this site who exert their energies blaming others for their problems rather than face up to their failures and shortcomings and move their lives in a positive direction. If you're holding on to anger and vitriole towards Hyde, it's hard to imagine that you've moved on to a positive place in your life, eg "real" happpiness. It's laughable, but also sad...

I wasn't in Hyde.  I was in one of it's predecessors years ago and I recongnize the bullshit when I see it.  How utterly typical of program proponents to use ad hominem attacks when you run out of ammo.  You know absolutely nothing about me or my life but feel totally justified in diagnosing me from a couple of posts on a message board.  I'm a 40 year old woman with two grown, successful kids.  I've got a lovely home that's just about paid for, a nice motortrawler that my husband and I regularly vacation in beautiful places on, a family that adores me and life in general is pretty damn sweet.  But feel free to view me as you do.  It's really your only defense mechanism against reality.   See, according to the people who ran my program and their supporters I should be long deadinsaneorinjail by now.  It completely flies in the face of your little fantasies that anyone who would oppose such places must be unhappy, disgruntled or whatever other adjective you choose.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2006, 03:52:39 PM »
How can anyone know who they're talking to on this board...everyone's a "Guest" and is anonymous, with the exception of the core losers who are here all the time...

Two solutions.  Get a username or use the quote feature if you don't want to register. :roll:

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »
Anne,
   Let's see...substance abuse and serious psychological problems should qualify as pathology. I agree with you that adolescence doesn't. What seems to be the problem here, other than the preoponderence of self-pitying losers on this site who exert their energies blaming others for their problems rather than face up to their failures and shortcomings and move their lives in a positive direction. If you're holding on to anger and vitriole towards Hyde, it's hard to imagine that you've moved on to a positive place in your life, eg "real" happpiness. It's laughable, but also sad...

Our family is now in a very good place and pleased with where we're headed.  We are thrilled with the educational experience our child had in the school she went to AFTER Hyde.  Our family grew too, as a result.  At the same time, we continue to feel deeply bitter toward Hyde and angry about the many pathological practices and brainwashing tactics Hyde uses.  So, you're absolutely wrong when you say that  "If you're holding on to anger and vitriole towards Hyde, it's hard to imagine that you've moved on to a positive place in your life, eg 'real' happpiness. It's laughable, but also sad."  

The clear fact is that these are not mutually exclusive --  people can continue to resent Hyde while, at the same time, they celebrate the growth and positive gains they've achieved as a result of leaving Hyde and finding much healthier environs.  Many of us have moved way past Hyde with good results.  We're also eager to let others know about the deep problems at Hyde so they can avoid the horror we experienced at that school.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2006, 10:11:02 PM »
Our family is now in a very good place and pleased with where we're headed.  We are thrilled with the educational experience our child had in the school she went to AFTER Hyde.  Our family grew too, as a result.  At the same time, we continue to feel deeply bitter toward Hyde and angry about the many pathological practices and brainwashing tactics Hyde uses.  So, you're absolutely wrong when you say that  "If you're holding on to anger and vitriole towards Hyde, it's hard to imagine that you've moved on to a positive place in your life, eg 'real' happpiness. It's laughable, but also sad."  

The clear fact is that these are not mutually exclusive --  people can continue to resent Hyde while, at the same time, they celebrate the growth and positive gains they've achieved as a result of leaving Hyde and finding much healthier environs.  Many of us have moved way past Hyde with good results.  We're also eager to let others know about the deep problems at Hyde so they can avoid the horror we experienced at that school.

I'm glad to hear your family is doing well.  That doesn't fit in with their delusional walls they've built around them in order to justify what they've done though.   They'll continue to label you, me and anyone else that isn't lockstep in line.  At least you can see it for what it is now.  Some people take years to come back to reality and sadly some never do.  Families, including mine for years, have been ripped apart by these places for decades.  The whole ideaology and way of viewing teenagers is so fucked up in this country and it's insinuated itself into way too much of the mainstream.  I read a good article when Martin Anderson died in a Florida boot camp that summed it up.  The reporter talked about the appeal of this to both political sides of the spectrum.  The liberals see it as 'alternative' in the positive sense without any real thought or research into what they're supporting.  The neocons like the 'get tough' policy for these damn deliquent kids.  I'm not trying to get all political, although I've got my very defiinite beliefs, but it just explains why it's been so slow in being challenged until now.  

By the way.....two more kids died last week in Florida boot camps.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2006, 10:46:55 AM »
anne, i would love to write you. I have the same beliefs as you and would like to try to make a difference for other families.  Can you write me at [email protected] with your email address?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2006, 12:22:01 PM »
Check your mail.  :)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2006, 12:02:11 AM »
Anne, your email did not come through.
[email protected]

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2006, 12:45:15 AM »
Try again.  I just sent another.  If it doesn't go through, get a username and private message me.  You don't ever have to post under that name if you don't want to but you can use the PM function.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »
Just go away...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2006, 01:16:29 AM »
Just go away...

Who the hell are you talking to?  Christ, if you're not going to sign in at least learn how to use the quote function. :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2006, 01:12:59 PM »
That would be shiznit...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2006, 02:58:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

I'm glad to hear your family is doing well.  That doesn't fit in with their delusional walls they've built around them in order to justify what they've done though.   They'll continue to label you, me and anyone else that isn't lockstep in line.  At least you can see it for what it is now.  Some people take years to come back to reality and sadly some never do.  Families, including mine for years, have been ripped apart by these places for decades.  The whole ideaology and way of viewing teenagers is so fucked up in this country and it's insinuated itself into way too much of the mainstream.  I read a good article when Martin Anderson died in a Florida boot camp that summed it up.  The reporter talked about the appeal of this to both political sides of the spectrum.  The liberals see it as 'alternative' in the positive sense without any real thought or research into what they're supporting.  The neocons like the 'get tough' policy for these damn deliquent kids.  I'm not trying to get all political, although I've got my very defiinite beliefs, but it just explains why it's been so slow in being challenged until now.  

By the way.....two more kids died last week in Florida boot camps.

You distort and manipulate the truth to fit your agenda in such a seemingly caring way...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2006, 03:19:17 PM »
You distort and manipulate the truth to fit your agenda in such a seemingly caring way...

What did I distort and what, pray tell, do you think my "agenda" is? :roll:

If you're just going to continue to try to insult me and not going to answer the questions or even make an attempt to engage in any sort of dialogue, this is going to get old real quick. [sigh]  I'm asking you specific questions about what you think is so good about Hyde.  I'm asking why you believe in it so strongly.  If you're going to come on here and try to defend Hyde you really should be prepared for this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2006, 09:11:04 AM »

If you're just going to continue to try to insult me and not going to answer the questions or even make an attempt to engage in any sort of dialogue, this is going to get old real quick. [sigh]  I'm asking you specific questions about what you think is so good about Hyde.  I'm asking why you believe in it so strongly.  If you're going to come on here and try to defend Hyde you really should be prepared for this.

Tired of hearing your delusional, twisted  and bitter nonsense about something you don't even know of firsthand. Please just go back into treatment and leave us alone...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2006, 09:22:01 AM »

Tired of hearing your delusional, twisted  and bitter nonsense about something you don't even know of firsthand. Please just go back into treatment and leave us alone...

Why thank you darlin'!!  Thank you very much.  You've just proven my point beyond any shadow of a doubt.  ::nod::  :rofl: