Author Topic: Peninsula Village Q/A thread  (Read 41049 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Peninsula Village Q/A thread
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »
Perhaps you could splice in windows after specific staff detailing their many transgressions?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2008, 07:34:46 PM »
i know someone usually post this but I didn't see it here yet

http://www.peninsulavillage.org/Village ... 202008.pdf

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2008, 01:47:18 AM »
Quote from: ""Chelsea C""
i know someone usually post this but I didn't see it here yet

http://www.peninsulavillage.org/Village ... 202008.pdf

:roll: I had a hard time looking at that one. The cover story is very poorly written and by himself of all people...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My experiance
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2008, 02:06:01 PM »
As a resident of P-village for 6 months I believe i can add some value to this discussion. When i was there (i think around 2002?) my entire experiance was located in the STU. Through my experiance here I saw many different things and had many different experiances. I would say that the things that struck me most were the staff. Especially one man...Who i can't remember his name had something out for everyone in the unit. He's persistance in calling us 'passive aggresive' led for a interesting half a year. I can assure you that most of the staff their were not properly trained and most probably didn't even care for us (night staff laughed and talked loudly with the lights on at night).

My first experiance there after all the intake procedures was the bed making. At STU you are required to make your bed in 2 minutes...with flat sheet fitted shit pillow case ext....all with perfect corners. My first attempt I believed lasted about 5 minutes....after which a staff member through my sheets everywhere around the unit and made me go again...until i was finished.

Other basic needs were also withheld...You couldn't go outside for at least 6 weeks....You were not allowed to look out the windows (shades were closed anyways)....talking was not allowed...after your bed was made you had to sit cross legged on your bed (well mattress was pushed up...u lived in a cubby). And could not move.  In order to ask questions you must raise your hand and ask may i approach the box? which was this little taped off box in the middle of hte room. If they said yes you go to it and ask your question.

If per chance you said soomething out of turn...Or spoke without permission the entire group would have to stand up and look at the clock for 10 minutes...or more if someone moved.

Peninisula village was the worst 6 months of my life...no outside contact and you parents couldn't believe you because they were told you would say things like you wanted to say....It was like from a movie...

I can say now that i am a sucessful student...about to graduate college and in no way did P-village help me....It is buried in my mind...

If anyone has any question feel free to ask

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »
Hey Tom, I was there from January 2001 to early Febuary 2002. Give me a description of the STU staff member and I can probably get you a name.

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
Re: Peninsula Village Q/A thread
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2008, 02:26:19 PM »
I have a question for this thread...what happened to DYS? He always had good input here and was one of the first PV kids to come out and tell his story.

Offline MiMatt

• View Profile
Re: Peninsula Village Q/A thread
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2008, 05:16:22 PM »
I was at PV from Dec. 93 - April 94, If anyone has any questions about Vance Sherwood's reign of terror, I'd be happy to answer them, as best I can.

My story is located here, but I didn't tell all of it. There's a helluva lot more I should've added, but It was late at night when I found this forum, and my story would take about several weeks to type out.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26001

And does anyone remember the name of that scary looking Jewish psychologist, that was there in the early 90's, with the ultra curly hair, and the 2 inch thick glasses? I think he was probably my worst experience at PV. I loathed group sessions with him.

And can someone verify if Mr. Gorman (If anyone remembers him..) was really Steve Gorman's (drummer for the Black Crowes) brother? I heard rumors that he was....