Author Topic: Daytop in NY  (Read 8864 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Daytop in NY
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 05:23:51 PM »
Daytop Village is no place for a DOG.  They have junkies and drug dealers as counselors.  The Director at Far Rockaway was terminated for having relations with the clients.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Magnificent

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 12:22:04 AM »
Katfish, these people have no clue what the hell they are talking about.  It sounds to me as if this is a place for TC or treatment failures.  Treatment Failures:  Those who can't stay clean and blame everyone or everything else for their failure.  They are irresponsible for trashing a possible referral for your friend.  Daytop, Phoenix House, and most of these programs have specialty programs for individuals with co-occurring disorders such as BPD.  I suggest your friend shop around, go check these places out and make his own decision.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 02:06:13 AM »
Quote from: "Magnificent"
It sounds to me as if this is a place for TC or treatment failures.  Treatment Failures:  Those who can't stay clean and blame everyone or everything else for their failure.

If that's the case, then include yourself.  After all, you're here.  This is an open, mostly unmoderated site much like a biker bar for discussion of anything remotely related to the so-called "troubled teen" industry.  Nobody controls the dialogue here.  If most people say they hated daytop... well then you should ask why that is happening... without the mystical manipulation bullcrap where you label everybody who disagrees with you "failures" or somehow on drugs.  It makes you look bonkers.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 03:26:30 PM »
Actually I'm here because another Daytop, "success" story, called me when he came upon this site.  Now that I"m here I just thought I'd add facts when others twist reality.  So get use to me I'll be around for a little bit.  Talk soon.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 03:44:51 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
So get use to me I'll be around for a little bit.  Talk soon.

Hey.  You're as welcome here as anybody else.  This is an open forum.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 10:54:01 AM »
I spent 8 months in Parksville NY daytop and it has taken me decades to realize the damage. perhaps places like this are not cults per se but they employ all of the basic mind control elements such as isolation, humiliation, fear, dependence and punishment for saying or thinking bad things about the group. I hear it is more watered down from what it was in the 70s but you still have untrained people using cult tactics to control people which leads to even worse forms of corruption such as personal power.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »
An Old Post but I would like to Offer A Response..

Quote from: "Magnificent"
Katfish, these people have no clue what the hell they are talking about.  It sounds to me as if this is a place for TC or treatment failures.

Treatment Failures:  Those who can't stay clean and blame everyone or everything else for their failure.  ..

What the fuck are you talking about, you ignorant moron? Whoever said that anyone here is not clean, or that anyone here who isn't clean wants to be.  That is not the issue.  

People posting here just do not like Daytop. Because Daytop sucks. :)  

They are irresponsible for trashing a possible referral for your friend.  Daytop, Phoenix House, and most of these programs have specialty programs for individuals with co-occurring disorders such as BPD..[/quote]

The Daytop that I went to certainly did not have specailty programs. .  There was only one person in the entire place who even had a psychology degree, and I never even seen her around.

I can say right here, right now, that the place thta I went to would have destroyed a person with BiPolar Disorder.  They would make such a mess of this person that I would not even want to see it.  Are you fucking kidding me?  

Quote from:
  I suggest your friend shop around, go check these places out and make his own decision.[/quote

I wonder how this actually turned out.  I remember this post from a long time ago.  I even remember where it was and what time it was when I replied to it..lol

The last place anyone with a psychological disorder should be looking is a TC.  
It is just simple logic.